Page 29 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I’m not suggesting you’re a murderer by association, but whether or not you continue to support the club, I’d expect a little more contrition over it as opposed to glee and denial.
    please point me to any resource or any post/news article that shows newcastle fans as 'gleeful' over the death of another person, please, link me anything that shows newcastle fans denying ANYTHING that has been legally proven to be fact, because right now all the posts are people with faux outrage regarding issues that they have no say over, trying to hold it over a fanbase that has been bereft of leadership and funding for over a decade and now thanks to a 4 year process has been taken over by a CONSORTIUM of business owners to revitalise and rebuild the club from the ground up, i fail to see how that has ANYTHING to do with the actions of 1 man a million miles away who LEGALLY has nothing to do with the club, nor it's running/day to day business.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Frankly, they're probably too busy being relieved to be rid of Mike Ashley.

Let's not pretend the previous owner was anything less than an obnoxious prick who treats his employees like slaves.

Holding Newcastle fans responsible here in any degree is laughable. Ashley was one of the most loathed owners across the entire league since Ken Bates.
    you're wasting your time explaining it to them, they can't wrap their heads around the idea that 'average joe' in the street should have been mounting a humanitarian legal fund to fight the cruel regime!, and you're right, for the majority of fans it's celebrating being rid of mike ashley, and has nothing to do with hailing a new 'supreme leader' as this clueless muppet seems to believe.

Let's not pretend the previous owner was anything less than an obnoxious prick who treats his employees like slaves.

Holding Newcastle fans responsible here in any degree is laughable. Ashley was one of the most loathed owners across the entire league since Ken Bates.
    1. 'Treating employees like slaves' =/= murdering innocents.
    2. Ashley being a loathed owner does not magically make it okay to give the Saudi royal family a free pass.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    please point me to any resource or any post/news article that shows newcastle fans as 'gleeful' over the death of another person, please, link me anything that shows newcastle fans denying ANYTHING that has been legally proven to be fact, because right now all the posts are people with faux outrage regarding issues that they have no say over, trying to hold it over a fanbase that has been bereft of leadership and funding for over a decade and now thanks to a 4 year process has been taken over by a CONSORTIUM of business owners to revitalise and rebuild the club from the ground up, i fail to see how that has ANYTHING to do with the actions of 1 man a million miles away who LEGALLY has nothing to do with the club, nor it's running/day to day business.

- - - Updated - - -

you're wasting your time explaining it to them, they can't wrap their heads around the idea that 'average joe' in the street should have been mounting a humanitarian legal fund to fight the cruel regime!, and you're right, for the majority of fans it's celebrating being rid of mike ashley, and has nothing to do with hailing a new 'supreme leader' as this clueless muppet seems to believe.
    1. Glee and celebration regarding the takeover.
    2. This isn't faux outrage. This is actual outrage, because the Saudi royal family are a bunch of murderers.
    3. The consortium of business owners is funded by the Saudi royal family aka the Government aka the PIF.
    4. No one is asking Newcastle fans to mount a humanitarian legal find to fight a cruel regime. But it's still not okay to celebrate this takeover.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2021-10-13 at 02:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aight let's cool it with the personal attacks, I get this is a heated discussion and there's some very provocative arguments being made, but we don't need to resort to namecalling.

Meanwhile, people using this as an excuse to shit on Newcastle fans can quit it too.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Aight let's cool it with the personal attacks, I get this is a heated discussion and there's some very provocative arguments being made, but we don't need to resort to namecalling.

Meanwhile, people using this as an excuse to shit on Newcastle fans can quit it too.
    Repeated personal attacks, which I'm sure you know is infraction worthy.

No one is shitting on Newcastle fans, but anyone pretending like the Saudi royal family aren't a bunch of murderers is obviously in denial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Repeated personal attacks, which I'm sure you know is infraction worthy.
    So is discussing moderation. Maybe don't provoke people with this ad hominem argument that they're celebrating Saudi money, when it's been explained to you what they're actually happy about.

If you can't debate this topic properly, I suggest you drop it.

So is discussing moderation. Maybe don't provoke people with this ad hominem argument that they're celebrating Saudi money, when it's been explained to you what they're actually happy about.

If you can't debate this topic properly, I suggest you drop it.
    Wait, so it's okay for people go around calling others 'clueless muppets' because they don't like the direction of the conversation?

Furthermore, the poster picked up on my one post from days ago and got provoked. I didn't seek him out.

Last I checked, there's no terms of service at MMO-C that said 'debate properly'. I'm not launching personal attacks or name calling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've told you I'm not discussing moderation here, so drop that line of discussion.

I'll remind everyone of rules 3, 4 and 8 on the first post. If you want to continue this topic, keep those in mind. Otherwise, move on.

10+ Year Old Account

There's bad by degrees. Ashley is a very, very shitty owner and I won't shop at his stores because of that. I'm not even fond of the Glazers taking billions out of United. But even they pale in comparison to what the Saudi state do, and that that money is looted from the Saudi state. It's only a "private" fund insofar as its the oil revenue taken by the Saudi royal family rather than reinvested in a state they'd rather keep impoverished and oppressed. That goes before their war in Yemen which created the worlds worst humanitarian crisis in modern times, and intelligence links to the murder of a journalist. It's a fund for sportswashing and laundering, and if you think anyone just hands over £250,000,000,000 and doesn't expect a say in how it's spent, I don't know what to tell you.

- - - Updated - - -

Ultimately we’re talking about a guy who could improve his and his country’s reputation by spending those billions on that country and improving the lot of his subjects.

But instead decided to try it by buying a fucking football club and playing real life championship manager instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    There's bad by degrees. Ashley is a very, very shitty owner and I won't shop at his stores because of that. I'm not even fond of the Glazers taking billions out of United. But even they pale in comparison to what the Saudi state do, and that that money is looted from the Saudi state. It's only a "private" fund insofar as its the oil revenue taken by the Saudi royal family rather than reinvested in a state they'd rather keep impoverished and oppressed. That goes before their war in Yemen which created the worlds worst humanitarian crisis in modern times, and intelligence links to the murder of a journalist. It's a fund for sportswashing and laundering, and if you think anyone just hands over £250,000,000,000 and doesn't expect a say in how it's spent, I don't know what to tell you.
    It's entirely possible for the fanbase to just be happy about the departure of someone they have a personal revulsion of, regardless of whoever is taking over. Being glad Ashley is gone is not an endorsement of the new ownership, you can compartmentalise thoughts on them as separate topics.

Imagine if they'd bought out Manchester United instead, you can be both against them but at the same time be glad to see the back of the Glaziers. They're not mutually opposing trains of thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's entirely possible for the fanbase to just be happy about the departure of someone they have a personal revulsion of, regardless of whoever is taking over. Being glad Ashley is gone is not an endorsement of the new ownership, you can compartmentalise thoughts on them as separate topics.

Imagine if they'd bought out Manchester United instead, you can be both against them but at the same time be glad to see the back of the Glaziers. They're not mutually opposing trains of thought.
    I would much, much rather have the Glazers. There were reports that this consortium wanted to buy Man Utd a couple of years ago, but the Glazers refused to sell, and thats the best thing they’ve done for the club.

If they bought united i would start supporting someone else.

i dont expect other people to agree with that but that is what i would do

the buying of clubs by foreign powers has passed the point of no return by now though, only a matter of time before all clubs are in this situation imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure you'd prefer the Glazers, but if they left you'd be happy to see the back of a parasitic owner who took money out of the club and failed to invest in infrastructure and the local area, because it would be the end of that practice.

That is an entirely separate thought from any critique of the new ownership and their human rights violations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure you'd prefer the Glazers, but if they left you'd be happy to see the back of a parasitic owner who took money out of the club and failed to invest in infrastructure and the local area, because it would be the end of that practice.

That is an entirely separate thought from any critique of the new ownership and their human rights violations.
    Sorry, it just isn't for me, I don't/can't compartmentalise like that.

You can’t compartmentalise in this case, because it’s going from one bad to an evil. It’s like celebrating that you’ve given up smoking only to start doing heroine. It’s escalation.

Whats also hilarious is governing bodies of football dont give a flying monkies about war crimes/genocide/sexism/racism/you name it.

But as soon as those countries that have committed said crimes on the daily that is fine but as soon as you pirate viewing rights that was just too much and if they want to buy football teams they must stop pirating!

Clown world.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Whats also hilarious is governing bodies of football dont give a flying monkies about war crimes/genocide/sexism/racism/you name it.

But as soon as those countries that have committed said crimes on the daily that is fine but as soon as you pirate viewing rights that was just too much and if they want to buy football teams they must stop pirating!

Clown world.
    We can agree for once.

Hypercommercialization keeps on trucking along in english football.

Its gleeringly obvious why Saudi bought Newcastle and theres already been effects to it. Effects Saudi approves and wants. We can see examples of this in this thread alyread.

When they fight for 1st in PL in a few years it will even gain more positive traction for the owners.

Its all working as intended for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Clown world.
    Yes, it all ends up being about money. Now PL gets more money and a new owner with infinite amount of money. The whole system is based on constant growth(money).

That was a fun watch for the neutral this morning, but Ole has this expression on his face of "wtf is going on?" Leicester dominant most of the game, but Utd have some brilliant players that could score any moment, but they just don't have a team or a plan. BTW I dont know how Wan-Bisaka keeps a spot on that team looked championship at best again.

15+ Year Old Account
    I again was not able to watch (/rage) but when it comes to Ole's wtf face, he kinda has that expression most of the time I feel

Will catch highlights tonight I hope.

#OleOut ?? ;P (just kidding don't shoot me please)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    That was a fun watch for the neutral this morning, but Ole has this expression on his face of "wtf is going on?" Leicester dominant most of the game, but Utd have some brilliant players that could score any moment, but they just don't have a team or a plan. BTW I dont know how Wan-Bisaka keeps a spot on that team looked championship at best again.
    Have you seen how shit Dalot is? That’s how AWB keeps a spot.

Good players but not ones that make up a sensible, disciplined, balanced XI. Got like 7 attacking midfielders, no real wingers, 2 left backs, 4 strikers who can come in from the side, mostly the left, and one actual centre forward who’s not allowed to play because Ronaldo might do something. Defensive end of the pitch is ‘can Harry stand up for 90 minutes’ and whoever else we’ve picked up that’s fit.