15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I've never understand what people hate about this. What is the big deal?
    It makes the games too easy so we want the option to toggle it off. Why is that hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It makes the games too easy so we want the option to toggle it off. Why is that hard to understand?
    The games are already braindead without it, not sure what it changes?

I've never understand what people hate about this. What is the big deal?
    It trivializes leveling and makes the game far easier to blow through.

The least they could do is make it something that can be toggled off.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Idk if I’m behind on this but BD/SP will have exp share on by default again. That might just be what keeps me from buying.
    so you enjoy spending 80% of the time grinding levels?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    Yes.

/10 char

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    You enjoy overlevelling last boss by 20 levels and roflstomping it on the first try?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You enjoy overlevelling last boss by 20 levels and roflstomping it on the first try?
    I haven't played Pokemon in 2 gens and feel like this was always the case anyways.

Difficulty in pokemon? Where? What pokemon game am I missing here cause I played most prior to X/Y?

If you want a hard, turn based monster collecting game shouldn't you be playing the one designed as this(SMT) instead of the one designed for young children?

Pokemon has always felt like babies first JRPG to me, complaining about difficulty in them is like complaining about difficulty in Kirby games. Just enjoy them for what they are, don't act like old ones where some hard ass shit because no, they weren't. Just like Kirby has always been easy, Pokemon has always been easy.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-10-13 at 06:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The games are already braindead without it, not sure what it changes?
    That's always the reply. We want them to be LESS easy. Taking away options in games is never a good thing

That's always the reply. We want them to be LESS easy. Taking away options in games is never a good thing
    To get any easier then Pokemon normally is, it would have to become a walking simulator.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    To get any easier then Pokemon normally is, it would have to become a walking simulator.
    Ok, yes, but we want the option to make them harder. We could toggle it off in gen 6 so why not now? There is literally no reason

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody is asking for Pokemon games to become easier. Complaints are frequently in the rather opposite direction, at least having a game setting for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is that they removed the option for no discernable reason. It was already on by default. I played X and Y and Sun and Moon with it off and found the difficulty to be easy but engaging enough. Plus you could toggle it on and off, so if I ever needed to grind I could turn it on for a bit and then turn it back off. I was in control of the experience I wanted to have. Sword and Shield was very easy throughout until they realized that you were going to overlevel Leon by a fuck ton and made his levels jump massively compared to the last gym leader. There's almost a 20 level jump between the 8th gym leader and the League Champion in Sword and Shield. There's only a 10 level jump between the final trial Kahuna and the league champion in Sun and Moon. The game ends up being very unbalanced for most of it and then jumps to an appropriate difficulty at the very end.

Additionally, because of the experience share, you don't really have to use your full team most of the time. In previous games you had to use your whole roster to keep them appropriately leveled, but now you have to occasionally cycle in your Pokemon to keep them completely up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Nobody is asking for Pokemon games to become easier. Complaints are frequently in the rather opposite direction, at least having a game setting for it.
    I get people want "options" but if Souls games get a pass for not having an easy mode option as "developers vision" then shouldn't the opposite apply to a game targeting everything from kids to grandmas?

It seems like a hardcore gamer complaint who would then turn around and absolutely not want an easy mode option in a Souls game to gate keep out "the casuals" so it seems like a massive contradiction to me. Not saying you're one of the people against difficulty options, just saying I know a lot of this crowd would fall in that category.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get people want "options" but if Souls games get a pass for not having an easy mode option as "developers vision" then shouldn't the opposite apply to a game targeting everything from kids to grandmas?

It seems like a hardcore gamer complaint who would then turn around and absolutely not want an easy mode option in a Souls game to gate keep out "the casuals" so it seems like a massive contradiction to me. Not saying you're one of the people against difficulty options, just saying I know a lot of this crowd would fall in that category.
    The difference is that Dark Souls has never had an easy mode (I mean I would argue that summoning is the easy mode of those games considering you don't even have to fight the enemies yourself, but still). We're not asking them to add something to the game, we're asking them to restore functionality that was previously there. Completely different things.
    Last edited by Poppincaps; 2021-10-13 at 08:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was Pokemon ever a hard series of games?

I'm surprised people want options for more grinding. I mean it doesn't make the game harder it just wastes your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I'm surprised people want options for more grinding. I mean it doesn't make the game harder it just wastes your time.
    When I turned the Exp Share off in X/Y and Sun/Moon I never had to do additional grinding. The later games give you so much exp that if you don't turn the exp share off, you'll end up very overleveled. I just ended up being around the same level of the trainers and gym leaders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Was Pokemon ever a hard series of games?
    Hard and Easy are not binary. There are varying degrees of hard and varying degrees of easy. Pokemon was never hard, but it was harder than it currently is.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If you are overleveling that much, you are still grinding.

If you just play the game at the pace intended, you are not overleveled in Sword and Shield. The Exp All in XY and ORAS was not balanced correctly, but it is significantly better in SwSh. It still isn't perfect, but most people who casually played were actually under leveled for Leon.

This is more a user problem than a programming problem now. People who played older games were used to grinding in the game. So they still do some grinding which is why the overlevel. But because they grind so much less, they say "I didn't grind."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    When I turned the Exp Share off in X/Y and Sun/Moon I never had to do additional grinding. The later games give you so much exp that if you don't turn the exp share off, you'll end up very overleveled. I just ended up being around the same level of the trainers and gym leaders.
    This is not actually true. Well, it was true in XY and ORAS, not SM.

And before either of you jump on me. I am for it being a togglable option. There is no reason for it not to be a baked in option. But, I am also tired of people lying about what it did and does.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The difference is that Dark Souls has never had an easy mode (I mean I would argue that summoning is the easy mode of those games considering you don't even have to fight the enemies yourself, but still). We're not asking them to add something to the game, we're asking them to restore functionality that was previously there. Completely different things.
    Pokemon was always easy. Removing an option that makes an easy game.... still easy wouldn't be high on my complaint list. It's literally the same thing Persona, Tales and Final Fantasy all did. You used to have to use your characters in those games to gain xp, now they all do regardless of in active party. I didn't see some massive stink raised about this, because nobody cared. Just seems like Pokemon fans being obnoxious for the sake of it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-10-13 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    This is not actually true. Well, it was true in XY and ORAS, not SM.

And before either of you jump on me. I am for it being a togglable option. There is no reason for it not to be a baked in option. But, I am also tired of people lying about what it did and does.
    I should make it clear that in Sun and Moon I toggled it on and off as appropriate. I didn't keep it off 100% of the time. I wasn't lying, I was talking about my personal experience with the game. I never had to grind in Sun and Moon and I toggled it on and off to keep myself around the same level of the trainers and gym leaders that I was fighting. If I had kept it on 100% of the time I absolutely would've been overleveled.