Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Never said it did
    Right, so, why is it necessary?

Before you say you never said it was necessary (I know) - you /did/ say how people that are bothered by this are the problem. No, they are not.

Most of us who are bothered by these changes are bothered because we see it for what it is - Blizzard not wanting to deal with the real problem where it is - with the actual employees. Instead, they think changing some shit in-game is good enough. It isn't. It's incredibly tone-deaf.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Most of us who are bothered by these changes are bothered because we see it for what it is - Blizzard not wanting to deal with the real problem where it is - with the actual employees. Instead, they think changing some shit in-game is good enough. It isn't. It's incredibly tone-deaf.
    I say this as someone who agrees that the random content changes are irrelevant, pointless, and reek of distraction tactic: that's not what I've seen. For everyone saying "okay, removing jokes about bulls in leather; how, exactly, does that relate to this ethics scandal of theirs?" you seem to get at least two people ranting about the "woke mob" (holy dog whistles, Batman) and insisting that all innuendo is being removed from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    I say this as someone who agrees that the random content changes are irrelevant, pointless, and reek of distraction tactic: that's not what I've seen. For everyone saying "okay, removing jokes about bulls in leather; how, exactly, does that relate to this ethics scandal of theirs?" you seem to get at least two people ranting about the "woke mob" (holy dog whistles, Batman) and insisting that all innuendo is being removed from the game.
    These are people who want to justify their negative opinions of Blizzard by any means necessary. There's no rhyme or reason behind their hatred, they just want to shit on Blizzard because they can. It has nothing to do with wokescolding or anything of the sort. It's just petty ex-girlfriend syndrome. ("I don't like the game therefore NOBODY should like the game.")

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    These are people who want to justify their negative opinions of Blizzard by any means necessary. There's no rhyme or reason behind their hatred, they just want to shit on Blizzard because they can. It has nothing to do with wokescolding or anything of the sort. It's just petty ex-girlfriend syndrome. ("I don't like the game therefore NOBODY should like the game.")
    I'm at least somewhat inclined to agree with that. It remains that the hate brigade seem a lot more prevalent (or at least a lot louder) than the people simply asking how, exactly, removing toilet humor and jokes about wet cow tongues is relevant to the elekk in the room that needs to be addressed (i.e. getting busted for abusing their employees).

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of people are just, well, lost. Heartbroken. Allow me to reply to these next couple posts.

As usual, responses like this are very disinclined to consider it's out of grief. At least, it is for me, and I know I am not unique. I grieve a company and a game that I once loved, that I still love, but I feel has lost their way. I saw a great definition of grief earlier this year: "love that has no where to go." or something to that effect.
    Blizzard would rather focus on taking out, what are more often than not, goofy innuendos, than deal with the real issue. Even my friends who still play the game and are trying to support it to support the good folks still working at Blizzard, see the goofiness of this all. I am happy, albeit a little confused, by my friends who still play the game, a certain few of them I am honestly shocked are still playing. My hope is dwindled for the game, but if others still can find enjoyment, by all means, I hope they do. I just wish the game wouldn't be washed of harmless crap and instead they focus on issues that are indeed, relevant to the issue.

I'm at least somewhat inclined to agree with that. It remains that the hate brigade seem a lot more prevalent (or at least a lot louder) than the people simply asking how, exactly, removing toilet humor and jokes about wet cow tongues is relevant to the elekk in the room that needs to be addressed (i.e. getting busted for abusing their employees).
    It's a great question.

How, indeed.
    "A flower.

I think a lot of people are just, well, lost. Heartbroken. Allow me to reply to these next couple posts.

As usual, responses like this are very disinclined to consider it's out of grief. At least, it is for me, and I know I am not unique. I grieve a company and a game that I once loved, that I still love, but I feel has lost their way. I saw a great definition of grief earlier this year: "love that has no where to go." or something to that effect.
    Blizzard would rather focus on taking out, what are more often than not, goofy innuendos, than deal with the real issue. Even my friends who still play the game and are trying to support it to support the good folks still working at Blizzard, see the goofiness of this all. I am happy, albeit a little confused, by my friends who still play the game, a certain few of them I am honestly shocked are still playing. My hope is dwindled for the game, but if others still can find enjoyment, by all means, I hope they do. I just wish the game wouldn't be washed of harmless crap and instead they focus on issues that are indeed, relevant to the issue.

It's a great question.

How, indeed.
    Sounds like a massive you problem. Shit changes. Deal with it or move the fuck on with your life. Posting on a forum about how important your opinion is because you used to care a lot is about as desperate and pathetic as it gets. You'll find no shortage of equally disparaged ex-players on this forum (look for the ones that mention FFXIV in every post); but let's be real here... you only ever wanted validation of your negative opinions to begin with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard would rather focus on taking out, what are more often than not, goofy innuendos, than deal with the real issue.
    What exactly is the "real issue" they are not dealing with? They have made changes in 9.1.5 that were game play things people asked for. They haven't talked much about 9.2 or the future expansion. They are making changes in the company. They are doing a whole lot of things but for some reason people like to keep saying they are doing nothing but harmless in-game changes. While making a big deal about something that is supposed to be harmless.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Blizzard will always chase out some of the old with changes. Adding AP and grind systems chased out a lot of raiders and alt players.

The issue has never really been players being alienated and quiting... it is an issue of them not being able to draw in anymore least going off the armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crix View Post
    Blizzard will always chase out some of the old with changes. Adding AP and grind systems chased out a lot of raiders and alt players.

The issue has never really been players being alienated and quiting... it is an issue of them not being able to draw in anymore least going off the armory.
    That's a solid take. Less and less new players over the years.

I guess I am honestly just sad to see the game in a gradual, consistent state of decline when it doesn't have to be.
    "A flower.

Buddy...if you're "grieving" over the removal of fart jokes and cow jokes, you're way too attached. And not even to the game, either; to petty little minutia of the game. And, again: I say this as someone who finds the removals irrelevant and pointless, and in some case liked said minutia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a massive you problem. Shit changes. Deal with it or move the fuck on with your life. Posting on a forum about how important your opinion is because you used to care a lot is about as desperate and pathetic as it gets. You'll find no shortage of equally disparaged ex-players on this forum (look for the ones that mention FFXIV in every post); but let's be real here... you only ever wanted validation of your negative opinions to begin with.
    I'm playing FF XIV but I will not be one of the ones who says one is killing the other, one cannot live without the other, I am just sad to see as someone else so put it - WoW is not attracting new players. While I realize this is to be expected, it's getting to the point where it will be a problem. I don't want to see WoW die.

- - - Updated - - -

Buddy...if you're "grieving" over the removal of fart jokes and cow jokes, you're way too attached. And not even to the game, either; to petty little minutia of the game.
    No, I am not grieving over the removal of those things, I am grieving that the company is unable to focus on what's important, and it will likely do them no good. Let us remember, they hired a union-busting firm.

Yes, good idea.

Thus, I am sad to see some of these things go because I feel they are a precursor for more and more. Am I being melodramatic? I won't fight it. I just struggle to see all of this going in a truly positive direction.

Also, thank you @Dacia Ultan for being realistic and not going down to insults, appreciate you.
    "A flower.

No, I am not grieving over the removal of those things, I am grieving that the company is unable to focus on what's important, and it will likely do them no good. Let us remember, they hired a union-busting firm.

Yes, good idea.
    Okay; that's different. That's a genuine issue, and—as far as I'm concerned—actually a component of the ethics scandal. Still: my post to which you responded was about people squawking about "woke culture" and "puritanism" because some innuendoes were removed (a decision which I still find petty and irrelevant), often while at best paying lip service to the ethics scandal and at worst ignoring it altogether; so...you do see where the confusion arose?
    Also, thank you @Dacia Ultan for being realistic and not going down to insults, appreciate you.
    I prefer not to start flame wars.