View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    You know that's not true, which is why the EU are doing everything they can to avoid this problem escalating. Which our moronic Brexiteer friends see as "weakness" that they can exploit. Sadly they are still in thrall to Cummings and his ridiculous games theories of politics.

But the EU will do what they can up to the red lines of the sanctity of the Single Market. Then any ground they may choose to give stops. The sooner Boris and his team of fucktards realise this, the sooner we can get back to having proper adult relationships with our friends in the EU.

And we'll still have a border in the Irish Sea. Or we'll break the GFA in getting rid of it, which will make us an international pariah with both the EU and the US. Still, at least we'll still have the Russians pushing funds into the Tories pockets, so they may not care too much.

It may just be empty posturing anyway; trying to deflect attention from the report on how badly they messed up the Covid response. Why anyone would see what they did there and think they were some machiavellian planners who were controlling the whole process of Brexit to their benefit is beyond me. Boris has to be one of the stupidest men ever to grace Parliament. His ability to spout nonsense in more than one language doesn't mask that.
    The bolded bit is where is shows me just how little you know about the GFA.

Ultimately there will be a fudge, kick the can down the road, then the North will vote on it in 2024. Potentially there could be a stark choice to be made by all parties if they vote to scrap it. The EU will have then no choice but to but a border in Ireland because they couldn't, and never have given two shits about peace on Ireland. The single market is sacrosanct, and any price paid in blood is a price worth paying

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyreg View Post

Ultimately there will be a fudge, kick the can down the road, then the North will vote on it in 2024. Potentially there could be a stark choice to be made by all parties if they vote to scrap it. The EU will have then no choice but to but a border in Ireland because they couldn't, and never have given two shits about peace on Ireland. The single market is sacrosanct, and any price paid in blood is a price worth paying
    Wait? what? Is that what you believe?

The EU will have then no choice but to but a border in Ireland because they couldn't, and never have given two shits about peace on Ireland. The single market is sacrosanct, and any price paid in blood is a price worth paying
    The only reason for a border in Ireland is the UK not giving a shit about Ireland and leaving the EU. You didn't even spend a single thought about Ireland when you voted to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Wait? what? Is that what you believe?
    The first bit is definitely what will happen, the second is dependent on the vote.

They need to tread carefully, they are getting weaker and weaker all the time, with the rest of the globe passing them by, not even considering them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The only reason for a border in Ireland is the UK not giving a shit about Ireland and leaving the EU. You didn't even spend a single thought about Ireland when you voted to leave.
    UK doesn't want a border in Ireland, the EU does. That is the long and the short of it, anything else is just someone shouting 'he started it'.

Accuses me of knowing nothing about the GFA. Suggests that the North of Ireland will vote to scrap it.

I'm done with this one gents. If anyone else wants to talk to him, go right ahead. I'm too scared of catching stupidity to carry on.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

UK doesn't want a border in Ireland, the EU does. That is the long and the short of it, anything else is just someone shouting 'he started it'.
    So you chanted "let's take back control of our borders" and voted leave without actually wanting to control your border? How did you think that will work out? As I said you didn't think at all about the consequences when you voted to leave.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think the EU wants a border either here or there? If you find the answer you might come to the realization that what the UK wants is the exact same thing as what the EU wants because the underlying issue is the very same.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

*EU offers a deal*

Brexiteers : WE HAVE OUT SMARTED THEM TAKE THAT

Normal people : wow pragmatism in order to make things easier in the interest of the EU and UK.

Only one bunch of cunts here lads. The idea that is zero sum is full simple jack.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The UK will not put up a border between the North and the South under any circumstances. If there is no border the EU's single market is in tatters, broke, shot to pieces if you like. It is the EU who will have to enforce, and thereby break the GFA, and install the border to protect their single market. That is why the EU are so weak and have no hand to play any more.

It's check mate for the EU, thanks to the brilliance of our Brexit negotiators. Just as we said all along, the cards are all ours.
    You have a gun to your own head and trust we won’t let you shoot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    You have a gun to your own head and trust we won’t let you shoot.
    The Article 16 gun was pointed firmly at the EU by the UK though. They went from “We will not agree to a renegotiation of the Protocol.” in July, to “The Commission now stands ready to engage in intensive discussions with the UK government” a few weeks later as a result.

https://facts4eu.org/news/2021_oct_uk_wins_round_one

It shows a total failure in the EU's NI protocol no more no less.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

The Article 16 gun was pointed firmly at the EU by the UK though. They went from “We will not agree to a renegotiation of the Protocol.” in July, to “The Commission now stands ready to engage in intensive discussions with the UK government” a few weeks later as a result.

It's so obvious to anyone with half a brain cell that it is the EU who is responsible for creating terms for which they will deal with 3rd parties.

If they making trade with 3rd parties difficult, they are literally the only people that can change their own trading terms.

It was always so obvious that the EU would be to alter the 3rd party trading rules of they wanted to continue trading with the UK as easy as possible.

I don't even know why they dragged the process out so long as the UK is quite literally powerless to alter EU rules.

Lefties tend to think with their emotions though, and not with logic.

Which is why i think they are getting upset over something that was correctly predicted by the logic thinkers in this thread multiple times over and over again.

10+ Year Old Account

Was this not the same protocol that ensured Brexit was "oven ready", that you, cheered for?

And the new deal that you're cheering about right now, will be the same one you're rejecting along with the government in a few hours for still having ECJ oversight written into it?

And that in either case you'll be claiming you never supported in the first place?

Because the UK wanted to renegotiate to remove the Irish Sea border, which is out of the question because there needs to some form of border between the UK and the EU and the UK was not offering an alternative.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The UK should have thought about that, before leaving the EU then. You were the ones screaming "cOnTr0l oF 0ur boRderS!!1". Somehow you think the EU arent entitled to keep it's border in control.

The ironic part is, that you're dealing with the EU keeping it's border in control. I'm sure the irony is lost on you, but it is quite amusing.

Do keep in mind, that the EU can launch all immigrants into NI, if your unicorn dream of 0 border checks to the EU came through. Add that we arent obligated to take them back either, now you left.

Brexit created more ironic situations than actual benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    The UK should have thought about that, before leaving the EU then. You were the ones screaming "cOnTr0l oF 0ur boRderS!!1". Somehow you think the EU arent entitled to keep it's border in control.
    They legit don't. There was a poll that came out asking brexiteers about this in regards to freedom of movement of people, goods and services. They legit said that yes it was fine for Brits to have freedom of movement in all 3, but for Europeans they overwhelmingly voted no. Essentially they want to live and move all around Europe but have the drawbridge up to keep the "Undesirable foreigners away.".

It's the same mentality about the coloni..... wait sorry colonies... wait no we have to call them ex-pat communities. Where British immigra... wait no let me try that again. British Immigrants... Wait sorry we're supposed to call them British ex-pats, move to the med and then demand that the locals adapt to them... wait I mean they refuse to integrate... Wait I mean they totally just want to educate the locals in proper British etiquette to improve their lives.

/wave at pigeon

It’s almost like it’s sentient

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Was this not the same protocol that ensured Brexit was "oven ready", that you, cheered for?

And the new deal that you're cheering about right now, will be the same one you're rejecting along with the government in a few hours for still having ECJ oversight written into it?

And that in either case you'll be claiming you never supported in the first place?
    Of course I cheered for it in the full knowledge that our Boris would begin ripping it up in a few months. Why wouldn't I have? It got Brexit done.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/north...polls-2479161/

If the EU were gullible enough to think it would last 20 years that's on them, everyone else knew.

Meanwhile today sees that Boris Johnson’s Conservatives have surged into a 10 point lead against Labour. He must right now be the most popular leader in Europe!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...eu-lord-frost/

Well done, hope he's enjoyed his recent very deserved holibobs to Spain.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    A true UK leader would have holidayed at a beach within the UK!
    Or at least green screened it, to continue with their routine as lying scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Exactly! Instead, he's just shown us all that Spain is better. Shameful.
    The great sentient ham Boris most likely dined and dashed all over the place, scamming those damn continental fools

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah great burner account number 1873