Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So seasonal servers exist what kind would you like to see?

So classic wow is getting Diablo like seasons. Hopefully they do more to change things up but what are some seasons you would like to see?

Mine are..

Progressive Servers. Kinda see this as an inevitably but like EQ go through phases automatically as either a certain amount of kills on the final boss happen or after a time limit whichever comes first and go all the way through to end of Wrath (kinda feel cata might be a bit difficult to just change to)

Speedrun servers: all phases unlocked automatically first 10 guilds of each faction to kill the final boss of the expansion gets a wow token credited to their account or something.

Burning Vanilla Vanilla wow with all of it's phases but with BC talents, Jewelcrafting, and BC Races(cap still 60)

Wrathful Crusade: Burning Crusade all its phases but with DKs, Wrath Talents, and inscription

Neutralcraft: You may choose your faction regardless of race

Vanilla future strike: Vanilla like versions of Death Knights, Demon Hunters, and Monks made available

All out War: World PVP gives XP, Instances disabled, BGs disabled, killing players adds to a server wide score of Alliance vs Horde. Killing players gives tokens that can be traded for higher and higher gear ala phases.

Yeah some of these ideas are probably bad but I kinda like the idea of changing up classic in weird ways every so often.

15+ Year Old Account
    Um every single one of these suggestions are utter bullshit that would never see the light of day. Every single one of them would be so niche that they would never have any population of them other than for maybe a week if even that.

Mixed factions. Trolls starting in Teldrassil, Gnomes in Tirisfal Glades.

Talent remix season. Some talent trees being experimented with.

World event season. Elemental Invasions, demon invasions, pre-patch invasions, brewfest/halloween several at the same time on rotating, never ending schedules.

Paragon levelling season. Or just no level cap, earning extra talent points and +2 agility, but requiring "raid" or "pvp" exp to level up, as mobs turn grey.

Remixed level ranges/rewards in and from zones. STV being a lv60 zone for real? WPL being where you go as an Undead after Tirisfal Glades?

Hostile environment season. 80% of your own faction city NPC are hostile to you so you need to raid to enter the city, and you take weather damage. Weather is always in effect.

Fog of War season, introducing the "dark"/torch mechanics from alpha. And maybe the alpha layouts for Ironforge/Orgrimmar/Undercity.

idk, if I actually gave this some time and thought I could think up less inane ones.

Ah yes, a Classic (sic) case of being given an inch and taking a mile. I wouldn't imagine we're going to see a whole lot of changes further than what Blizzard themselves outlined with their intent behind the Season of Mastery servers.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Um every single one of these suggestions are utter bullshit that would never see the light of day. Every single one of them would be so niche that they would never have any population of them other than for maybe a week if even that.
    The only ones that would really get anywhere are the 3.3.5 progressing through vanilla content/tbc content/wrath content type servers which are decently popular if the people running it don't fuck up the launch.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Much like Classic tbf... I don't say make like 25 servers of this shit maybe one designated fun server that rotates out once a year or something

I would want increased xp, progression, and potentially the ability to receive rewards in retail. The last would be pets/toys/xmogs. Things like getting a class to 60 in a season gives you a recolored tier 1 or 2 xmog set, or a toy that plays "TOO SOON EXECUTUS!" for killing classic Ragnaros. Relatively small things.

Tauren paladin and dwarf shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Tauren paladin and dwarf shaman
    That would be a great start. #1 probably.

Expert servers. All mobs buffed slightly, more so inside instances. Decreased experience rates and slightly decreased drop rates.

Hard core mode for every toon until 60. Once 60 you can die.
    When in a raid or dungeon you are eligible for loot up until you die. You are not eligible for loot again for that instance until it's cleared or everyone is dead. Not even when the normal loot lock outs expire.
    No world buffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

One that let's me plunder classic for transmog when I'm done with mythic raiding on live.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Hard core mode for every toon until 60. Once 60 you can die.
    When in a raid or dungeon you are eligible for loot up until you die. You are not eligible for loot again for that instance until it's cleared or everyone is dead. Not even when the normal loot lock outs expire.
    No world buffs.
    You would end up with a niche group of people playing it and would likely be a dead server very quickly. Especially as you would have raids that are hard stuck and lose players quickly. While it seems like a good idea, I do not think it would work for an MMO vs a dungeon crawler.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    You would end up with a niche group of people playing it and would likely be a dead server very quickly. Especially as you would have raids that are hard stuck and lose players quickly. While it seems like a good idea, I do not think it would work for an MMO vs a dungeon crawler.
    End of the day there is a decent niche for this niche group...like it wouldn't be an OVERWHELMING success and probably only enough for 3 raid groups but those 3 raid groups would likely be ok with it

I honestly just hope they don´t overdo it with the Raiddifficulty. For me personally, if i want to do challenging Content, i would literally be playing retail.
    All the more casual groups i played with was the most fun. People playing whatever specc they want and nobody had the fear to get kicked from the raid. The moment the content gets too hard for these Guilds, they will have to look at their roster and drama begins. So please Blizzard keep Classic casual and don´t e-sport it!

Instead of seasonal servers they should just let us rent servers from them. In server lists games ala CSGO or Minecraft. The community is way more creative at organising their own content then blizz ever would. And there is endless ideas for concepts as private servers have proven over the years. Give the people the tools to do it on an official platform instead of having to hide their passion for emulation in the shadows.

5+ Year Old Account
    Extended phases
    every month is a new phase
    First month lvl 20, next one 30 etc fresh 60 doesnt have mc but month later with raid patches

yeah right, starting a new toon every time
    weeee, i'm thrilled

Random loot drop off everything XD

Vanilla+.

New talent trees that rebalance the classes and make them more fun. New raids.

Something like this would rock.

https://vanillaplus.org/talents/#/t/2/0-0-0 ( link is an example of new Hunter talent trees )