Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Man, sound effect designers are a whole breed of their own. The way they find weird uses for sounds that are not even closely related to what it is for is absurd.
    Indeed. Like the iconic blaster sound in Star Wars is partially from striking a metal support wire, like on a telephone pole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Indeed. Like the iconic blaster sound in Star Wars is partially from striking a metal support wire, like on a telephone pole.
    Wasn't the famous lightsaber sound effects when they're waved around in the air created by waving an unshielded microphone in front of a TV?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

I knew things were rough with d4 but I didn't expect one of their quarterly updates to be focused on a group of guys throwing tomato sauce on the floor

10+ Year Old Account
    i literately can not wait for this to be release...hurry up

so many words to say next to nothing. Seems like this won't be released until AT LEAST 2024. By then, Blizzard will either no longer exist or people just won't care anymore.

Nice to see they are still working on things. Good sign for other Blizzard IPs.

If practising of their aspired values is hard work, then it sounds like they're personally very far from said values. Otherwise it'd be like second nature, or minor adjustment at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

3+ Year Old Account
    Coming soon in 2040 !

They should outsource development. This franchise is too violent and edgy for this joke of a company.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretacon View Post
    I played DIV with high hopes at Blizzcon 2019, frankly, I was NOT impressed. It was a lackluster, slow game that felt might last me playing for MAYBE a month at most. This post is nothing more than a quip of "What the Ambiance" will be like, in a long-drawn-out comparison to DIII to separate itself from it. If anything good for them for creating sounds that are dark, ambiguous, and opaque.
    I hope you weren't expecting a completed game. It was still in a pre-alpha state if memory serves. There are still many unknown factors about the game and it would be unfair to judge it this early, even if you were able to play a demo.

I was amazed by the cinematic. Looked so dark and "new" - As the months pass, it just becomes more and more Diablo 3-2

Quote Originally Posted by Pretacon View Post
    I played DIV with high hopes at Blizzcon 2019, frankly, I was NOT impressed. It was a lackluster, slow game that felt might last me playing for MAYBE a month at most. This post is nothing more than a quip of "What the Ambiance" will be like, in a long-drawn-out comparison to DIII to separate itself from it. If anything good for them for creating sounds that are dark, ambiguous, and opaque.

I played d3 at blizzcon 2011 and did nothing but pvp; that didn’t even exist in the games horrible initial state, which then proceeded to change entirely again.

Point: these builds aren’t representative of final products at all.

´´ World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, an expansion for its 16-year-old MMO, is now the fastest-selling PC game “of all time.” Gamers bought about 3.7 million copies worldwide in the game’s first full day of availability, pushing past the 3.5 million of the previous record holder — conveniently, Blizzard’s own Diablo III.´´

WAHAHHH CRYYYY BUUUUHHH BLIZZARD BAD, ALL D4 WILL FAIL JUST LOOK HOE BAD D3 WAS AND OTHER RECENT RELEASES WAAAAAH CRYYYYYYY

lmao, people who never did anything with their lives try to downplay blizzards success cause they cant cope with that people like what they say is bad

Funny how like yesterday some content creators were complaining that blizzard is lazy with no d4 updates etc. then next day blizzard announce updates. Its almost like they just try to delay everything as much as they can and when bitching starts they try to damage control fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    Funny how like yesterday some content creators were complaining that blizzard is lazy with no d4 updates etc. then next day blizzard announce updates. Its almost like they just try to delay everything as much as they can and when bitching starts they try to damage control fast.
    Isnt it funny how crime rate rises at the same time as ice cream sales? Almost as if people are criminal people buy more ice cream

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    Im going to start bitching in 2.5 months there is no update for D4 and then I bet they will placate me with another "quarterly" update.

It's amazing what people will complain about.

Hurr durr sound doesn't matter, what bullshit is this, I don't care, bla bla.
    - Have you ever played a game muted? Watched a movie without sound? Do you have any idea what impact music, sound, ambiance has? Try it out for yourself. Think for a second before you hop on your negativity bandwagon.

It will fail, it will be as bad as d3
    - Like what? Why would it ever "fail"? Also, please define that "fail" of yours. There's an enormous amount of people waiting for this release, even if it comes in 2030. And it won't be scrapped, are you even serious? And "as bad as d3"? Do you realize d3 is one of the best selling PC titles in the world?

This is one of the most negative places I have ever seen. But then again I can only blame myself for reading the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayumi View Post
    Hurr durr sound doesn't matter, what bullshit is this, I don't care, bla bla.
    - Have you ever played a game muted?
    most of the games i play i play muted.
    fe i've played wow for 10 years muted

>And "as bad as d3"? Do you realize d3 is one of the best selling PC titles in the world?
    cool, that surely makes me want to play it right now

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinured View Post
    you must be a troll.
    ye, d3 showed how "great" diablo was right?
    Yeah it did. I still play every season that is released because it is my favourite ARPG.

15+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 4 is looking fucking SWEET.
    Can't wait! Day 1 preorder on the physical CE, hope it's being made.