Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    That's kind of to be expected on a game with a 17 year life-span, with the genre not being as popular as it was, with a lot of other options, no?
    In which case, the OP thinking about coming back likely won't be happy to have returned, for the same reasons.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    In which case, the OP thinking about coming back likely won't be happy to have returned, for the same reasons.
    Because you happen to know precisely why he left in the first place, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Because you happen to know precisely why he left in the first place, right?
    No, I'm just assuming he's not too unlike the average player who left who, by hulkgor's hypothesis, did so because of the reasons he listed.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

This thread is wild. If people just said what a returning player has available to them, it'd be like 2 pages long (assuming trolling).

The meta discussion is nonsense.

If only people would just state what exactly they like or dislike about the current game, then the OP would have all the info they need. Instead its some bs meta discussion about whether or not the people vocalising their opinions are acting in true faith, or trolling. Im with moana. Just state your experience, whether good or bad, and let the OP decide based on it. At the very least they'll have something to work with.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-10-10 at 04:12 PM.

No, I'm just assuming he's not too unlike the average player who left who, by hulkgor's hypothesis, did so because of the reasons he listed.
    People stop playing for various reasons. Lack of time, game quality decline, other games\interests. And not all quit permanently, some play the current content, then stop until further content drops or expansions.

Hence why i said, if the game interests you, give it a check yourself, try it out.

Never or wait until 9.1.5

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No, it isn't worth it at all.
    That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard to say to someone. Especially when this xpac is super fun. Never tell someone not to try something just cause..."you" do not like it. Everyone I know loves it and we are mythic raiders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Honestly never as the game sucks donkey balls right now and supporting blizzard is also a no no atm.
    And yet the 44mil players they have currently will tell you otherwise. They literally released a statement with how many people are playing.

The only people on here sprouting this nonsense about wow dying are in the minority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    As others have said, literally never. Wait for 10.0 and see if they manage to salvage this turd called WoW.
    You mean the 44mil player turd? That one. Blizz released a post and in it they stared how many current players they have. No toons or subs but players.

- - - Updated - - -

They are a less biased sample, because they comprise almost all people who have ever played the game. A randomly selected at-one-time player is more likely to be like them than to be like a diehard still playing the game.
    That is the single most dumb thing I have ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I'm sorry you don't understand basic statistical concepts.

Probably just before 9.2 if you really want to play, but honestly I wouldn't bother.

If you quit before, I doubt a slightly different elf face will be enough to keep you entertained.

Never. Save your time and money. Warcraft is dead.

And yet the 44mil players they have currently will tell you otherwise. They literally released a statement with how many people are playing.
    Mind tossing a link for that 4.4mil player thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartnathanos View Post
    BFA leveling/exploration was great.
    you know what? You are right. As long as you ignore the main story line and the war campaign, BfA leveling was actually enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't one.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard to say to someone. Especially when this xpac is super fun. Never tell someone not to try something just cause..."you" do not like it. Everyone I know loves it and we are mythic raiders.

- - - Updated - - -

The only people on here sprouting this nonsense about wow dying are in the minority.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the 44mil player turd? That one. Blizz released a post and in it they stared how many current players they have. No toons or subs but players.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to be totally clear - you think wow currently has 44,000,000 players?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    Mind tossing a link for that 4.4mil player thing?
    44million. Not four million and four hundred thousand, but 44,000,000 players.

i dont know what is even worse?

1)
    asking other ppls in an internet forum if something is worth to do. its like asking someone on the street, if eating some pizza is worth a few dollars. i assume 99% will answer something like „if you like pizza“. hell, its taste. you can not ask others if you like something or not. so asking someone else about your own taste is a good candidate number 1 for being „the worst“.

2)
    but lets look at candidate number 2: 90% of the answers in this thread. like fresh fucked squirells they came out of every corner to tell OP what their great advice is. „Do not play SL! Its not worth!“ or „Play it now! Bc its best xpac, cause of xyz“. Cheesus Christ. Are you all really in THAT need of telling other ppls what YOU think is best or worst on earth? So candidate 2 seems also a great option for being „the worst“.

Now that i have written enough uselss shit that adds nothing at all to all that other great opinions here, i can go back into my cave to meditate about which of the 2 options above will be my personal favorite.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-10-10 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands is one of the worst wow expansions ever made, I wouldn't recommend playing it at all. Especially when you can just play TBC which is objectively better in nearly every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    Wait for 10.0 and see if they manage to salvage this turd called WoW.
    Source?
    Because everyone knows Blizzard crowed loud and proud when WoD hit 10mil.
    Had they hit 44mil and no one knows but you?
    I don't think so.

15+ Year Old Account
    You mean 44 Monthly Active Users across all Blizzard IPs?

WoW certainly doesn't have 44 million players. And neither does Blizzard.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitive...t_half_of_its/

As of 2021 Q2, the entire Blizzard franchise has 26m MAU. That's overwatch, hearthstone, WoW, HOTS, any Diablo game, etc.

And just in case you have no clue how this works, one person can count is multiple MAUs.

If one person logs into WoW, and then Overwatch, and then heroes of the storm, and then hearthstone, that counts as 5 monthly active users. From ONE PERSON.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I don't believe you even for a moment. Way more people hate this expansion than like it. Just because you will worship everything Blizzard spits out doesn't mean everyone else will. Furthermore, WoW absolutely does NOT have 44 million players lmao. We don't know how many active players WoW has right now but it's nowhere near 44mill

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't bother, you're not going to get much return if you only intend to play for a month or so. The majority of the systems are structured to require you to spend at least 2-3 months playing to get caught up just on gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.