Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    You said "every player" in the question I was answering...

This isn't a pivot in my argument, this is the point I've been making since I came into this thread.
    Bro, you cant even keep your shit straight..

Yes that's what pay-2-win is, you're paying to have an advantage over people who haven't paid.
    You can do this right now in WoW. Youre delussional if you think otherwise. If you wernt so blind, youd realize that youre making the argument that WoW is p2w, but somehow youre on the opposite side lmao
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2021-10-10 at 11:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Ohhhhh turning warmode off means the lvl boosted player doesnt have a power advantage. Got it.
    I have already told you that level boosts are paying to win. That advantage though is inherent to the level system. A player that plays 24 hours in a week (and focuses on leveling) will be higher then a player that only plays 8 hours. Being a higher level is an advantage to the system. A boost is buying power for that reason even if it is an acceptable form of pay to win because it isn't relevant to end-game.

Using the advantage of levels in PvP is silly though.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be you. Dhrizzle has been defining P2W in that correct manner and using it as the basis of their argument the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    That would be you. Dhrizzle has been defining P2W in that correct manner and using it as the basis of their argument the entire time.
    Right:

Yes that's what pay-2-win is, you're paying to have an advantage over people who haven't paid.
    Exactly what you can do in WoW

You can do this right now in WoW. Youre delussional if you think otherwise.
    Twice now you have quoted one of my posts and deliberately left out half of it.

Yes that's what pay-2-win is, you're paying to have an advantage over people who haven't paid. If there are people who haven't paid who you can't get an advantage over with your money then it isn't pay-2-win.
    Why bother, do you think I wouldn't noticed you were changing my argument by editing my words?

Pay to Win is when a player can gain an advantage/benefit that is either exclusive to those paying real money or would take so long for all non-paying players to earn in-game as to no longer be relevant.
    That is not how WoW works.
    I have enough gold to buy a carry in any content, never purchased a token with my CC.
    Plenty of people clear raids and M+ without ever pulling out their CC.
    Top PvP players are doing the same, no CC needed.
    Level boosts are never sold until well after players have had time to earn max level in current content.
    Oh no! Someone is max level in an expansion that ends in 3 months! Or 10-12 levels below cap in an expansion where plenty of people started in the same or better positions by simply playing the previous expansion.
    Last edited by Mokrath; 2021-10-11 at 12:03 AM. Reason: clarified definition of p2w

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly what you can do in WoW
    You should probably go conduct some research on what constitutes an actual advantage...

Twice now you have quoted one of my posts and deliberately left out half of it.

Why bother, do you think I wouldn't noticed you were changing my argument by editing my words?
    Its cute that you think the rest of your quote helps your point, when it doesnt. Unless you think you can gain a time advantage without paying money, but I already know youre delusional, so I wouldnt be surprised if you do.

Also, Im not changing your words lol. Im direct quoting you.. it just so happens to not back up your point in any way and kinda makes you look foolish lol.

- - - Updated - - -

You should probably go conduct some research on what constitutes an actual advantage...
    Research? Lmao, I dont think the definition of a word requires "research" lol. Spending real money to spend less time to accomplish something, is by definition an advantage...

re·search
    the systematic investigation into and study of materials and sources in order to establish facts and reach new conclusions.

ad·van·tage
    a condition or circumstance that puts one in a favorable or superior position.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokrath View Post
    Pay to Win is when a player can gain an advantage/benefit that is either exclusive to those paying real money or would take so long to earn in-game as to no longer be relevant.
    That is not how WoW works.
    I have enough gold to buy a carry in any content, never purchased a token with my CC.
    Plenty of people clear raids and M+ without ever pulling out their CC.
    Top PvP players are doing the same, no CC needed.
    Level boosts are never sold until well after players have had time to earn max level in current content.
    Oh no! Someone is max level in an expansion that ends in 3 months! Or 10-12 levels below cap in an expansion where plenty of people started in the same or better positions by simply playing the previous expansion.
    My man, a lot of people buying carries, arent able to get gladiator or clear mythic raids on their own, so it fits in perfectly with: would take so long to earn in-game as to no longer be relevant.

Also, how much gold you have personally, is entirely irrelevant.. No one cares if you have enough money to not buy a token, the fact remains, tokens are sold and that gold buys carries.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2021-10-11 at 12:00 AM.

My man, a lot of people buying carries, arent able to get gladiator or clear mythic raids on their own, so it fits in perfectly with: would take so long to earn in-game as to no longer be relevant.
    Sorry, forgot to include "would take so long for all non-paying players to earn..."
    Just because everyone can't clear content on the merits of their own skill doesn't make a raid/M+/PvP carry p2w. Plenty of others can and do clear it without a carry every season, patch and expansion.
    Last edited by Mokrath; 2021-10-11 at 12:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Expansions are the ultimate p2w feature. For £30-40 I get access to 10 levels and content with better gear. No-one can match my character's power unless they pay the same.
    This hyperbole is really really really dumb. When you pay for the expansion, do you immediately hit level cap? Do you get given millions of gold in your bank? Do you have all of the best gear and every expansion mount? No?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    complains about 3rd party goldselling while defending Blizzards token. Nice. How can you call that cancer and not the token?
    Because people don't understand the concept of gold buying being bad no matter who does it. They believe that as long as Blizzard is doing it, it must be fine.

Cutting Edge carries? Bad if you pay a Chinese company to do it.

Cutting Edge carries? Good if you buy a WoW token and pay a Chinese gold farmer to carry you!

That extra step makes it TOTALLY not the same thing.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mokrath View Post
    Just because everyone can't clear content on the merits of their own skill doesn't make a raid/M+/PvP carry p2w. Plenty of others can and do clear it without a carry every season, patch and expansion.
    Right, but when you buy a token to buy a carry it becomes p2w . I dont think buying carries with farmed/earned gold is p2w.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Cutting Edge carries? Bad if you pay a Chinese company to do it. Cutting Edge carries? Good if you buy a WoW token and pay a Chinese gold farmer to carry you! That extra step makes it TOTALLY not the same thing.
    The difference between a Blizzard approved and a non-Blizzard approved is one is against the TOS and one is not. Things that are not approved by the TOS/EULA are bad. The extra step does make all the difference, why wouldn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Right, but when you buy a token to buy a carry it becomes p2w . I dont think buying carries with farmed/earned gold is p2w.
    But it is the same action, same gold. When you buy a token someone else farmed/earned that gold. You are just paying for their effort and not for whatever it is you do with the gold.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But it is the same action, same gold. When you buy a token someone else farmed/earned that gold. You are just paying for their effort and not for whatever it is you do with the gold.
    Nope, youre buying the gold. Who gives it to you is irrelevant.

I'm entertained this thread is still going.

I still say since there's no agreed upon definition of P2W if you say something is P2W then you're right, for you
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are bunch of fun definitions: https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...erm=pay-to-win

Here is another one that even directly references WoW: https://alternateimage.net/gaming/20...o-win-defined/

Here are bunch of fun definitions: https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...erm=pay-to-win

Here is another one that even directly references WoW: https://alternateimage.net/gaming/20...o-win-defined/
    Glad youve fully "researched" the subject and have also provided irrefutable sources.

Too bad that your own source betrays you:
    Pay to Win is a situation in gaming (usually MMOs or Massively Multiplayer Online games) where companies allow you to buy items or advantages with real money that cannot be obtained normally by playing the game.

An exception to the rule is that if an item/advantage can be obtained in-game but the acquisition time is unreasonably long, that can also be considered Pay to Win.

Pay To Win AKA P2W. when you are paying for advantage which normal players don't have access to unless they either pay too or will have to grind very long (weeks and months).

When you can pay real money to gain advantage in a game.

A person who pays, for a benefit in a game.
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...-to-win&page=3

The bolded parts can easily be applied to buying Glad or Cutting Edge.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2021-10-11 at 02:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which you still can't directly purchase, but nice try. You can't avoid the full grind for anything that takes those weeks or month to acquire. You can't bypass running the dungeons/raids/arenas. You of course can't ever get access to any content that is not attainable in the game itself that provides any gameplay advantage. Only mount and pet collectors can reasonably bitch about the shop offering anything that cannot be attained in game. Glad to see you still pick and choose and ignore all the other fine examples offered by both my links so you can more readily misconstrue the info and continue acting like a dick.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, youre buying the gold. Who gives it to you is irrelevant.
    So what you do with the gold is relevant, but not where the gold comes from? Again you state it is not pay to win. You buy gold, not the win. If where the gold comes from is not relevant then what you do with the gold is not relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So what you do with the gold is relevant, but not where the gold comes from? Again you state it is not pay to win. You buy gold, not the win. If where the gold comes from is not relevant then what you do with the gold is not relevant.
    You buy advantages with the gold that you buy with real money from blizzard, which makes buying the gold p2w. I dont understand your confusion.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2021-10-11 at 03:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You buy advantages with the gold that you buy with real money from blizzard, which makes buying the gold p2w. I dont understand your confusion.
    But only if they buy advantages. What if they don't? How do you tell if the token is pay to win or not when you don't know what the gold is spent on at the time of the transaction? Buying gold is not a win. This isn't a wealth simulator. Stop adding additional layers to it just you can call it something it clearly is not.