The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay if we're going to get pedantic about Wrath Gate VS Battle for Undercity.

Yes, you can still watch Putress bomb the Wrath Gate. BUT

1. The questline aborts immediately after that, you don't get to see the resolution of Putress' arc in BfU.

2. To even view it at this point you have to think to do questing in Dragonblight, which most players won't do unless they are Chormie Timeing into Northrend.

3. It's literally never been followed up on again since being the entire focus of the opening cinematic for Undead. To the point that a chunk of the team has just forgotten a coup ever happened.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Honestly, something like an Artifact Trinket would be quite cool.

Pretty much a combination of the Heart, the Artifact Weapon and Tier Sets.
    No! The worst thing about the Heart of Azeroth was that they took the bad things from Artifact Weapons and threw away the only good things - the skins and loreheavy background. I never want a noname legendary ring/trinket/neck without any visuals anymore. Whoever thought that the stats/effects of a legendary are the reason people liked them pre-MoP was probably also the person who thought it would be good to do M+ without any unique rewards at the start of Legion (especially after two expansions with CM gold rewards ...).

*shudders*

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Idea: Ultron from the recent What If episode breaks through into Azeroth and kills everyone. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    No! The worst thing about the Heart of Azeroth was that they took the bad things from Artifact Weapons and threw away the only good things - the skins and loreheavy background. I never want a noname legendary ring/trinket/neck without any visuals anymore. Whoever thought that the stats/effects of a legendary are the reason people liked them pre-MoP was probably also the person who thought it would be good to do M+ without any unique rewards at the start of Legion (especially after two expansions with CM gold rewards ...).

*shudders*
    Precisely.

I find it telling that the current developers see "role-playing elements" as purely numerical and mechanical. They see "Fireball" and think "X amount of direct damage with AoE and DoT components" rather than "a mage spell wherein they coalesce ambient arcane energy into unstable elemental fire, projected toward an enemy to sear their flesh with explosive force, causing collateral damage."

I want to inhabit a role within a world. I want to view my characters as characters. More and more throughout the years, we've lost elements that would distinguish our characters as individuals. We've become number delivery systems.

Anyone ever wonder why the daily emisaries don't give anima? I happened to check the old PTR notes on what the dailies would give, and according to that all callings would give Anima, with the more difficult callings giving 250 anima tokens.

I guess Blizzard might have felt it was too much when you also got Anima from World Quests, but still.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Man, I want some news. I've never felt so bored during an ongoing expansion, not even during WoD or BfA. Blizzard, just give us... something? This weird limbo retail is in is hard to witness.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Man, I want some news. I've never felt so bored during an ongoing expansion, not even during WoD or BfA. Blizzard, just give us... something? This weird limbo retail is in is hard to witness.
    I dunno, this still feels significantly better than it did in WoD, simply because at least here I have stuff I can actually do for actual rewards. The content might be pretty awful like what I am seeing with Path of Ascension, but at least its something.

I do definitely feel the need for more content though, if only having it be announced would be great.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I dunno, this still feels significantly better than it did in WoD, simply because at least here I have stuff I can actually do for actual rewards. The content might be pretty awful like what I am seeing with Path of Ascension, but at least its something.

I do definitely feel the need for more content though, if only having it be announced would be great.
    I agree, WoD was still the worst time for me in terms of game experience. Can't wait to hear about 9.2 though! Zereth Mortis coming throuuuuugh!

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, think of the positive if you survive with your sanity intact after this. You can overcome any WoW drought. We will survive until Mid November for our 9.2 news!

Again, I think this whole situation has been unacceptable for a while. But, as always this is the same community that didn't react to the Q&A silently being shot behind the barn after it had been a mainstay for 3 expansions and who have people actively thinking the blog post communication per 2-3 weeks means we're in a "right step" while the game has been stuck in a limbo state for 8+ months with the only real confirmation that 9.2 exists being one sentence from the Game Director back in late April.

Again I just can't wait for this nightmare to be over. At least with Expansion droughts you at least have excitement going for you. But, here we're stuck in limbo knowing that we're heading for the worst case scenario regardless (or are we? ) and we are just waiting for that Blizzcon Online will deliver us to a better place.

November better be big, honestly.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-10-08 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I agree, WoD was still the worst time for me in terms of game experience. Can't wait to hear about 9.2 though! Zereth Mortis coming throuuuuugh!
    I always hear this, and I do understand it, but for my money... I enjoyed WoD. Not my top pick, but I legitimately did enjoy it. The raids were fantastic, the dungeons fun, and as for the rest? I was able to set my own goals and pursue them. There was no strongarming me into this content or that. They didn't tie everything into the same content streams, so I could pick and choose which content I wanted to do based on enjoyment rather than a chore list.

There was good here. Good philosophies, even. But self-determinism seems to be something modern WoW players reject, for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I always hear this, and I do understand it, but for my money... I enjoyed WoD. Not my top pick, but I legitimately did enjoy it. The raids were fantastic, the dungeons fun, and as for the rest? I was able to set my own goals and pursue them. There was no strongarming me into this content or that. They didn't tie everything into the same content streams, so I could pick and choose which content I wanted to do based on enjoyment rather than a chore list.

There was good here. Good philosophies, even. But self-determinism seems to be something modern WoW players reject, for the most part.
    I think art and music in WoD were outstanding, but scrapped Karabor, Shattrath and Faralon... man, that still hurts haha. But I agree, this expansion brought good things!

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    To be honest, think of the positive if you survive with your sanity intact after this. You can overcome any WoW drought. We will survive until Mid November for our 9.2 news!

Again, I think this whole situation has been unacceptable for a while. But, as always this is the same community that didn't react to the Q&A silently being shot behind the barn after it had been a mainstay for 3 expansions and who have people actively thinking the blog post communication per 2-3 weeks means we're in a "right step" while the game has been stuck in a limbo state for 8+ months with the only real confirmation that 9.2 exists being one sentence from the Game Director back in late April.

Again I just can't wait for this nightmare to be over. At least with Expansion droughts you at least have excitement going for you. But, here we're stuck in limbo knowing that we're heading for the worst case scenario regardless (or are we? ) and we are just waiting for that Blizzcon Online will deliver us to a better place.

November better be big, honestly.
    It's been a while since I've thought that the we're getting value for the sub. While you pay for server access, if there is not much on the server is it worth the price you pay?

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    It's been a while since I've thought that the we're getting value for the sub. While you pay for server access, if there is not much on the server is it worth the price you pay?
    This is where their "play the patch" philosophy really falls apart. With nearly two decades of old content present, players should never really have an excuse to be bored. They need to start treating their history as a boon rather than a liability.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is stuff to do, its just gotten a bit old and and everything takes longer in a WFH environment so these long "lul" will happen until the <Insert world event here> ends. Sure it sucks that wait times are longer but Dragon Soul to MoP and MoP to WoD were far more painful to go through. Even now I don't think things are that bad ingame. Worst patch? Oh ffs no. 6.1 was more eyerolling worthy.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I agree. I feel as if the PTR updates have been lackluster the last couple weeks too.

Been more WoW classic news than retail for awhile now.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I think art and music in WoD were outstanding, but scrapped Karabor, Shattrath and Faralon... man, that still hurts haha. But I agree, this expansion brought good things!
    Honestly the only nagging memory from this expansion is the consistent caffeine addiction while running through the mines and picking herbs in my garden then going back to the Mission Tables before then doing what I wanted for the day. Yes, these were chores but I feel at least the chores were centralized and once you were done you were done for the day unlike with the current game. (Obviously some people decided to outdo themselves and do these chores on 10+ characters and we know what happened after that.. Mad folk is all I say.)

The levelling in WoD was really fun and honestly the art direction made each zones extremely unique and varied to go through even if I am not the biggest fan of Gorgrond traversal. Obviously the biggest sour points for me during that expansion was the story and how the whole "Warlords of Draenor" thing never really manifested itself in-game and instead all the warchiefs were just picked off in random spots with only Kargath, Kilrogg being raid bosses while the main Warlord became a prisoner we had to rescue and which lead to Light Zealot Space Marine Grom.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-10-08 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Honestly the only nagging memory from this expansion is the consistent caffeine addiction while running through the mines and picking herbs in my garden then going back to the Mission Tables before then doing what I wanted for the day. Yes, these were chores but I feel at least the chores were centralized and once you were done you were done for the day unlike with the current game. (Obviously some people decided to outdo themselves and do these chores on 10+ characters and we know what happened after that.. Mad folk is all I say.)

The levelling in WoD was really fun and honestly the art direction made each zones extremely unique and varied to go through even if I am not the biggest fan of Gorgrond traversal. Obviously the biggest sour points for me during that expansion was the story and how the whole "Warlords of Draenor" thing never really manifested itself in-game and instead all the warchiefs were just picked off in random spots with only Kargath, Kilrogg being raid bosses while the main Warlord became a prisoner we had to rescue and which lead to Light Zealot Space Marine Grom.
    It took all of 5 minutes in WoD to get your chores done, and they weren't required elements of player power progression. And yeah, the Warlords themselves were pretty cherry-picked. I really wanted to see Zuluhed the Whacked pre-Dragonmaw Clan.

1+ Year Old Account
    Unless you absolutely love Classic Project titles (Classic Seasonal/Classic Era/Classic TBC), yeah it's been hard to see the value proposition at this point for a very long time.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-10-08 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    This is where their "play the patch" philosophy really falls apart. With nearly two decades of old content present, players should never really have an excuse to be bored. They need to start treating their history as a boon rather than a liability.
    That would hold up if people hadn't also had two decades to do said content. Sorry, but i'm not terribly interested in doing most of that stuff again.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That would hold up if people hadn't also had two decades to do said content. Sorry, but i'm not terribly interested in doing most of that stuff again.
    Diehards like us are relatively rare. We're the content locusts - there is no universe in which they are able to produce content as quickly as we can consume it. The majority of the playerbase hasn't done wide swathes of content, even when it was relevant. Making this content relevant again would add so much to the game.

Furthermore, even as a content locust... it would be nice to be given reason to experience some of this stuff again for a change of pace. WoW Classic and FFXIV speak to this.