Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yup those small things are what we're looking for; the simple things done right.

It marks the expansion finally leaving beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crix View Post
    It does but a lot of nice weapons are locked behind content that has been reintroduced into the game. Don't get me wrong I'm not gonna quit over it on some weird principle just seems like a waste. I would also roll it into all timewalking events. Twice a year seems to rare.
    With the amount of effort they're putting into this TW event it's possible it reflects a desire from Blizzard to lean more on TW events to fill in the gaps in between content patches (ie, more frequency). That's just a wild guess though, so time will tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    im trying not to expect too much, im just really wanting/looking forward to the covenant changes, customizations and alt-friendliness

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    what hype? everyone i know isn't interested until atleast 9.2.
    y, thought the same. i simply not saw any that hyped persons. so i do not really know what OP is exactly talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    Yup those small things are what we're looking for; the simple things done right.

It marks the expansion finally leaving beta.
    ooomph, while you are totally right imo, that was really a bad bad blow below the belt, sarcasm wise. you bad bad boy/girl/diff!

I hope the title of this thread is being addressed to Blizzard. What are they expecting out it?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I hope the title of this thread is being addressed to Blizzard. What are they expecting out it?
    I'd wager that they want to stem the bleeding of subs, in principle. It remains to be seen whether they will succeed or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Hype? No one is hyping this patch. I've seen plenty of relief with all the QoL updates, but that's about it.
    This, no one not even Blizzard are hyping this patch because it is a x.x.5 patch. These are not content patches, they are not massive patches. They are essentially balance/QoL patches. People crying about lack of content in them either A) Are stupid in what this kind of patch has been (even in legion the .5 patch didn't add content, the raids were already in the game from the previous patch, it was just unlocked at a similar time) or B) Just looking for another excuse to bitch at.

I was already subbed, thought the new customization options looked pretty good, too bad alliance is a dead faction if you want to do any high level stuff.
    This recent censorship bout has made me want to unsub though, so I'll likely let my sub expire, can't stand censorship, and I don't want to be turned into a bowl of fruit for being female.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SynDethroc View Post
    Legion Timewalking and the Mage Tower return, for sure. Also the new Nightborne customizations!
    Get hype to run poorly scaled versions of old dungeons nobody thinks fondly of today. Who is nostalgic for skyreach, the train dungeon or whatever else there was by the end?
    Mage tower's not returning. Time erodes challenge and there's nothing worth the nominal effort now
    Wrath baby and proud of it

I am really looking forward to the Legion timewalking, and it seems a good opportunity to catch up my alts which I leveled for the covenant campaigns but haven't done anything else with since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Only thing i am looking forward to is that i can finally wear my necrolord transmog i grinded for at the beginning of SL but never could wear as i went another covenant directly after i got it.

Sometimes important QOL changes are better than new content, and there are a lot of good QOL changes coming with 9.1.5.

The free covenant swapping option alone is sensational, and will greatly increase my enjoyment of the game, and Legion timewalking (the initial test of old content being relevant and challenging at current expansion) is very, very exciting. I'm hoping for the mythic+ dungeon pool to include amazing dungeons from previous expansions (instead of just 8-10 current ones) by next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I expect that everything that has been making me uncomfortable for the last 14 years will be removed from the game.
    And for me, comfortable things the last 16 years will be removed from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The mount you get from doing all 7 of the challenges looks pretty sweet. So does the Legion Werebear. Legion Timewalking M+ looks pretty interesting too.
    Far in there, like really far, like so deep in there, you enjoyed Legion.

Legion stuff ftw!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-10-10 at 03:18 PM.

The same things I got for 7.1.5 and 8.1.5 (minus the 2 boss raid no one cared about)

I mean 9.1.5 is 99.9% quality of life changes players were demanding during Shadowlands beta. It will have 0.1% of content on top of that, but that's about it. Anyone bored by Shadowlands and not playing at the moment for sure won't come back for a patch that's only fixing stuff Blizzard deliberately left unfixed for an entire year.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Far in there, like really far, like so deep in there, you enjoyed Legion.

Legion stuff ftw!
    Hey man, I never said I hated everything about Legion. I'm perfectly fine with Blizzard bringing back the stuff that didn't suck about it. :-)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I keep seeing 9.1.5 being hyped up to huge levels but... looking at whats included in 9.1.5 I feel I'm either missing something or people have no idea what is included in 9.1.5. It seems to be a fairly small patch, with a small handful of QOL changes, and a return of the mage tower... which you'll be able to do one week every 4 or 5 months.

So what, exactly, are people seemingly expecting out of this patch? I'm not even calling it a bad patch, its just doesnt look that major.
    9.2 to be announced.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Get hype to run poorly scaled versions of old dungeons nobody thinks fondly of today. Who is nostalgic for skyreach, the train dungeon or whatever else there was by the end?
    Mage tower's not returning. Time erodes challenge and there's nothing worth the nominal effort now
    What are you talking about? Legion dungeons were some of the absolute best. Also, the Mage Tower IS making a return, and I'm getting a sick new warlock transmog out of it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I expect that everything that has been making me uncomfortable for the last 14 years will be removed from the game.
    Too bad that won’t include the wasted storytelling and Systems+™.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Hey man, I never said I hated everything about Legion. I'm perfectly fine with Blizzard bringing back the stuff that didn't suck about it. :-)
    Hoho, almost worthy of a signature

Nah, like everything, it had ups and downs. For some it had lots of ups and few downs, other opposite. I am thrilled for the mythic + TW myself, with my favorite dungeon in game coming back being relevant, Court of Stars