View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    This thread is feeling more and more like groundhog day.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Note to self. Stop replying to the burner and the dribbler. Pigeons. Chessboard.

I still find myself automatically trying to put straight their lies and bullshit. But what's the point? The burner will vanish shortly. The dribbler will carry on spouting his nonsense until he picks up another ban and leaves us in peace for a while. Brexit will carry on being shit. Boris will carry on being a lazy, useless moron.

Ignore them and they'll go back to the racist corner they crawled out of, where their posts are no doubt cheered by others of their kind. I shudder to even imagine such a place.
    I have said it countless times, stop feeding them.

I know some of you have the mindset of 'their bullshit needs to be called out!" but you forget the people who are prone to believing what they say do not care what the facts say. They just dismiss facts that debunk their nonsense as 'fake news' or 'propaganda'.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    I have said it countless times, stop feeding them.

I know some of you have the mindset of 'their bullshit needs to be called out!" but you forget the people who are prone to believing what they say do not care what the facts say. They just dismiss facts that debunk their nonsense as 'fake news' or 'propaganda'.
    They are worse than that now. They aren't just dismissing things as "fake news", they are literally taking a piece of bad news, pretending that it's good and claiming it as a Brexit benefit. It's gone beyond a difference of political opinion to being a different intepretation of reality. So I agree with you, discussion and debate are pointless; it's like trying to argue with a schizophrenic that the voices they're hearing aren't real.

I don't think we'll ever be able to get people like this back now. It feels like they're too far gone.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    They are worse than that now. They aren't just dismissing things as "fake news", they are literally taking a piece of bad news, pretending that it's good and claiming it as a Brexit benefit. It's gone beyond a difference of political opinion to being a different intepretation of reality. So I agree with you, discussion and debate are pointless; it's like trying to argue with a schizophrenic that the voices they're hearing aren't real.

I don't think we'll ever be able to get people like this back now. It feels like they're too far gone.
    52-48 Huey remember that?

In my book it's the majority that are the norm, and one by one the minority remainers left on the fringes swap back into that normal fold, newly enlightened, educated and welcomed to our flock with open arms by we Brexiteers.

Come join us, you know it makes sense!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    52-48 Huey remember that?

In my book it's the majority that are the norm, and one by one the minority remainers left on the fringes swap back into that normal fold, newly enlightened, educated and welcomed to our flock with open arms by we Brexiteers.

Come join us, you know it makes sense!
    That was the vote 5 years ago.. What do the new polls say?
    it's like trying to argue with a schizophrenic that the voices they're hearing aren't real.
    Some know the voices they hear aren't real.. But it's still hard to filter out things that are actually happening to you, even if you know it's just subjective reality, rather than objective reality.
    But that's steering way, way off course for a brexit thread

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    That was the vote 5 years ago.. What do the new polls say?
    We tend to have a vote, that counts anyway, on the EU every 40 or 50 years so the next one won't be until 2060 ish.

And with the wonderful news coming out of Poland this week who knows if the EU will still exist. It is particularly interesting to watch that situation develop and I do wonder what would happen if the EU had its army now in place.

Inevitable that too, even though the remainers at the time of the referendum said an EU army will never happen. Do you think the EU would use it to enforce the supremacy of EU law on the Polish people? Tanks on the streets maybe?

Donald Tusk seems worried, and he should know.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...rsaw-latest-vn

"The operation planned by Jaroslaw Kaczynski to remove Poland from Europe has started full steam ahead. If we remain inactive, nothing will stop him."
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

In my book it's the majority that are the norm
    So what about the 60% that didn't vote for Boris? That's a majority, so you should believe that their voice should count for more than Boris.

Oh wait, you're a giant hypocrite who will "support" whatever mental gymnastics are required to prove that your side is supposed to be the winner. Which is why you'll deny PR in almost the same breath that you demand majority rule is best.

This is why nobody will take anything you say seriously. Logic is a foreign language for you.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

So what about the 60% that didn't vote for Boris? That's a majority, so you should believe that their voice should count for more than Boris.

Oh wait, you're a giant hypocrite who will "support" whatever mental gymnastics are required to prove that your side is supposed to be the winner. Which is why you'll deny PR in almost the same breath that you demand majority rule is best.

This is why nobody will take anything you say seriously. Logic is a foreign language for you.
    Hue, I just read what he says with a massive pint of salt.

The only thing I tend to suffer from is brain damage from the amount of facepalms I have to do when I read his bullshit, and his arrogance/propaganda ''JOIN US, GET COMMON SENSE!'' type of posts.

Britain destroying 10.000 pigs due to lack of butchers/transport, while going through a pork shortage. Brexit in a nutshell.

We tend to have a vote, that counts anyway, on the EU every 40 or 50 years so the next one won't be until 2060 ish.

And with the wonderful news coming out of Poland this week who knows if the EU will still exist. It is particularly interesting to watch that situation develop and I do wonder what would happen if the EU had its army now in place.

Inevitable that too, even though the remainers at the time of the referendum said an EU army will never happen. Do you think the EU would use it to enforce the supremacy of EU law on the Polish people? Tanks on the streets maybe?

"The operation planned by Jaroslaw Kaczynski to remove Poland from Europe has started full steam ahead. If we remain inactive, nothing will stop him."
    God I hope they remove Poland and Hungary. Imagine how tranquil it’ll be, with the UK, Poland and Hungary gone.

Besides the EU will stand longer than the UK, just a matter of the brits beeing hypocrits and keeping the scots in a union they dont want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    You do understand these sort of dates are not set in stone, right?

With how many hate Poland, it will be even better than brexit.

I love the utter lack of consistency on show from our resident burner. What he sees is fact, but what we can all see is made up. What he knows about other areas of the country is truth, what the media print (or we hear) about other parts of the country is made up.

I don't think he even realises how childish and insane he sounds with these rants. He presumably thinks he's "setting us straight" when in actual fact he's giving us all a good giggle while he continues his impotent outbursts.

And all his words will vanish shortly. Then he'll be back to repeat the process, for reasons that no sane person could understand.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Of all the places to bullshit about lol I literally live in Yorkshire. West Yorkshire, to be exact.

And you're only talking petrol here, no mention of food. The petrol issues up here did happen, but they didn't last more than a week as far as I saw.
    I would take a guess that the short duration of the petrol shortage might have something to do with BJ deploying the army to supply petrol.
    Just a guess..

So it wasn't fixed long term, only short term through the deployment of the army.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

my workmates in the welsh noodle mines have reported no trouble buying coal and spotted dick.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Did I ever use the word "crisis"? Have a look back while you make another account.
    I always wonder how one can make that many burner/alt accounts, IP ban should be a thing imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    I always wonder how one can make that many burner/alt accounts, IP ban should be a thing imho.
    Then they just restart their modem and get a new IP address, and some poor guy who has the same ISP suddenly can't access the site. At most they probably have to turn the modem off for like 10 minutes to make sure they get a new IP address.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Then they just restart their modem and get a new IP address, and some poor guy who has the same ISP suddenly can't access the site. At most they probably have to turn the modem off for like 10 minutes to make sure they get a new IP address.
    Someone wasting their time spamming burner accounts to post on these forums doesn't come across, to me, as smart enough to figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    A bit of a different tangent, but a bit of some insight into UK Brexit troubles:
    Hauling donuts to Germany what the actual fuck?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And with the wonderful news coming out of Poland this week who knows if the EU will still exist.
    Wonderful? Have you bothered to read up on what the issue is about? Because if you think this is wonderful..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Wonderful? Have you bothered to read up on what the issue is about? Because if you think this is wonderful..
    It's dribbles so no, he hasn't actually read up on it.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers