I'm starting to hit a wall at 40. I'm just doing the same thing over and over and over.

Nothing is really advancing.

Been stuck getting T3 gear (300-399 gear level) for I want to say 20 levels now. Little to no progress on gear.

Gathering skills are moving horrendously slow and I'm barely getting anything new. Logging is a nightmare. Just farming same exact stuff... Seemingly forever.

Quests feels basically the same since level 1. The writing is as basic as it gets. Kill X mobs or loot X chests. Every. Single. Quest.

Many times I'll literally run to a place then run back to quest giver, then run back to exact same place, then run back to quest giver, then back to EXACT SAME PLACE. MULTIPLE TIMES. WHO DESIGNED THIS???

Weapons feel basically the same since level 10. Talent trees don't feel meaningful, like at all. Now I also feel locked into only using Dex weapons since I have Dex armor and points invested into it. It was fun when I could switch to basically whatever I felt like, but now I kind of cant. I'm stuck with spear, rapier, bow, musket, hatchet.

No side things to do. It's either I gather, quest, or pvp. And pvp requires finding a good group for, which can take a while.

I want to like it, but fuck man, so much of this is not acceptable for a game in 2000, let alone 2021.

And YES, I know it was originally a pvp/crafting only game, but that changed like 2 fucking years ago. They've had plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    That statement is true what they said, you can currently move between regions, the question asked was not specific to transferring a character to a different region, you are just assuming that is the question.

- - - Updated - - -

I read facts unlike yourself, never once did they mention you would be able to region transfer a character, they only ever mentioned server transfers.
    Yes they did. From their official Twitter account. How many times does it have to be directly linked to you?

Why isn't it possible for someone on this website to be banned for not being able to read?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I'm starting to hit a wall at 40. I'm just doing the same thing over and over and over.

Been stuck getting T3 gear (300-399 gear level) for I want to say 20 levels now. Little to no progress on gear.

Gathering skills are moving horrendously slow and I'm barely getting anything new. Logging is a nightmare. Just farming same exact stuff... Seemingly forever.

Quests feels basically the same since level 1. The writing is as basic as it gets. Kill X mobs or loot X chests. Every. Single. Quest.

Many times I'll literally run to a place then run back to quest giver, then run back to exact same place, then run back to quest giver, then back to EXACT SAME PLACE. MULTIPLE TIMES. WHO DESIGNED THIS???

Weapons feel basically the same since level 10. Talent trees don't feel meaningful, like at all. Now I also feel locked into only using Dex weapons since I have Dex armor and points invested into it. It was fun when I could switch to basically whatever I felt like, but now I kind of cant. I'm stuck with spear, rapier, bow, musket, hatchet.

No side things to do. It's either I gather, quest, or pvp. And pvp requires finding a good group for, which can take a while.

I want to like it, but fuck man, so much of this is not acceptable for a game in 2000, let alone 2021.

And YES, I know it was originally a pvp/crafting only game, but that changed like 2 fucking years ago. They've had plenty of time.
    Amazon doesn't have a clue what it is doing when making games, and the guy they have in charge of their games division doesn't know shit about playing games or making them.

Decent article detailing some of just how insanely bad Amazon is at making games right here (spoiler: Yes, it is a pretty long read but it goes into quite a bit of detail of just how dysfunctional Amazon Games Studio is).
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...-to-find-a-hit

(Non-Bloomberg link for the same article, if anyone has problems with the Bloomberg link.)
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazo...150004900.html
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2021-10-12 at 01:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Amazon doesn't have a clue what it is doing when making games, and the guy they have in charge of their games division doesn't know shit about playing games or making them.

Decent article detailing some of just how insanely bad Amazon is at making games right here (spoiler: Yes, it is a pretty long read but it goes into quite a bit of detail of just how dysfunctional Amazon Games Studio is).
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...-to-find-a-hit

(Non-Bloomberg link for the same article, if anyone has problems with the Bloomberg link.)
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazo...150004900.html
    I mean, a lot of it to be fair is good, but at the same time so much of it is just seems so blatantly obviously bad, that it kind of makes you scratch your head how it’s even possible this is the release stage of it for many of the systems.

Questing especially.

While yes it was originally a PvP game, they still had questing in it to level up from what I remember. I could be wrong, but I’ve been following it for a while and I remember questing being an issue 2+ years ago from testers.

And how hard is it to mix things up just a little? I mean the fucking mobs are basically all the same and so are the chests.

And it’s every. Single. Quest. Is either kill X mobs or loot X chests. It’s crazy.

Gathering also seems kind of fucked. Lumbering takes forever to level for some reason, while iron is way too sparse and is required way too much for crafting. Skinning goes super fast, while herbs actually feel in a pretty good spot. Fishing also is painfully slow.

Cooking is kind of too diverse. I have so many ingredients just sitting in my bank. None of it really gets used because mostly I need tier 4 meat, which is annoying to farm. So I have 200 pounds of ingredients just chilling in my bank currently. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

Furniture requires green wood and fibers for a while, and a lot of it, which means I can’t process the wood to level up woodworking or fibers for linen first. Even though the actual furniture clearly uses processed materials by looking at it. Makes no sense.

Just so many weird quirks that boggle my mind.

https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldgam..._escalated_to/

OP complains about getting banned by mass reporting. Oddly brags about how the company of them and their buddy own most of their factions territory, which is most of the overall territory despite being at a numerical disadvantage to Covenant. Not unreasonable, but weird.

https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldgam...eb2x&context=3

https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldgam...eb2x&context=3

Quickly got called out with now-deleted YT videos of members of their guild discussing the exploit that they were doing while thinking their mics were off. It's not unreasonable to connect the dots between whatever exploit they were engaged in and their faction/company's strength on the server. And further connect the dots that a bunch of them got banned for abusing the exploit, and decided to blame mass reporting rather than admit they exploited.

Seems more reasonable to me, and my imperfect memory tells me that this is the far more likely outcome given "unfair bans" in the past in other MMOs.

I'm level 24, I'm getting burnt out from running everywhere ;(

10+ Year Old Account
    This is looking even more and more like a hard pass
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    As a new MMORPG that a sort-of new gaming company has made(never done MMORPGs), its not that bad. This game is decent enough in the leveling process, but the questing do get tedious, no doubt. My plan is to level casually and sooner or later i'll reach 60. No rush, I take the game for what it is. No reason to nolife the game, at all.

NW future live and die on future content. Amazon should already start telling the playerbase what they have in store for us. Give us a roadmap of planned content coming the next year. That will probably help alot in keeping players playing up until 60.

Reaching 60 will be sort of important cause then you can jump in at any point when new content drops.

if you're like me and struggling to decide what weapons to run i'd suggest getting the faction armor. you can swap stats on them for azoth. or if you don't mind spending some gold there's lots of cheap gear on the trading post. at least on my server.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

To be honest i wonder why people are in such a rush to get to level 60. I saw this a lot in WoW over the years, people just kept skipping content, run raids and then complain of content drought.

Have some people just forgot how to have fun anymore? I totally get the game might not be for everyone (none are) but you can't argue that millions are currently having fun, and the potential is there to make this even better in the long term. I think they will expand the dungeon content and do more public things eventually but the game has literally just launched and a couple of people moaning about end game?

For the low cost of buying the game and with no subscription there is no way that i think you can say this game is not value for money.

This happens when you decide to add PvE content to your game within one single year. Can you imagine they planned to launch this game in August 2020, one year earlier? Back then quests barely existed. I mean the quests we have now are barely better than no quests at all... you simply can't create a themepark MMORPG (which New World wants to be) within a year. Now it shows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    I'm level 24, I'm getting burnt out from running everywhere ;(
    Wait until you reach level +30, that's where quest givers send you to the exact same spot 3-4 times in a row to loot the same caches and kill the same mobs over and over again because they obviously couldn't do so in the initial quest. All of the NPCs seem to suffer from a short term memory it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osperand View Post
    To be honest i wonder why people are in such a rush to get to level 60. I saw this a lot in WoW over the years, people just kept skipping content, run raids and then complain of content drought.

Have some people just forgot how to have fun anymore? I totally get the game might not be for everyone (none are) but you can't argue that millions are currently having fun, and the potential is there to make this even better in the long term. I think they will expand the dungeon content and do more public things eventually but the game has literally just launched and a couple of people moaning about end game?

For the low cost of buying the game and with no subscription there is no way that i think you can say this game is not value for money.
    1. There are not millions playing. At launch there were like 900k players maximum, now it's already down to 650-700k (which is still a very high number, but the numbers are rapidly declining).

2. People rushing to max level has mostly to do with the PvP aspect of the game. Many activities aren't available before level 50 and in PvP you need to be high level to get anything done. As it's open world PvP, if you're underleveled you're already f* up as they made scaling favor higher levels over skills. If your enemy is a certain amount of levels higher than you, your attacks only tickle them (this has been different early this year before they changed combat).

3. The game has launched is a bad excuse for not having endgame content in a new MMORPG in 2021, don't you think so? I mean it's not like lack of endgame content killed MMORPGs a decade ago, so how is this acceptable 10 years later?

If someone doesn't bother with the same copy and paste content over and over again, if someone is very invested into crafting and harvesting, New World is definitely worth the $40. If someone is looking for fresh and diverse PvE content, New World absolutely isn't the game they're looking for. Same goes for PvP-centric players, they'll have a hard time finding joy here unless they're on a very populated server and have an active PvP guild. Open world PvP is either non-existing or filled with high levels farming low levels.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-10-12 at 08:26 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    It honestsly feels like they were trying copy multiple MMO but without any lessons of said MMO.

Pointlessly grindy like EQ but without the social aspect to keep it at least engaging for instance.

Gameplay similar to GW2 or ESO but with even LESS options when the main complaint to both those games was lack of options making things boring over time.

Runescape like gathering... which was never good.

Then theres the weird design decisions. Only one race is frankly never a good idea; a lot of MMO appeal is escapism. The complete lack of variety. The dungeons being bare bones and lacking mechanics.

It feels like it needed years of more work... and a team that knew what they were doing.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This happens when you decide to add PvE content to your game within one single year. Can you imagine they planned to launch this game in August 2020, one year earlier? Back then quests barely existed. I mean the quests we have now are barely better than no quests at all... you simply can't create a themepark MMORPG (which New World wants to be) within a year. Now it shows.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait until you reach level +30, that's where quest givers send you to the exact same spot 3-4 times in a row to loot the same caches and kill the same mobs over and over again because they obviously couldn't do so in the initial quest. All of the NPCs seem to suffer from a short term memory it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

1. There are not millions playing. At launch there were like 900k players maximum, now it's already down to 650-700k (which is still a very high number, but the numbers are rapidly declining).

2. People rushing to max level has mostly to do with the PvP aspect of the game. Many activities aren't available before level 50 and in PvP you need to be high level to get anything done. As it's open world PvP, if you're underleveled you're already f* up as they made scaling favor higher levels over skills. If your enemy is a certain amount of levels higher than you, your attacks only tickle them (this has been different early this year before they changed combat).

3. The game has launched is a bad excuse for not having endgame content in a new MMORPG in 2021, don't you think so? I mean it's not like lack of endgame content killed MMORPGs a decade ago, so how is this acceptable 10 years later?

If someone doesn't bother with the same copy and paste content over and over again, if someone is very invested into crafting and harvesting, New World is definitely worth the $40. If someone is looking for fresh and diverse PvE content, New World absolutely isn't the game they're looking for. Same goes for PvP-centric players, they'll have a hard time finding joy here unless they're on a very populated server and have an active PvP guild. Open world PvP is either non-existing or filled with high levels farming low levels.
    Yeah I find it weird how lackluster the endgame content is. It clearly shows that amazon had a whoooole different plan for this game, bailed out and started to change it. Obviously there wasnt enough time, so we are left with the game as it is.

Its not great leveling experience at all. Im 34 now and the quests you mentioned have started to stack up. Im running back and forth to the very same places I just was. Its getting VERY annoying.

Atleast I know theres nothing extra at lvl 60 except being strong in pvp, so im not going to rush it. If im lvl 60 by christmas time, im happy.

Since I am a big MMORPG fan, this has been somewhat of a letdown. It feels different and fresh, but it quickly fades off as I lvl. Theres potential here for the future though, so we will see. And yeah, this is 2021 so amazon gaming gotta be quick about it. They gotta tell the playerbase whats in store next, and that content shouldnt be far off. Or else its trouble.

Right now I have also returned to ESO, cause I like the questing experience and zones there. It will probably be my main game for a while, NW in the back.

I have been watching streamers play the game. From what I have seen, mine buy or not meter is by far in the "hellll no" area.

I'm pretty confused tho. People say everywhere "its good". Often not much else.

I have witnessed problems with combat, there are very little mob variety, the "quest" grinding, crafting structure (even if people say crafting is good. Havent noticed anything special), mobs are autoattack sponges... the list goes on. Yet, even after complaining about some very core mechanics, people still say "its good". Steam reviews are good. People seem to be playing.

Honestly, I'm guessing this is due to people inhaling a bit too much copium. Not that I can tell the actual feel because I have not played the game nor do I intend to. The problems in this game seem so core issues that to fix it, it will take a very long time. Which is why I don't expect things to be fixed with just a few patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I have been watching streamers play the game. From what I have seen, mine buy or not meter is by far in the "hellll no" area.

I have witnessed problems with combat, there are very little mob variety, the "quest" grinding, crafting structure (even if people say crafting is good. Havent noticed anything special), mobs are autoattack sponges... the list goes on. Yet, even after complaining about some very core mechanics, people still say "its good". Steam reviews are good. People seem to be playing.

Honestly, I'm guessing this is due to people inhaling a bit too much copium. Not that I can tell the actual feel because I have not played the game nor do I intend to. The problems in this game seem so core issues that to fix it, it will take a very long time. Which is why I don't expect things to be fixed with just a few patches.
    Copium indeed.

People are hungry for an MMO that can make them feel the way they did a decade ago playing WoW for the first time, but that feeling is impossible to capture because they are not the person they were a decade ago.
    So every new MMO is the new messiah. This one has to be 'it', because they want to feel like a kid lost in a world and genre they know nothing about.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I got to like level 20.

The game does a poor job of making it a social experience. No reason to talk to anyone. No reason to group up for anything. Don't think I ever saw a single speech bubble the entire time. By far the biggest problem to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post

A bit too much copium? lol

Don't visit the subreddit, it's the worst place. They massively downvoted criticism right there even during the beta events. The same is happening elsewhere. People wanted a new AAA MMORPG and hoped this would be it, but clearly it is not. This becomes more obvious the higher you level up. A lot of "good" reviews are based around the starting experience around level 1-30 which is not bad indeed. But after that it becomes increasingly worse, the grind multiplies and everything is a slog. That's another reason why the good (aka green) critic reviews on MetaCritic are laughable. Those "testers" maybe played the game from level 1-15 and wrote a review.

The reception is shifting though, more players reach the higher levels and there New World completely falls flat. Not only is there barely any content, it's very unpolished and buggy on top of that. And it shows. There are more and more players actively criticizing design choices and the little content that is there. Honeymoon phase is over and we witness that by the rapid decline in active players.

Another issue is that your character development basically stops around level 15. All you get now is passive traits for your skills of which most are weak or useless. You're stuck with the same gameplay loop from that time and your entire progression is just getting better equipment. Your character simply doesn't evolve past that point and you can feel it. My Firemage at level 10 plays exactly the same with level 30. I use the same skills, only my attacks have a higher crit chance now and the DoT lasts a bit longer. That's the entire progress I made after level 10.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-10-12 at 10:11 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I purposely decided not to read any forum posts about New World so as to not taint my expectations. While I do like the world itself, and some aspects of combat (targeting is fun), overall its just falling flat for me. I'm only level 16 but I just don't have any desire to log in again.

I can certainly see why people like it. But for me, its the first MMO I've tried that I wasn't anxiously waiting to log in and level. Normally I don't get bored until months into end-game. But for New World, I just don't see the point.

Maybe its me and not the game, I don't know. But my poor character is unlikely to ever pass level 16 at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, there are some really pretty looking zones in this game. I just stumbled across a place called The Azoth Tree in the south of Brightwood and it is amazing. As is the spooky, gloominess of Weaver's Fen. For anyone saying all zones look the same, this is certainly not the case as you get to the higher level zones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    The game does a poor job of making it a social experience. No reason to talk to anyone. No reason to group up for anything. Don't think I ever saw a single speech bubble the entire time. By far the biggest problem to me.
    I mean... Faction war is a social experience
    Hunting Elite marks and PVP at least requires you to ask people for groups
    Also you need groups for dungeons. Also you level up way faster with groups as you get weapon proficency for kills your group does even if you didn't hit the enemy
    Speech bubbles appear when near a player that actually speaks in Area, Party or Guild chat
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.