Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    D3 > D2 in literally every single aspect.
    Even the god awful story?

7+ Year Old Account
    Grim Dawn shits on everything.

Then you mod it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Grim Dawn is imo a great game. I dont quit enjoy PoE, its to complex. Also I found Torchlight 2 to be fun enough. Van Helsing is also an option, but havent tried last epoch...And what was that other game....
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You mean D3 in 2012? Cause that one was far better than D2.
    You wish

Wow, so many people think that D3 is so much better. I'm assuming those people have never played D2 much, because D3 is utter garbage. Regurgitated pigshit. D2 is real gaming. Not the hand holding for pussy game journalists. Yeah, some outdated systems, but such a grand game overall. Game of the decade? game of the fucking century.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2021-10-10 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    You wish
    If you think D2 is the better game, I mean that is like your opinion, man. Not one many people are going to share either. D2 was fine for its time but even remastered you can feel how outdated of a game it is compared to the standards in the genre now.

If you think D2 is the better game, I mean that is like your opinion, man. Not one many people are going to share either. D2 was fine for its time but even remastered you can feel how outdated of a game it is compared to the standards in the genre now.
    Sure, as I say, some systems are outdated. I'm a purist, so I feel they shouldn't be changed, but they are outdated. However, I still remember being completely disappointed with D3. They did away with the power fantasy. They did away with ilvl areas, they did away with creativity (completely).

In D3 you're just chasing the set items of the current meta. I can't imagine anything more boring than that. In D2 you can make melee sorceresses, you can make crushing blow pallies, you can make an immortal sorceress, you can dual ele spec them, you can do whatever you want. In D3 there is only meta, which you can only get through rifts, which is literally your only endgame. It's absolutely pathetic.

Sure, as I say, some systems are outdated. I'm a purist, so I feel they shouldn't be changed, but they are outdated. However, I still remember being completely disappointed with D3. They did away with the power fantasy. They did away with ilvl areas, they did away with creativity (completely).

In D3 you're just chasing the set items of the current meta. I can't imagine anything more boring than that. In D2 you can make melee sorceresses, you can make crushing blow pallies, you can make an immortal sorceress, you can dual ele spec them, you can do whatever you want. In D3 there is only meta, which you can only get through rifts, which is literally your only endgame. It's absolutely pathetic.
    I mean early D3 wasn't really chasing item sets for the 'meta'. That happened more with seasonal play for sure, but I got hundreds of hours out of playing each season so it appealed to me. If you didn't care about the leaderboard you could do many different types of builds and as later seasons came in they introduced a few varied methods for keeping things fresh enough.

D2 when it was new long ago was a good game, but it's flaws were apparent even back then as you did harder modes in the game.

D2 when it was new long ago was a good game, but it's flaws were apparent even back then as you did harder modes in the game.
    Like?

/chars

You wish

Wow, so many people think that D3 is so much better. I'm assuming those people have never played D2 much, because D3 is utter garbage. Regurgitated pigshit. D2 two is real gaming. Not the hand holding for pussy game journalists. Yeah, some outdated systems, but such a grand game overall. Game of the decade? game of the fucking century.
    Wow, so many people think that D2 is so much better. I'm assuming those people have never played D3 much, because D2 is utter garbage (compared to D2). 20+ year old pigshit. D3 three (not sure why you think there is a D2 two) is real gaming. Not the hand holding for pussy game journalists. Yeah, some outdated systems, but such a grand game overall. Game of the decade? game of the fucking century

Crazy how people can have opinions that differ from yours, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Wow, so many people think that D2 is so much better. I'm assuming those people have never played D3 much, because D2 is utter garbage (compared to D2). 20+ year old pigshit. D3 three (not sure why you think there is a D2 two) is real gaming. Not the hand holding for pussy game journalists. Yeah, some outdated systems, but such a grand game overall. Game of the decade? game of the fucking century

Crazy how people can have opinions that differ from yours, isn't it?
    I'm just stirring shit. I'll correct the typo. I'm tired, it happens.

Like?

/chars
    Unbreakable immunities come to mind. There is currently a bug that "fixes" this, but if you're a solo player immunities make the game hell.

Like?

/chars
    Do you really not know the flaws of this game after this long? It isn't like they are new.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Unbreakable immunities come to mind. There is currently a bug that "fixes" this, but if you're a solo player immunities make the game hell.
    That's design and to be honest, that's some fucking good design too. You're not supposed to kill them, you're supposed to fight through hell (what's in a name) without getting your ass handed to you. My advice would be, ignore them.

That's design and to be honest, that's some fucking good design too. You're not supposed to kill them, you're supposed to fight through hell (what's in a name) without getting your ass handed to you. My advice would be, ignore them.
    It would be fine if there wasn't immunities on things you HAVE to kill.

It would be fine if there wasn't immunities on things you HAVE to kill.
    And that's where the multiplayer aspect comes in, or your merc, or simply, your gear. That's why it's a power fantasy, you're supposed to get wrecked, then farm up, return and take revenge.

Last Epoch and Grim Dawn are both better games

And that's where the multiplayer aspect comes in, or your merc, or simply, your gear. That's why it's a power fantasy, you're supposed to get wrecked, then farm up, return and take revenge.
    Eh, as someone who played it then, and plays it now, not being able to break the immunity except under certain circumstances is bad game design imo, that's why things like elemental immunities were removed in wow after like TBC.

If you could break them through gear in a reasonable way sure, like the bug now, it's much more fine now when it's bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorned View Post
    I don't know Last Epoch, but Grim Dawn is a nice try but entirely inferior. They even tried to make a mod that recreates D2 and it was a snore-fest.

Eh, as someone who played it then, and plays it now, not being able to break the immunity except under certain circumstances is bad game design imo, that's why things like elemental immunities were removed in wow after like TBC.

If you could break them through gear in a reasonable way sure, like the bug now, it's much more fine now when it's bugged.
    That's up to you, but there are ways to break the resistances, like a lower resist item, or building lower resist gear (conviction aura for example) and removing that from the game would also reduce the need for several different builds. They are part of the game and several systems depend on them. In my opinion, it's absolutely good game design.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2021-10-10 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorned View Post
    I like Last Epoch and D3, and both are way better than D2 IMO.

D2 was great in its day, but that was 20 years ago, its time to move on.

I really enjoyed PoE for a while, but its just to hideously complex, and the amount of clicking in PoE is off the charts insane.

I haven't played much of the ARPG games the past decade, and I wasn't a big fan of POE. I think at the point I tried it out there was just too much all at once. I actually liked D3 more than POE.

While I love D2, its gameplay is just outdated. I do have to laugh at anyone saying that D3 is better though.