Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shullski View Post
    Lets hate Blizzard when it makes sense. Sound design is massive.
    Sound is cool and all but 9/10 games I mute music and most sounds in a game because i'm on voice or vibing to my own music and/or whatever I have on, on my other screen.

I haven't had sound on for WoW since like 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Sound is cool and all but 9/10 games I mute music and most sounds in a game because i'm on voice or vibing to my own music and/or whatever I have on, on my other screen.

And what all those posts like this have to do with the sound design blog update? Like you expect them to release game without sound or with some simple samples like from Mario game from 90s?

Sound design is a big part of game development and it can really add to the climate of game (or ruin it). Is does not matter if you gona play with sound off.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really is becoming a bad joke about how miserable "fans" will find literally anything to whine and complain about, if given the opportunity.

When you are an expert on your own interests and happiness, you would think you'd be smart enough to realize where that ends and other's opinions begin.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-10-09 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayumi View Post
    It will fail, it will be as bad as d3
    - Like what? Why would it ever "fail"? Also, please define that "fail" of yours. There's an enormous amount of people waiting for this release, even if it comes in 2030. And it won't be scrapped, are you even serious? And "as bad as d3"? Do you realize d3 is one of the best selling PC titles in the world?
    Are you being obtuse on purpose, or have you not played D3 much? D3 has fun combat, but entirely lacks depth, has none of the atmosphere that made the franchise, and bastardizes the enemy by making your character a literal god.

Yes, D3 sold really well. That doesn't make it hard to understand what someone means when they call D3 a bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post

You can just dont like D3 and that's it. Sky isn't falling. You don't have to be a "BlIz SuX hAtoR". D4, i might or might not like it. We'll see, too son.
    I never suggested otherwise. Ofc you can hate it. I wasn't talking to you; I replied to a specific person and was wondering if one word in his post was really what the guy meant given other parts of his post. Nothing you wrote about had anything to do with what I wrote about so I'm not sure why you even bothered to reply to me or what you think you're disagreeing about with my post. Did you not read my post? Did you purposely misrepresent it? Or are you that obtuse (not sure why this trend online exists; don't people know it just makes them look, well, stupid)? Do worry, those aren't seriously questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    It really is becoming a bad joke about how miserable "fans" will find literally anything to whine and complain about, if given the opportunity.

When you are an expert on your own interests and happiness, you would think you'd be smart enough to realize where that ends and other's opinions begin.
    Some people here just love to bitch and disagree about anything. I had a guy reply to me, attempt to criticize my post and in doing so made a post that had nothing to do with my post whatsoever, which really was nothing more than a question about a term used. But I bet he got that little "hit" from "disagreeing" (disagreeing about a question/wondering apparently). Some people just love to bitch.
    Last edited by Liarparadox; 2021-10-09 at 05:07 PM.

Why would anyone be excited for this? 2021 Blizzard is a pathetic, joke of a company that makes horrible games.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Why would anyone be excited for this?
    Because alot of people love Diablo franchise, wanna see D4 released and are excited to see some news about D4 development? Is not this simple?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    And what all those posts like this have to do with the sound design blog update? Like you expect them to release game without sound or with some simple samples like from Mario game from 90s?

Sound design is a big part of game development and it can really add to the climate of game (or ruin it). Is does not matter if you gona play with sound off.
    I think it plays a role, but to me it's pretty immaterial and the desire to sink time and resources into that area of development is almost completely wasted on a customer like me.

While I understand it, and I sometimes do it (never on the 1st playthrough), I'll always say the same: playing a videogame muted is like reading a transcript of a movie. You can get the vibe of it, but you're losing half the experience.

What I ind infuriating is that some people that do that they later complain about the game being hard. Well, maybe it's because you're adding a handicap to it?

Why would anyone be excited for this? 2021 Blizzard is a pathetic, joke of a company that makes horrible games.
    well said. i cant remember the last time Blizz released a solid gaming experience. maybe SC2? MoP was good too for most people

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brinkber245 View Post
    Of course they're going to make it, rubes like you exist to buy it up no matter how trash the game and/or company is
    Zero fucks given.

I'm calling it now, this game is never getting released.

I think it plays a role, but to me it's pretty immaterial and the desire to sink time and resources into that area of development is almost completely wasted on a customer like me.
    Luckily there are few more customers than just you.

Because alot of people love Diablo franchise, wanna see D4 released and are excited to see some news about D4 development? Is not this simple?
    You love a franchise that was created from a completely different company. That Blizzard no longer exists.

You love a franchise that was created from a completely different company. That Blizzard no longer exists.
    If it is so bad why are you and the rest of the rabid haters here to post 24/7? Move on with your lives if that blizzard is dead and gone.

Honestly D2R really made me want D4, because D2R has a lot of that old game design I just don't enjoy anymore, things they improved in D3. Luckily new season of D3 isn't too far away, but if D4 takes till 2023-2024 my hype and desire to play it will probably be gone. Unless we get some big news and a release date (which if they give us an early 2023 release date next year I might still be excited) not releasing in 2022 is gonna do quite a bit to dampen D4, which honestly makes me think they might have been better off not giving us D4 news in 2019, but waiting till 2020 or 2021 when we are closer to completion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

I don't give a shit about who is making it. All I care is gameplay and how much fun I have playing it.

Luckily there are few more customers than just you.
    Ok? Why are you being so rude?

Ok? Why are you being so rude?
    Pointing out that they make game not only for you and more people want good quality sound is rude?

Or you know your argument is silly ("Hey guys, I play without sound, why they even bother working on it?") and you just don't have anytyhing of value to say?

Pointing out that they make game not only for you and more people want good quality sound is rude?

Or you know your argument is silly ("Hey guys, I play without sound, why they even bother working on it?") and you just don't have anytyhing of value to say?
    I never made an argument, I responded to a guy talking about how important sound design is to a game, I gave up myself as an example of someone who does not care about sound. You're really quick on the trigger here my guy.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This not really belongs here... maybe put it on DiabloFans! Also would like to see more news about other mmo's on the front page like FFXIV!