Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Slightly over 1k at the moment, with epic flier on two 70s and working on the epic flier for the soon-to-be third 70. Still have many enchants/upgrades to spend money on though. I usually raise gold only when I have my eyes on something specific, with the exception of a reserve that I keep in case some crazy opportunity appears on the AH.

This game literally throws gold at you in TBC.

Must be such an embarassing self own to pretend you have time to raid but not enough for the 30-45 mins of time it takes to afford raiding. If you're too (and I know this forum hates the word, but) retarded to work out how to make a few hundred gold in less than an hour, then stop worring about parsing (the only reason you'd need a single consumable in raids anyway) and spend 5 minutes thinking about how you're trying to make gold. Don't kid yourself and blame the game for 'forcing' you to buy it. Lying to yourself is never wise

OT: A few thousand gold, 2 70s both with epic flying because jesus christ it's easy to make gold. Started TBC classic with 35g, all of it was made since June. Because, yaknow, literally just playing the game makes you a few hundred gold a week, let alone consciously attempting to farm it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I like to sit around 5-7k gold. I'm a raider so the bulk of my spending is on consumes and related costs.

If I drop below that ill do some activities, but otherwise I'm pretty much raid logging.

I have 2 70 alts, neither with epic flying, they don't need it. They do have maxed profs though which mean it's easy to make the majority of what I need in bulk for cheap.

OFF-TOPIC
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    This game literally throws gold at you in TBC.

Must be such an embarassing self own to pretend you have time to raid but not enough for the 30-45 mins of time it takes to afford raiding. If you're too (and I know this forum hates the word, but) retarded
    Why don't you use that "big brain" of yours and come up with a better word to use especially since it is an incorrect use of the word meaning you are using it as a slur.
    Last edited by blastfromthepast; 2021-10-06 at 02:03 PM. Reason: forgot to remove on quote

Quote Originally Posted by blastfromthepast View Post
    Why don't you use that "big brain" of yours and come up with a better word to use especially since it is an incorrect use of the word meaning you are using it as a slur.
    Stupid. Sorry you got caught up on semantics there, champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started raid logging with about 6k. Down to 2.6k from consumes so I might have to farm sometime soon.

Haste Potions are brutally expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    im at 4100 have epic flying and all that. been doing fishing daily and 20 mins of mining/jc a day recently

Quote Originally Posted by Hallheal View Post
    I'm sitting at 12k gold with 4 70 alts. Do not farm that much and donate to guild if we need things. Have 1 epic mount on my "farmer". Interested to see where I stand among others.
    At this point I am confident that most tbc players simply buy gold, so I'd say everyone is rich for just a little rl money.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    At this point I am confident that most tbc players simply buy gold, so I'd say everyone is rich for just a little rl money.
    People buying gold is the reason everyone has more gold nowadays than they did in the old days.

The people who aren't buying gold are getting gold from services like tanking/healing heroics. gdkps, and level boosting. Guess where they get the gold to pay for those things? They buy gold. Guess how you are able to sell so much terocone for such a high price? people buy gold. The amount of raw gold that flows into the economy from botting is absurd and it affects everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by evermynd View Post
    People buying gold is the reason everyone has more gold nowadays than they did in the old days.

The people who aren't buying gold are getting gold from services like tanking/healing heroics. gdkps, and level boosting. Guess where they get the gold to pay for those things? They buy gold. Guess how you are able to sell so much terocone for such a high price? people buy gold. The amount of raw gold that flows into the economy from botting is absurd and it affects everyone.
    Wrong. I have never done any of that and I have two 70s with epic flying, raid with consumes on both 70s, each have 3k gold. I spend 1 hr a week getting food, 1 hr a week getting herbs, and I farm my own mats for my tailoring cloth CDs. I just plain buy my enchants and gems. The most expensive thing I have ever sold was about 100g.

All I did was do all the quests and run dungeons as dps toons (so grinding gold as an average dps player didn't happen). I'm honored with the two factions for dailies. I am no one special who hasn't done any extraordinary farming. I started with 80g this expac.

Just playing the game has allowed me to create a little surplus and when I raid I have flask food pots and weapon enchant. Enough to show that "I'm taking this serious" without being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    I have about 25k left.

I trade retail gold for classic gold quite often, it's not against any rules, and 1 game token is just 20 euro, about 1 hour of work.

Never ever bought illegal gold tho!

not enough, as a tank most days are just spent farming gold.