Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Initially, I thought late Sept or early Oct. Opps...I got that very wrong. Perhaps the simple necessity of the patch accelerated my optimism. But now, I am highly confident either November 23rd or 16th will be the release date of the patch. The former date is the release date of ff14's new xpac Endwalker. Yeah I'm pretty certain it will be one of those dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    How so? If PTR for 9.2 only starts by the end of November, 9.2 won’t be here until March. That would be 8-9 months from 9.1 to 9.2. 6 months is the usual lifespan of a content patch.
    We haven't even seen Mage Tower on the PTR yet. I'd be surprised if we get a 9.2 announcement before 2022 at this rate.

Shadowlands is going to be a 3-4 year expansion.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Shadowlands is going to be a 3-4 year expansion.
    That, most definitely, not going to happen.

What will happen is that 9.2 will be the last major Shadowlands patch and we will have next expansion launch sometime around Dec 2022 give or take a month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That, most definitely, not going to happen.

What will happen is that 9.2 will be the last major Shadowlands patch and we will have next expansion launch sometime around Dec 2022 give or take a month or two.
    Judging by the cadence of this expansion so far I don't think it's possible for them to craft an entire expansion from scratch in 8-12 months, assuming they start working on it around Christmas time or a bit later. It took them 7 months to make Korthia and Sanctum.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Well since it's blizz, it'll take about couple more months to release a patch with zero content, obviously.
    The only answer that would not sound as a disaster is TOMORROW.

When they finally release the next patch we'll have had 3 patches, so maybe that'll be the 9.3.

There is no way SL will be a 3 or even a 4 year expansion, that would cost them too much in lost revenue. It's bad enough if you come between a rich man and his yacht, but don't ever get between a rich man and his money.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they think releasing it at the same time as Endwalker is going to play out the same as in the past, they are in for a big surprise. SL has little content and 9.1.5 doesn't add any new content. Endwalker is a full content release that is the culmination of the current storyline. There is no comparison. I'll be playing FF14 until SL releases some new zones. Even then, I'll just play both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging by the cadence of this expansion so far I don't think it's possible for them to craft an entire expansion from scratch in 8-12 months, assuming they start working on it around Christmas time or a bit later. It took them 7 months to make Korthia and Sanctum.
    They work on new expansions good year plus before they even launch, while they have yet to release content patches for current expansion.

It has always been the case. You can bet that the next expansion is already being worked on.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to have the misconception that the same team working on Patches is working on Expansions.

It's not. There's a dedicated team that does expansions and that team usually starts in on the next one not long after the first one's hotfixes are done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Chungus View Post
    If they think releasing it at the same time as Endwalker is going to play out the same as in the past, they are in for a big surprise. SL has little content and 9.1.5 doesn't add any new content. Endwalker is a full content release that is the culmination of the current storyline. There is no comparison. I'll be playing FF14 until SL releases some new zones. Even then, I'll just play both.
    FF14 will absolutely destroy 9.1.5, there's no content in 9.1.5.

It's why I'm certain that we're going to get 9.2's PTR in November. Even that they probably lose to Endwalker with, but at least it won't be a complete wipeout cedeing months of unopposed airtime to their principal rival.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    They work on new expansions good year plus before they even launch, while they have yet to release content patches for current expansion.

It has always been the case. You can bet that the next expansion is already being worked on.
    Yeah, the rough estimate that's always been given by Blizz is that the 'next' expansion is already being worked on before the 'current' expansion even gets released. You'll even see references to this in some of the recent tweets from employees, where they'll talk about Team 1 or Team 2 with respect to specific content. As such, the 10.0 expansion is certainly already in development, and even 11.0 is probably in the rough planning stage at the minimum.

For some reason, people have it in their heads that the turn-around time on creating content and things in the game is way shorter than it actually is, especially in relation to the bulk of the 9.1.5 changes. Almost everything (aside from the white-washing) proposed for the 9.1.5 patch was well within the standard X.1.5 content model we've seen in the past. While recycling content or reusing assets saves time, it still takes a while to implement even assuming nothing goes wrong. Even seemingly trivial changes to the game can take a lot of time due to foreseen (and unforeseen) interactions. Part of this is due to the size and complexity of the game at this point, part of it is scrapping old systems but leaving them in the game (or repurposing them into new systems), part of it is the office bureaucracy and/or pipeline that everything must follow. Even a minor code tweak likely has to follow a chain of command and get approval before even being implemented, even if it's just changing a few characters, and this all takes time.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Clearly they've been spending too much time and resources pandering to the woke mob instead of actually doing the job we pay a subscription for. They haven't even started Legion timewalking testing yet, or Mage Tower. What a clusterfuck

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    October 26th.

9.2 reveal, November 9th.

9.2 PTR starts, November 23rd.
    Oh my sweet summer child..

9.2 reveal, early March.

9.2 PTR starts, early May.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Oh my sweet summer child..

9.2 reveal, early March.

9.2 PTR starts, early May.
    9.2 reveal, December 2025

9.2 PTR starts, late 2030

Blizzard fall apart, tomorrow

#morecynicalthereforesmarterthanyou

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    9.2 reveal, December 2025

9.2 PTR starts, late 2030

Blizzard fall apart, tomorrow

#morecynicalthereforesmarterthanyou
    ROFL, based.

You're probably more right than the guy you quoted. :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    November 16th, because FFXIV expansion early access starts on the 19th.

They'll want people to resub for a couple of days and pay for a whole month...
    this it will be on or near the end walker date
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably late October - early November.
    No one's mentioning that Legion TW is likely to be the week of November 23rd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steellz View Post
    Might just be me, but i think it should of been released by now, seems like a pretty minor patch. I'm hoping for a release this month but something tells me it wont happen until Nov. I just want to play and gear alts with better ease and try out quick swapping for covenants.

What are your predictions?
    Some time AFTER renown 80, but before Christmas.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Probably late October - early November.
    No one's mentioning that Legion TW is likely to be the week of November 23rd.
    Legion TW will be 2 week event on launch before it will go into regular rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    actually doing the job we pay a subscription for.
    Simplified. Correct answer.

There is quite a bit of noise and over complication of matters going on. Which is tampering with a product. I don't understand these actions with tampering that are transpiring. (It's not sarcasm either)

It's like a car (any other product. Just using as an example.).. let's say a customer/consumer wants a old vehicle. A 1972 Mustang. Well most buyers would probably like the original product, with original parts and seek it out. (Most desirable) If that consumer wants to make modifications to the vehicle after they have purchased it. Well then that is really up to the buyer. The person selling the vehicle (product) wouldn't sit there and give lectures in mannerisms to the customer/buyer. As this has nothing to do with the actual product. If anything it would probably have them turning the other way.

Simplified it's a product. Yet it's being treated like it isn't one. (For the customers/consumers/buyer) Which makes the situation incredibly awkward. Which makes me feel like this isn't even a real business move, (whatever this is?) which makes me have problems grasping the situation.

If they want to make some type of statement within the company or be "progressive".
    - Offer more opportunities to everyone (I mean everyone),
    - Possible pay raises.
    - Equal pay.
    - Work training. (as people state there was issues there) In reality they have probably already been put through this.
    - Outlet for people to communicate there concerns with safely. (Which I heard they implemented this)
    - Type of bonus even if it is a small one. To show the employees they are valued and appreciate they have stuck through such stressful times. Lift some morale there. (genuine about this)

Most definitely not subject the customer to any of this. Are people getting how bizarre that sounds? How many businesses would never even think of doing something like this to a customer or a seller for a product in general. Not logical.

"Well common this isn't just a product." The core it is, something they are trying to sell. I would agree it is more like a production of art. (Not everyone feels this way, but I lean more towards this) Ok well a lot of people don't like art censored it is violation of artistic freedom and again most importantly they are trying to sell it to us. Which we keep asking the company to politely stop. Some customers are a tad more aggressive about this. I agree with this person that I would just like to see what the current team can offer and look to the future.