Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Finally level 80. Not that I cared much but that was one helluva journey.

Now just have to do 9001 blue quests which i completely ignored in the past. Then to figure out where to get either guild or people to play raids with.
    You don't need an FC to do the raids if you want to see the story. The raids on normal are pretty easy. Just do the questline and then when you get to the part where you have to do the raid, just queue for it in duty finder (ofcourse queue times will vary depending on what day and time you queue and what role you are queued as. Don't bother reading guides beforehand because really these raids are super easy and the party will succeeded even if you die over and over and you'll just needlessly spoil yourself and stuff that happens during the fight). If you want to do the raids on harder difficulties, than honestly it's pretty late in the game to join an FC. Extreme trials are puggable. The savage raids aren't that hard anymore because raiders are geared, and FCs have pretty much stopped actively progging them.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    You don't need an FC to do the raids if you want to see the story. The raids on normal are pretty easy. Just do the questline and then when you get to the part where you have to do the raid, just queue for it in duty finder (ofcourse queue times will vary depending on what day and time you queue and what role you are queued as. Don't bother reading guides beforehand because really these raids are super easy and the party will succeeded even if you die over and over and you'll just needlessly spoil yourself and stuff that happens during the fight). If you want to do the raids on harder difficulties, than honestly it's pretty late in the game to join an FC. Extreme trials are puggable. The savage raids aren't that hard anymore because raiders are geared, and FCs have pretty much stopped actively progging them.
    I mean I was mythic raider in WoW. I want to do the raids for challenge not to farm them for stuff. Up to extreme is probably not even going to be a challenge.
    So that leaves me with savages and ultimate.

I know its late to in this expansion but there is influx of new players and maybe some guilds are still doing this. If not, maybe some discord or community that still does them. Or maybe some people quit and guilds are recruiting for new expansion.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I mean I was mythic raider in WoW.
    Extreme mode primals feel pretty much like the easier "heroic" bosses in WoW. Mechanics that matter but really lenient enrage timers and overall quite forgiving.
    The first 2 savage bosses of a given Tier aren't difficult at all. I'd put them analogous to WoW's slightly meaner "Heroic" difficulty bosses. The latter 2 are definitely a step up and comparable to mythic.
    Ultimage I cannot judge, since I've never experienced it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    People say this a lot, but honestly it's not nearly as bad as advertised. You actually see as much or more of a variance in Eden as you do in Sanctum.
    Variance in DPS or class usage?

Both games have similar variantions in DPS between classes, at least that's how I see it when I look at 75th percentiles.
    I think it's ~10% from best to worst in both cases. (FFXIV rDPS / WoW aDPS, as there is no such thing as rDPS).
    But the "top 6 choices" are close to 1% difference in FFXIV and maybe 3-4% in WoW.

I don't think WoW-Mythic even cares *that* much about DPS performance. You are looking at and for utility and situational DPS/Burst DPS.

In FFXIV, all you have to do is to beat the enrage timer.
    The really difficult mechanics which take some time to learn are usually not skip-able with DPS... so it really doesn't matter as long as you beat the enrage timer.
    In WoW, you can skip parts of a battle by simply bursting something down so fast or you can use damage reduce abilities to make them much easier, that's why you stack a specific class most of the time. Like Hunters for the Generals etc.

FFXIV doesn't have that, which is, I'm assuming, why classes really don't matter other than the distribution of healers/tanks/melee/range for raid mechanics and consistency. Getting a good rDPS percentile with the class you are playing is way more important than the class you play itself.
    That's probably why world-first setups have whatever the good/tenacious players play at that point in time, the last 30 seconds of most boss fights are simple spank&tanks anyway because they do some minor damage cast 3 times before they unleash their wipe mechanic.
    (See E12S/1 and E12S/2 for example. But really, it's pretty much every fight)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-10-10 at 09:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    But you did it to have the memories

- - - Updated - - -

So i got around to finishing the Shared Fates and getting all my Trusts to lvl.80 to have finished everything in Shadowbringers and i need to check but i think they really buffed trust xp rates. It used to be like 4-5 runs per dungeon to level one up but one run of the Mines and one of Mt.Gulg got my last three from fresh 78's to 80. I was honestly prepared for up to ten monotonous dungeon runs with snail npcs.

Now i guess i just grab the levelling gear for Sage and Reaper and keep hawking ingots and furniture for easy gil but this is easily the most done with an expansion i've been before the next one hits.

With 40 days left maybe i'll go back and finally finish Pyros.
    Pyros was awful, but it's pretty active right now. Finishing Eureka is probably a good idea, because it likely won't be this active again until the end of Endwalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    FFXIV doesn't have that
    Last time I checked, you can skip quite a few mechanics in XIV via DPS but in current content that usually doesn't happen much anymore because they balanced differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Last time I checked, you can skip quite a few mechanics in XIV via DPS but in current content that usually doesn't happen much anymore because they balanced differently.
    Well, the fastest kill in E12S still has lions in it and after lions, the fight is basically over even if you kill the boss 1 minutes later.
    E12S/2 has the 3rd and last variant of that one mechanic (I forgot the name) in it as well, after that it's "stack and deal damage and heal"

Skipping a mechanic means little when that mechanic is void of any challenge.

And first clearers won't skip anything of importance until they outgear it completely.
    And these skips are more reliant on how well your healers/tanks do DPS than your DPS having the "correct" class. So the class balance is even less important for DPS classes than it already is in a vacuum
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-10-10 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    And first clearers won't skip anything of importance until they outgear it completely.
    Wasn't that true in WoW as well? I'm sure some guilds could do freak setups to cheese encounters like Spine back in the day but for most folks mechanics happened till they outgeared stuff to a significant degree. I always felt that Heroism/Bloodlust was the main difference, where the raid had a button to accelerate difficult phases.

Naturally you can't really pass the big things that are hardcoded in both games. At least not while content is current.

BTW in both Mythic and Savage, I always felt that doing the mechanics cleanly w/o dying was infinitely more important than being a DPS ace. Though I never raided hardcore world first. Typically my folks were already overgeared during progress because we were a bit slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Wasn't that true in WoW as well? I'm sure some guilds could do freak setups to cheese encounters like Spine back in the day but for most folks mechanics happened till they outgeared stuff to a significant degree. I always felt that Heroism/Bloodlust was the main difference, where the raid had a button to accelerate difficult phases.

Naturally you can't really pass the big things that are hardcoded in both games. At least not while content is current.

BTW in both Mythic and Savage, I always felt that doing the mechanics cleanly w/o dying was infinitely more important than being a DPS ace. Though I never raided hardcore world first. Typically my folks were already overgeared during progress because we were a bit slow.
    As mentioned earlier, in WoW it's not about the mechanic happening or avoiding it - they can counter the mechanic by picking a certain class.
    You can't really do that in FFXIV. The only thing there is is the 20% dmg reduce from physical-ranged class but the boss-mechanics usually kill you instantly if you get hit, so the dmg reduce is useless *most* of the time. Sometimes it matters but most of the time, it doesn't.

E8S add-phase is a joke compared to what adds do in WoW during encounters, for example.
    In WoW, you'd pick classes that burst these things down in an instant instead of using ramp-up classes.
    In FFXIV, you can use the SMN just fine - it really doesn't matter.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-10-10 at 10:13 PM.

Oh man, that 535 relic grind was brutal. Even with some of the worst parts being one-time only I don't know if I have it in me to do it for any other jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    7 Delubrum, 12 lvl 70 instances and i have all weapons finished

Saw this yesterday for anyone who's been struggling with tab targeting.

"We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Saw this yesterday for anyone who's been struggling with tab targeting.

I tried this and while it's great in combat, it makes targeting enemies that you WANT to bring into combat impossible, like picking up adds and stuff that aren't yet aggroed. I had to change it back.

Next Treasure Trove and what will be available and whatnot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Next Treasure Trove and what will be available and whatnot.

Exchangeable Items/Tomestones Required

Inferno Jacket

Auspicious Kamuy Fife

Dark Lanner Whistle

Modern Aesthetics - Styled for Hire

Battle Orchestrion Roll

Ostensibly Special Timeworn Mapx 2

Ala Mhigan Barding

Drake Horn

Laurel Goobbue Horn

Elbst Horn

Bomb Palanquin Horn

Direwolf Whistle

Xanthos Whistle

Enbarr Whistle

MGP Platinum Card

Tree Slice Tower

Botanist's Dried Herbs

Steppe Kitchen

Marimo Lamp

Fat Cat Sofa

Bonewicca Whisperer's Mask

Bonewicca Whisperer's Jacket

Bonewicca Whisperer's Gauntlets

Bonewicca Whisperer's Sarouel

Bonewicca Whisperer's Greaves

Middle La Noscea Riding Map*1

Lower La Noscea Riding Map*1

Eastern La Noscea Riding Map*1

Western La Noscea Riding Map*1

Upper La Noscea Riding Map*1

Outer La Noscea Riding Map*1

Central Shroud Riding Map*1

East Shroud Riding Map*1

South Shroud Riding Map*1

North Shroud Riding Map*1

Western Thanalan Riding Map*1

Central Thanalan Riding Map*1

Eastern Thanalan Riding Map*1

Southern Thanalan Riding Map*1

Northern Thanalan Riding Map*1

Coerthas Central Highlands Riding Map*1

Mor Dhona Riding Map*1

Griffin Hatchling

Aurelia Polyp

Hrodric Poisontongue Card*2

Diabolos Hollow Card*3

Shinryu Card*4

Flibbertigibbet Orchestrion Roll

Piece of Mind Orchestrion Roll

Magicked Prism (Job Mastery)x 10
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I tried this and while it's great in combat, it makes targeting enemies that you WANT to bring into combat impossible, like picking up adds and stuff that aren't yet aggroed. I had to change it back.
    I ran into that myself in dungeons yesterday, but I have to weigh that against trying to tab target and cycling through half a dozen mobs to get to the one I want while also getting things way off in the distance even with the cone setting. I was already having to manually click on targets due to the way it was, so I'm going to keep with it for now and see if it's an adjustment period. It may be I need to tweak the filters a bit. I noticed there's a default target closest enemy macro in the game, but that doesn't solve the issue either. I don't understand why it's so challenging to get WoW style tab targeting.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Anyone knows if there's a reason every Astro plays in regen aspect? I'm thinking about checking the class out myself, then I'd have all healers. I seem to recall to once have heard that one should play shield with WHM and regen with SCH in larger groups. But every single Astro always plays in regen aspect, even when I'm on the WHM in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Because the regen is just so much more throughput.

Using shields when paired with a WHM is technically optimal, 90% of the time it doesn't matter and 9% of the time it's still nice to have the extra throughput versus the EH from the shields, especially if you don't know a fight really well.
    Thanks! Then I'll probably stick to it as well.

Treasure Troves are like Steam sales. The first one is amazing and they lose a bit of value each time they come around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Treasure Troves are like Steam sales. The first one is amazing and they lose a bit of value each time they come around.
    I always enjoy getting the extreme trial mounts.
    I like that you get one cool extra mount from collecting them all.

I can't really solo Stormblood stuff yet and who knows if they will be at all. Some of the heavensward fights were a challenge.

But, otherwise i understand. First time around theres more stuff to get. Once you got it, the following ones are just bits.