Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is like watching the Horseshoe form itself in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You are expounding to the symbiotic nature of political parties.

Their relationship is beneficial to both. It's also beneficial for him to leave, then jump back in when he wants to run for President.
    Debatable, him going in and out can also be hurting him to many as they see it as him being unreliable and an opportunist because they don’t know how it works or why he does it.

But the fact remains that he CANT stay in without them abusing his name and image and ignoring his policies and he CANT stay outside entirely due to our system and spoiler votes.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Debatable, him going in and out can also be hurting him to many as they see it as him being unreliable and an opportunist because they don’t know how it works or why he does it.

But the fact remains that he CANT stay in without them abusing his name and image and ignoring his policies and he CANT say outside entirely due to our system and spoiler votes.
    So, him leaving is all about his personal benefit. The same goes for him running back.

So, him leaving is all about his personal benefit. The same goes for him running back.
    Wrong, look at what I said.

He could just as easily stay in without it hurting his image or his votes and might actually gain him some since not only would he have his policies and history of practicing what he preached but he would lose the image of him going in and out giving him an image of being an unreliable opportunist.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Wrong, look at what I said.

He could just as easily stay in without it hurting his image or his votes and might actually gain him some since not only would he have his policies and history of practicing what he preached but he would lose the image of him going in and out giving him an image of being an unreliable opportunist.
    But, it is his personal benefit, because he doesn't want them trading on his name... well, only sometimes.

But, it is his personal benefit, because he doesn't want them trading on his name... well, only sometimes.
    It’s also to his detriment with the impact on his image of his reliability.

And he doesn’t want them trading on his name WHILE IGNORING AND FIGHTING HIS POLICIES. But he can stay in without any negative impact to his image. Elizabeth Warren is proof of that with her main tarnishes to her image was her waffling but she isn’t seen as an insider either.

- - - Updated - - -

Machismo, you can’t tell the difference between someone being principled versus just looking out for number one……

This is a massive running theme with you.

It’s also to his detriment with the impact on his image of his reliability.

And he doesn’t want them trading on his name WHILE IGNORING AND FIGHTING HIS POLICIES. But he can stay in without any negative impact to his image. Elizabeth Warren is proof of that with her main tarnishes to her image was her waffling but she isn’t seen as an insider either.

- - - Updated - - -

Machismo, you can’t tell the difference between someone being principled versus just looking out for number one……

This is a massive running theme with you.
    Not really, since his supporters love his outsider image. Everyone wants to pretend they are a rebel.

Warren didn't stand a chance in the primaries, Bernie did.

bernie has been stanning the biden agenda and trying to push it heavily. Ignore the internet warriors and look what is actually happening

Anyway back to yang :

Like i said earlier its a pac, im pretty sure being head of the PAC means legally you cant start a party and be head of the PAC. We have the same thing in the UK with the far right, its a usually some rich kid who racist and can get free money from rubes. Usually the parties they start also have them as leader and never have leadership elections

Not really, since his supporters love his outsider image. Everyone wants to pretend they are a rebel.

Warren didn't stand a chance in the primaries, Bernie did.
    Bernies image has nothing to do with him running as an independent and everything to do with his policies and practicing what he preaches.

Warren didn’t stand a chance against Sanders but that wasn’t the point I was getting at, is she considered an insider Democrat because she isn’t an independent?

Bernies image has nothing to do with him running as an independent and everything to do with his policies and practicing what he preaches.

Warren didn’t stand a chance against Sanders but that wasn’t the point I was getting at, is she considered an insider Democrat because she isn’t an independent?
    Of course it does, he's the Dem's version of a "maverick."

She's not an insider, from what I can tell. But, she's definitely not the "renegade" that Bernie's fans think he is. In the end, Bernie almost always toes the Democratic Party line, and they know he's a reliable ally, even when he's stomping out of the party.

Of course it does, he's the Dem's version of a "maverick."

She's not an insider, from what I can tell. But, she's definitely not the "renegade" that Bernie's fans think he is. In the end, Bernie almost always toes the Democratic Party line, and they know he's a reliable ally, even when he's stomping out of the party.
    Was McCain considered a Maverick because he dropped the Republican Party and weaved in and out?

Sanders weaving in and out was policy based. Not image based, otherwise he could have stayed in the party and still be known as the renegade maverick.

Him not staying in the party is debatable AT BEST as an image thing but proven to be a policy thing given what the DNC have tried when he stayed.

Was McCain considered a Maverick because he dropped the Republican Party and weaved in and out?

Sanders weaving in and out was policy based. Not image based, otherwise he could have stayed in the party and still be known as the renegade maverick.

Him not staying in the party is debatable AT BEST as an image thing but proven to be a policy thing given what the DNC have tried when he stayed.
    No, it was an image selling point. He was supposedly a "maverick," because he was friendly with others across the aisle.

They all have their sales pitches, AOC, McConnell, Crenshaw... all of them.

No, it was an image selling point. He was supposedly a "maverick," because he was friendly with others across the aisle.

They all have their sales pitches, AOC, McConnell, Crenshaw... all of them.
    So his image “selling point” is being an unreliable opportunist who is so flakey that he only joins the party when it can benefit him?

Because, regardless of the facts, that is what he is perceived as by those who don’t know the facts.

And McConnell? You really equating him doing something based on policy to McConnell outright lying as a sales pitch?

And AOC, while she has had her Trump moments of having facts wrong, her policies have been the selling points along with her actually pushing them.

Again, you are wrong…..

You can’t seem to see anything beyond the mindset of “Looking out for myself” if policies don’t directly equate to that in the moment, it doesn’t seem to compute to you. Similar to how Trump can’t seem to see anything beyond a transactional mind set.

So his image “selling point” is being an unreliable opportunist who is so flakey that he only joins the party when it can benefit him?

Because, regardless of the facts, that is what he is perceived as by those who don’t know the facts.

And McConnell? You really equating him doing something based on policy to McConnell outright lying as a sales pitch?

And AOC, while she has had her Trump moments of having facts wrong, her policies have been the selling points along with her actually pushing them.

Again, you are wrong…..

You can’t seem to see anything beyond the mindset of “Looking out for myself” if policies don’t directly equate to that in the moment, it doesn’t seem to compute to you. Similar to how Trump can’t seem to see anything beyond a transactional mind set.
    No, I'd say his selling point is that he's not a puppet of the establishment, and cannot be bought. Now, whether or not that's true... is a different story.

McConnell does have an image, and most consider it a shitty one. But, he's perceived s the guy who gets shit done for his party, regardless of morals or ethics. It may be a shitty image, but it's one he's spent decades curating.

AOC also has an image, as a sassy millenial who is storming into DC to speak for the younger generations.

The bottom line is that politics is a show, because we rarely see what actually happens behind closed doors. They are playing for the cameras. The same goes for punditry. Above all else, politicians are salesmen.

No, I'd say his selling point is that he's not a puppet of the establishment, and cannot be bought. Now, whether or not that's true... is a different story.

McConnell does have an image, and most consider it a shitty one. But, he's perceived s the guy who gets shit done for his party, regardless of morals or ethics. It may be a shitty image, but it's one he's spent decades curating.

AOC also has an image, as a sassy millenial who is storming into DC to speak for the younger generations.

The bottom line is that politics is a show, because we rarely see what actually happens behind closed doors. They are playing for the cameras. The same goes for punditry. Above all else, politicians are salesmen.
    I understand that optics matter, and have policies matter as well. And Sanders policies are what make him popular, his independent status actually COSTS him more than he gains by far.

His “cannot be bought” status doesn’t come from being an independent, it comes from turning down lobbyist and practicing what he preaches.

Agreed with McConnell but overall that isn’t his image so much alas that is what he really is.

And AOC can have an image of a sassy millennial but that image wouldn’t do crap without the policies she has.

And while optics is a huge part of politics, but the fact is that the policies matter as well and Sanders actions on this HURTS his image far more than it helps it and makes sense when you look at it from a policy perspective.

While you can’t discount the image and selfish perspective, you can’t pretend that that’s the only perspectives that exist or matter.

AFK.

I understand that optics matter, and have policies matter as well. And Sanders policies are what make him popular, his independent status actually COSTS him more than he gains by far.

His “cannot be bought” status doesn’t come from being an independent, it comes from turning down lobbyist and practicing what he preaches.

Agreed with McConnell but overall that isn’t his image so much alas that is what he really is.

And AOC can have an image of a sassy millennial but that image wouldn’t do crap without the policies she has.

And while optics is a huge part of politics, but the fact is that the policies matter as well and Sanders actions on this HURTS his image far more than it helps it and makes sense when you look at it from a policy perspective.

While you can’t discount the image and selfish perspective, you can’t pretend that that’s the only perspectives that exist or matter.

AFK.
    Not really, they love him, because he's an "outsider."

Every politicians has one primary function, to stay in office. Above all else, that is their goal. Very, very few politicians knowingly and willingly commit political suicide.

The issue with a great many Bernie supporters, along with Bernie, is that they have issues dealing with the "how" aspect of policies. This is even more true with AOC, and even Warren.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-10-08 at 07:35 PM.

It would be wise if the both the Democrats & Republicans were split up to represent the old guard & new guard, respectively.

Not really, they love him, because he's an "outsider."

Every politicians has one primary function, to stay in office. Above all else, that is their goal. Very, very few politicians knowingly and willingly commit political suicide.

The issue with a great many Bernie supporters, along with Bernie, is that they have issues dealing with the "how" aspect of policies. This is even more true with AOC, and even Warren.
    “They love him because he is an outsider” as you imply it is a crock and that is putting it nicely. Saying he is an outsider just because he doesn’t run as a Democrat or Republican might appeal to non-voters who still won’t vote if his name is on a ballot but to actual voters, no, that Independent label actually works AGAINST him…

This is a giant running theme with you about how you can’t mentally comprehend something being done that doesn’t directly relate to someone’s personal power and that if the policy isn’t directly that selfish it does t exist….

Sanders image comes from his Policy’s and him practicing what he preaches. Not from doing something that makes him look I described earlier.

Your notion of why he runs as an independent is about as accurate as that guy from Kung Pow that squeaks and thinks that bleeding makes him the victor in a fight.

Policy actually can serve a purpose besides putting yourself into power and can actually work against it. Sanders could stay in the Democratic Party just fine and not lose an iota of voters.

“They love him because he is an outsider” as you imply it is a crock and that is putting it nicely. Saying he is an outsider just because he doesn’t run as a Democrat or Republican might appeal to non-voters who still won’t vote if his name is on a ballot but to actual voters, no, that Independent label actually works AGAINST him…

This is a giant running theme with you about how you can’t mentally comprehend something being done that doesn’t directly relate to someone’s personal power and that if the policy isn’t directly that selfish it does t exist….

Sanders image comes from his Policy’s and him practicing what he preaches. Not from doing something that makes him look I described earlier.

Your notion of why he runs as an independent is about as accurate as that guy from Kung Pow that squeaks and thinks that bleeding makes him the victor in a fight.

Policy actually can serve a purpose besides putting yourself into power and can actually work against it. Sanders could stay in the Democratic Party just fine and not lose an iota of voters.
    No, this is me simply disagreeing with you. Its not that I am incapable of comprehending, it's just that you and I have differing opinions on this. It doesn't make me evil, nor does it make me a monster.

Here's the thing, I actually respect the guy. But, unlike you, I'm not obsessed with the dude. I'm guessing you are letting your support for him get in the way.

He chose to leave the party, that was a decision he made all on his own. Not only that, he chose to come back. In both cases, he was basing it on what was best for him. I find it foolish to think he's beyond the concept of acting in a self-serving manner.

No, this is me simply disagreeing with you. Its not that I am incapable of comprehending, it's just that you and I have differing opinions on this. It doesn't make me evil, nor does it make me a monster.

Here's the thing, I actually respect the guy. But, unlike you, I'm not obsessed with the dude. I'm guessing you are letting your support for him get in the way.

He chose to leave the party, that was a decision he made all on his own. Not only that, he chose to come back. In both cases, he was basing it on what was best for him. I find it foolish to think he's beyond the concept of acting in a self-serving manner.
    You don't understand what I am saying then.

What I am saying is that your opinion that he is doing it all because of his image is debatable. While you say it helps his image, it hurts it just as much by making him look unreliable and an opportunist to anyone looking who doesn't know the how things work. But as I said, it is entirely debatable at that point but not what I was pointing out. I was pointing out more proven reasons why he is doing it.

He is doing it because:
    1) If he stays in the party, the party tries to trade on his name and trodding him out for voters while hounding him for his donor list and fighting against his policies. This isn't an opinion, they have already tried this after the election with Clinton and.....

2) If he doesn't primary as part of the party, he will end up splitting the votes and ensuring neither him nor the Democrat wins and that the worst possible option ends up winning instead due to how our system works. This also isn't an opinion, it is literally how the system is designed.

Your opinion for a possible reason why he does it is up for debate, the functional reasons why he does it is not. THAT is what I am trying to point out to you.