Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Dunno, I can also argue that WoW's endgame content is "incredibly repetitive and grindy" and that "the only character progression on max level is getting better gear". See, now all of a sudden New World got endgame content. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

New World is not WoW and that's good. If you want WoW's endgame go and play WoW.
    New world doesn't have content because it spent years not sure what it wanted to be and never actually decided. The questing and story is basically nonexistent. Kill 5 zombies or loot 7 chests or kill 25 turkeys. Theres only 6 dungeons in the entire game for all 60 levels. Theres no instances pvp until level 60. Its honestly pathetic for a game released in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sorry, but your reading comprehension seems a bit lacking. There is no meaningful endgame content. It has nothing to do with me not liking it, it's just not existing. So in your eyes my only choice is a) have no endgame content and be fine with it or b) go back to WoW?
    Yes there is no WoW like endgame content. We already discussed that. I didn't know you had such trouble with these basic arguments. Doing the exact same bosses over and over again yields nearly no value in New World compared to WoW.

But to achieve your character progression you are still doing content - content you are doing at max level. Therefore I consider that doing "endgame" content. And that "endgame" content is not like WoW's endgame content. I'll say it one more time so that even you can understand it: NEW WORLD'S ENDGAME IS NOT LIKE WOW'S ENDGAME. YOU WON'T KILL THE SAME BOSSES FOR PROGRESS OVER AND OVER UNTIL YOU ARE DONE. THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT IN NEW WORLD. THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT THE GAME ENDS ONCE YOU HIT MAX LEVEL. IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU DON'T KILL BOSSES OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR YOUR PROGRESSION. IT IS DIFFERENT FROM WOW IN THE WAY YOU PROGRESS ONCE AT MAX LEVEL. YET YOU STILL PROGRESS DOING "CONTENT".

But I can see you now saying, it has no raids at max level therefore no endgame content.. I'm done with you then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Except there is end game content. It might be shallow. It might not be for you. But its there. So yea, it comes down to you not liking it or finding it deficient. Im sure they will be adding more stuff to do soon. The good thing is their is no sub. You bought the game. You quit at like 18 im assuming. Wait til they add the content then bitch. Id at least try to get to max level though.
    What kind of endgame content is there? Are you talking about the Spriggan arenas that require excessive grinding for the keys to get 10 minutes worth of content or are you talking about farming the elite areas with the same old mobs you were killing at level 15? Or the one max level dungeon? Oh, I made it further than 18. But the road to max level - due to it's very grindy and repetitive nature - is another problem. Many players won't even get to max level because of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Yes there is no WoW like endgame content. We already discussed that. I didn't know you had such trouble with these basic arguments. Doing the exact same bosses over and over again yields nearly no value in New World compared to WoW.

But to achieve your character progression you are still doing content - content you are doing at max level. Therefore I consider that doing "endgame" content. And that "endgame" content is not like WoW's endgame content. I'll say it one more time so that even you can understand it: NEW WORLD'S ENDGAME IS NOT LIKE WOW'S ENDGAME. YOU WON'T KILL THE SAME BOSSES FOR PROGRESS OVER AND OVER UNTIL YOU ARE DONE. THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT IN NEW WORLD. THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT THE GAME ENDS ONCE YOU HIT MAX LEVEL. IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU DON'T KILL BOSSES OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR YOUR PROGRESSION. IT IS DIFFERENT FROM WOW IN THE WAY YOU PROGRESS ONCE AT MAX LEVEL. YET YOU STILL PROGRESS DOING "CONTENT".

But I can see you now saying, it has no raids at max level therefore no endgame content.. I'm done with you then.
    But New World's "endgame content" is basically exactly what you tried to EMPHASIZE. You're grinding Spriggan arenas over and over again. You're killing the same boss over and over again. The only difference between New World's "endgame content" and the endgame content in WoW is the amount of said endgame content. WoW has a lot, New World has barely any.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

What kind of endgame content is there? Are you talking about the Spriggan arenas that require excessive grinding for the keys to get 10 minutes worth of content or are you talking about farming the elite areas with the same old mobs you were killing at level 15? Or the one max level dungeon? Oh, I made it further than 18. But the road to max level - due to it's very grindy and repetitive nature - is another problem. Many players won't even get to max level because of that.
    Endgame content doesn't have to be different from what you were doing while leveling, see GW2 (at least vanilla) and how what you did at 80 was largely the same as what you did at 20 (just harder). That there's no "separate" endgame doesn't mean there isn't an endgame, just not the traditional second generation MMO endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Almost like one is a brand new game, while the other has been out for the better part of 2 decades.
    And that it's not designed as a second generation theme park MMO with an endgame detached from what you do from level 1 to max level.

I'm sure there's a lack of "additional stuff" at max level which isn't uncommon for fresh launches, but folks continually trying to compare this to WoW confuses me since neither game is designed in remotely the same way.

Almost like one is a brand new game, while the other has been out for the better part of 2 decades.
    My goodness. Nobody is talking about WoWs endgame content after the umpteenth expansion as it was made clear pages ago. But even Vanilla WoW at launch had a handful of max level dungeons and two raids. Both of which New World has not (and that was the initial point made here - a 17 year old game offering more endgame content than a game launched in 2021).

Because New World isn't designed to just be yet another version of WoW. It has different priorities than funnelling everyone to the exact same repetitive dungeon/raid grind at max level.
    Okay, so New World doesn't need endgame content to survive, I get it. Not that this was the initial reason they delayed the game by an entire year, to add more PvE and especially endgame content, but okay.

Because New World isn't designed to just be yet another version of WoW. It has different priorities than funnelling everyone to the exact same repetitive dungeon/raid grind at max level.
    I feel like arguing with him is pointless. In 2 days he will be back in here trying to convince people that there is no "endgame content".

- - - Updated - - -

My goodness. Nobody is talking about WoWs endgame content after the umpteenth expansion as it was made clear pages ago. But even Vanilla WoW at launch had a handful of max level dungeons and two raids. Both of which New World has not (and that was the initial point made here - a 17 year old game offering more endgame content than a game launched in 2021).
    It doesn't have them because it is not classic wow. It focuses on other content.

Yeah, nobody said that it doesn't need endgame content lol You just seem to class dungeons/raids as the only real endgame. That's a you issue.
    Which endgame content do you have, then? Harvesting and gathering? PVP?

NW does have a few endgame dungeons and raids.

How another game does its dungeons and raids doesn't mean others have to do so in the same manner though. It's not really sensible to compare one particular design choice with another in this regard. If I want to make an endgame raid open world or have none at all, that is a valid design choice as long as it is logically consistent with the DDT of the game.

Okay, so New World doesn't need endgame content to survive, I get it.
    Apparently not, since you seem to think "endgame content" must necessarily be something "different" than what players are doing during their leveling processes a la raiding etc. It's not, it's simply the things you do at max level to continue progressing your character and, in the context of New World, company/faction control over territory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Which endgame content do you have, then? Harvesting and gathering? PVP?
    PvP and territory battles, dungeons, farming shit in the open world, crafting, progressing your faction influence via repeatable quests, grinding faction currency, help contribute towards settlement progress to unlock better crafting stations etc.

Most of the same stuff you did while leveling, but with access to much more of it (including endgame specific zones).

TBH the people who haven't played making serious judgments on it are kind of surprising, how do you know about the game if you never played? I'm having a ton of fun right now and i just quit wow to play it full time. Games are for fun, doesn't need to be a wow clone to be fun. Good luck in wow =)

I haven't uninstalled, but I'm not playing any more either. I played awhile and was just not impressed at all. The interface is really bad, I don't like the targeting system at all, the movement is very clunky, and I'm not interested in PvP at all. So this is just not the game for me. Good luck to those who enjoy it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Even GW2 didn't have the guts to follow through on much of their initial design concepts. Ended up adding leveling, then raids and scaling, repeating dungeons, and even some elements of gear progression.
    Sorta kinda. Masteries aren't exactly "leveling", though they do serve the function of psuedo-levels. They aren't limiting for the most part though, and you only need a few to actually progress through the game (and it seems that EoD will take the PoF approach to masteries vs. HoT). Raids and strikes exist, but they remain a small part of the overall endgame.

Scaling was in the game from day one, so was repeating dungeons. For gear progression that was essentially just ascended gear, a small jump over exotic gear. Legendary armor has the same stats as ascended, so they capped that "gear grind" extremely quickly.

It's taken a few steps back from the vanilla version where there was nothing exclusive to max level that you couldn't do while leveling, but only a few as it still largely (like 90%+) remains the same as it was at launch in terms of overall design.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think whats gonna kill this game are those tiny storages lol
    every zone i leveled in is full so far. cant sell, cuz its worth little to nothing. cant craft, cuz literally everything requires iron xddd

how do u deal with this issue? i just wanna log in, do some quests, have fun with combat and gathering, but here i sit wondering how the fuck to free up my space so nothing goes to waste. this is rly annoying
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    i think whats gonna kill this game are those tiny storages lol
    every zone i leveled in is full so far. cant sell, cuz its worth little to nothing. cant craft, cuz literally everything requires iron xddd

how do u deal with this issue? i just wanna log in, do some quests, have fun with combat and gathering, but here i sit wondering how the fuck to free up my space so nothing goes to waste. this is rly annoying
    Pick additional storage when that's an option when you level up a territory. I've still got tons of space but I've been spreading resources out between the stashes in the different zones I've been in.

Though I really wish iron was more plentiful, it feels like I find silver just as often, if not moreso, than iron and iron is used for way more crafting professions >.<

I'm not gonna say that it's gonna be inventory microtransactions, but that's usually what games like this end up doing.
    Maybe eventually, but the game is designed around inventory/weight management (both your character and stashes) being a thing you have to do. That's why each stash in each town is separate, in part. Few games have any kind of unlimited bank/inventory systems, so it's either managing inventory/bank slots or inventory/bank weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    You get storage expansion as you raise your rep in the territories. Each storage is unique and all together you have enormous amounts of storage. I am doing EVERY crafting profession and have yet to run out of storage anywhere.

A big pop-up in the middle of the screen informs you of the territory rewards. Which then opens up to a menu where you can pick your rewards progressively.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Pick additional storage when that's an option when you level up a territory. I've still got tons of space but I've been spreading resources out between the stashes in the different zones I've been in.

Though I really wish iron was more plentiful, it feels like I find silver just as often, if not moreso, than iron and iron is used for way more crafting professions >.<
    Iron is everywhere. It's probably the most common ore. Sells for like 0.01 a piece on my server it's so abundant.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not gonna say that it's gonna be inventory microtransactions, but that's usually what games like this end up doing.
    It's currently a huge amount of space all told. Every time they add a settlement going forward, total storage will increase as well. Which the new desert zone will have a new settlement.

High-tier bags also reduce weight by % which is very powerful. I can walk around with hundreds of pounds of ore in my pocket and hundreds of rawhides and still be at 2/3rd encumbrance and that's not even using a weight potion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Iron is everywhere. It's probably the most common ore. Sells for like 0.01 a piece on my server it's so abundant.
    I struggle to find much of it -_-

I honestly haven't even looked at the AH at all. Probably should, but I like being self sufficient and hoarding and shit. Also, it's fun when you discover you have a bunch of super valuable stuff you've just been sitting on not realizing it's worth anything.

I do not play games optimally anymore : |

15+ Year Old Account
    The game needs flightpaths., a slash in azoth costs, higher azoth gain or something to help with travel. You can really get stuck far away from anything and azoth gain is minuscule when you are low. Even once you get 3 houses spread around you could still run low and if you craft you'll run low because you need the perks azoth guarantees.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."