Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    So.. what's the likelihood of any actual news today? I know they usually announce stuff on Wednesday/Thursday, but has there been Monday announcements like ever?
    Depends on whether they have found new things to censor and remove.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Depends on whether they have found new things to censor and remove.
    Well, they haven't removed the goblin calendars yet, afaik.

Formerly known as Arafal

Really hoping we'd get something on 9.2 at this point, this is ridiculous.

Really hoping we'd get something on 9.2 at this point, this is ridiculous.
    I'm not expecting any 9.2 news until late November tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I'm not expecting any 9.2 news until late November tbh
    You srs dude?

You srs dude?
    Well, we don't even know if 9.1.5 is releasing this month or not, plus I'd imagine they'd give it a few weeks to breathe after launching, so maybe a month from now we'll hear something if we're lucky.

You srs dude?
    I mean there are two options:

a) we're getting 9.2 news the same day they announce the release date of 9.1.5

b) we're getting 9.2 news (shortly) after 9.1.5 has been released
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

There is also the slim possibility that we get 9.2 news before a definite release date for 9.1.5. Though in fairness that would require there being issues with 9.1.5 that would make giving a release date difficult.

I would absolutely love anything at this point though. News on 9.2 is nice and all, but I really just want all the stuff that is being added or changed for 9.1.5 so I can finish path of ascension and swap my hunter to Night Fae to continue farming cosmetics.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account

Either way, it will be quite a while before we get any 9.2 news.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

A would be the most logic at this point looking at the current situation.. meaning they realy need to get people in again, show us stuff yet to come to make us excited or at least try to. There has been zero effort and looking at blues responding in costumization threads out of nowhere , why not respond to more or throw out some hints of story or what ever..

But if you would ask the playerbase it would be C if that was even an option. Faith has been broken to many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Either way, it will be quite a while before we get any 9.2 news.
    Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker launches November 23. I'd say one or two weeks before that sounds like the most likely timeframe for news regarding 9.2.

I'm not aware how long .x.5 patches stay on the PTR, for 9.0.5 it was like 4 weeks. We're in week 6 now for 9.1.5. In comparison: 8.2.5 spent 7-8 weeks on the PTR so I think 9.1.5 might launch either Oct 19 or 26 (which would be 7-8 weeks of PTR as well). Anything later than that would really result in quite a long PTR for such a minor patch with basically zero new content.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

RIP WoW content. Reckon they'll manage to squeeze in some more censorship and maybe pronouns, though. Always time for that, amirite

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker launches November 23. I'd say one or two weeks before that sounds like the most likely timeframe for news regarding 9.2.

I'm not aware how long .x.5 patches stay on the PTR, for 9.0.5 it was like 4 weeks. We're in week 6 now for 9.1.5. In comparison: 8.2.5 spent 7-8 weeks on the PTR so I think 9.1.5 might launch either Oct 19 or 26 (which would be 7-8 weeks of PTR as well). Anything later than that would really result in quite a long PTR for such a minor patch with basically zero new content.
    Legion/BfA .5 patches were 7-9 weeks on PTR so Oct 26 seems like a good bet

7+ Year Old Account
    The hearthstone promo is out tomorrow, they'll probably want to push out some 9.1.5 news alongside it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The hearthstone promo is out tomorrow, they'll probably want to push out some 9.1.5 news alongside it.
    Wasn't there some WoW cross promotion thingy alongside the new Hearthstone feature?
    Feels like it has been ages since it was mentioned.

RIP WoW content. Reckon they'll manage to squeeze in some more censorship and maybe pronouns, though. Always time for that, amirite
    Saddest thing is that you are probably right! feelsbad

Gotta pat the true target audience for Blizzard games... CHINA!
    Last edited by Menog; 2021-10-11 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It was mentioned by Ion way back in response to why raid bosses were sometimes overtuned or underuned. Specifically in that case why Tomb of Sargeras was such a particularly brutal raid, the reason he gave being that they usually test the last boss internally until they can beat it, then buff the boss to account for a higher level of skill, which meant that as the internal raid team got better they ended up tuning the bosses higher than even the best raiders could manage.
    This was also really just for the final boss should be mentioned, for regular bosses they bank on bugs being picked up by mass player testing on the PTR, which is why the final boss tends to have an above average amount of bugs or cheese strats compared to other bosses.

Now obviously this was way back in Legion, so things could have changed. But the reasoning was good enough that I reckon Blizzard still does that when tuning raids.
    Would be awesome for them to go away from the PTR and expansion betas. Everyone I know playing FF14 loves that they don’t do raid testing and such over there.

Might that work for WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Menog View Post
    Saddest thing is that you are probably right! feelsbad

Gotta pat the true target audience for Blizzard games... CHINA!
    China is not pro-LGBTQTIOJ, California is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Wasn't there some WoW cross promotion thingy alongside the new Hearthstone feature?
    Feels like it has been ages since it was mentioned.
    Ye, that's what im referring to.
    We are getting the cross promo tomorrow with the new HS feature.

Blizz will probably want to post something alongside it for extra attention.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    Would be awesome for them to go away from the PTR and expansion betas. Everyone I know playing FF14 loves that they don’t do raid testing and such over there.

Might that work for WoW?
    Wow raids are too distinct from FFXIV raids that this is realistically feasible.
    In FFXIV raids are mostly a vehicle for endgame storytelling, whereas in wow it's that and also the last major skillcheck.
    FFXIV raids are more or less equivalent to NM raids in WoW, and if that is all we saw in raids then cutting out raidtesring would be perfectly feasible, but since WoW players have higher standards for raid quality as endgame challenges it needs to be made more difficult both in tuning and mechanics.