Thread: Genshin Impact

There's a new game coming from Mihoyo, a tactical JRPG with elements based combat. Sign-ups for CBT started yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post

There's a new game coming from Mihoyo, a tactical JRPG with elements based combat. Sign-ups for CBT started yesterday.
    Gota milk it before its not possible any more.
    But JPRG type is probaly better on phones as you need less skill and weaker hardware to play it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

So it's basically like Genshin+Final Fantasy?
    Not sure if I like that... it probably means it won't have auto-battles.

Is it a single player game or is it going to be space Genshin?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Is it a single player game or is it going to be space Genshin?
    Well, Genshin is pretty much a single player game with coop that is extremely optional. Very little is known about this game as of yet, it's supposed to be based on dungeons rather than open world, so this alone would make much it different from Genshin. Personally I'm hoping for Genshin's puzzles in decent dungeons (Honkai's "dungeons" are an absolute joke) with good combat. And it's set in Honkai universe, which is more appealing ATM than Genshin.
    I wouldn't expect much coop features, but who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Well, Genshin is pretty much a single player game with coop that is extremely optional. Very little is known about this game as of yet, it's supposed to be based on dungeons rather than open world, so this alone would make much it different from Genshin. Personally I'm hoping for Genshin's puzzles in decent dungeons (Honkai's "dungeons" are an absolute joke) with good combat. And it's set in Honkai universe, which is more appealing ATM than Genshin.
    I wouldn't expect much coop features, but who knows?
    What I mean is is it going to be an actual single player game or is it going to be live service so they can milk tons of money out of players.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    What I mean is is it going to be an actual single player game or is it going to be live service so they can milk tons of money out of players.
    More than likely the latter. I'm pretty sure that's all Mihoyo has ever made.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    More than likely the latter. I'm pretty sure that's all Mihoyo has ever made.
    It's really a shame cause I do like the Genshin story but lately I'm growing disinterested in even logging in. Would be cool to get a game from them you could play fully over the course of a few days.

Kinda funny Xiangling's E ability now has more background and lore to it than most other characters in the game.

I'd beg to differ but it has more background story than other skills. Most characters have hangouts/quests with them, alongside the fluff and lore from their artifact sets and the history panels and some even have ingame books written about them.

Not to mention that characters have lore and background information for other characters.
    Like Amber + Eula etc.

Speaking of which Amber's E has some backstory attached to it as well, but it's "less important" than Gouba.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-10-11 at 04:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok new banners are trash for me. Finaly i have 0 reason to roll on Childe banner

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Ok new banners are trash for me. Finaly i have 0 reason to roll on Childe banner
    Mona is better looking
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

5+ Year Old Account
    Inazuma Noelle looks cool, hope she able to crit.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Inazuma Noelle looks cool, hope she able to crit.
    [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FBZeIbDUcAEJF-o?format=jpg&name=small[G]
    100% crit rate, but crits don't do extra damage *monkey's paw curls*

I hope he is a Geo-DPS unit for once instead of a geo support unit.
    Geo Attackbuffer or something like that would be cool.

Although I'll probably wait for Yae.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were a few days to slow as leakers already kinda told us a week before. Beta will come out soon, so we will know if he is good or if he sucks.

Also new leak:
    New voicelines referring to Shenhe (申鹤) have been added for Xingqiu, Hu Tao, Xiao, Chongyun, Ganyu, and Ningguang.

Probaly this character that was datamined a while ago:

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    He looks kinda cool, and Genshin has definitively been missing a truly dumb, hot-blooded character, but yeah, there's just so many other characters on the horizon that I want to save for instead. Already had to skip Kokomi and, unless he's really fun to play or his story quest really sells his personality, I'm probably going to be skipping him, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    They were a few days to slow as leakers already kinda told us a week before. Beta will come out soon, so we will know if he is good or if he sucks.

Also new leak:
    New voicelines referring to Shenhe (申鹤) have been added for Xingqiu, Hu Tao, Xiao, Chongyun, Ganyu, and Ningguang.

Probaly this character that was datamined a while ago:
    Isn't that one... what's her name again... the the human adepti from the cooking quest with the cooking device.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Isn't that one... what's her name again... the the human adepti from the cooking quest with the cooking device.
    Cloud Retainer. And I think that's only a fan theory thus far, nothing concrete.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Cloud Retainer. And I think that's only a fan theory thus far, nothing concrete.
    Are you for really think that Cloud Retainer would talk about random human? (She just fooled little Ganyu about her secret identity)

“Shenhe” 神鹤 is Chinese for “Divine Crane” and as bonus they have same color palette.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.