Page 50 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I legit cannot wait for the day Blizzard introduces non binary and trans options within the character creator. The tears are going to submerge Azeroth.
    There's a compelling argument to be made that this is already in the game since you can go to the barber shop and switch your character's genders.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Blizzard's own response to this specifically mentions that they will not be removing slutmogs:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We also want players to be able to express themselves through their characters, so we don’t intend to change existing player looks or cosmetics. Instead, we want to ensure that we're offering a wide range of options for players to represent themselves.
    To be fair, from the very same post:

Goofy jokes and occasional mature innuendos are part of WoW, and probably always will be.
    Given how many "mature innuendos" have been gutted, I wouldn't put it past them to end up not following through with keeping in slutmogs. Changing those would take a fair bit more time than changing what has, for the most part, been changing little bits of code.

I legit cannot wait for the day Blizzard introduces non binary and trans options within the character creator. The tears are going to submerge Azeroth.
    I legit want to post the meme saying: "if you think pronouns are confusing, wait until you find out about verbs." but I'll resist the urge.

Did you really need to invoke Godwin's Law?

They removed a fucking Jim Carrey reference. Get over it.
    I think he's more referring to the change regarding the NPC in Undercity, and the removal of consorts in Kara.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    To be fair, from the very same post:

Goofy jokes and occasional mature innuendos are part of WoW, and probably always will be.
    Given how many "mature innuendos" have been gutted, I wouldn't put it past them to end up not following through with keeping in slutmogs. Changing those would take a fair bit more time than changing what has, for the most part, been changing little bits of code.
    Or you could, y'know, not create a narrative in your head where Blizzard contradicts its own words to take away something they went out of their way to say they weren't going to touch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I think he's more referring to the change regarding the NPC in Undercity.
    I see that now. The conversation beforehand was in reference to the Ace Ventura stuff. Half a dozen of one, six of another.

How would they differ in appearance to the current options? Seems like the current implementation is already the ideal one.

3+ Year Old Account
    Or you could, y'know, not create a narrative in your head where Blizzard contradicts its own words to take away something they went out of their way to say they weren't going to touch.
    Given that they seem to be currently contradicting some of their own words and given precedent within the western games industry, I wouldn't trust it as a sure bet.

This one's kinda a coin flip, IMO. It would likely require an overhaul of the character creation system as a whole, and I'm not sure they'd be willing to put that much effort into such a niche option, but who even knows at this point. Though I will say that allowing for sex changes at the barbershop instead of it being a paid character service due to such groups is an objectively-positive change. I'm personally fine with more options in general, which is why I found it silly when some people outraged over the extra human customization options in SL being shown off.

I, for one, would love to see how they'd go about modeling androgyny in the more glaringly dimorphic races like draenei and trolls. But I suspect that they'd handwave something like the Serum of Sex Shift from Starfinder for trans characters, lazy though that would arguably be.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I legit want to post the meme saying: "if you think pronouns are confusing, wait until you find out about verbs." but I'll resist the urge.

I see that now. The conversation beforehand was in reference to the Ace Ventura stuff. Half a dozen of one, six of another.
    I mean, it's all just a matter of people getting performatively offended over the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    I’m gay and I thought that was funny :P

(He quoted the Tauren homogenization joke)
    Yeah, I see it now how it looks. It is funny.

I got infracted 15 points for hateful speech.
    My "hateful" speech was calling a group of people imbeciles. That's it.

This is Blizzards logic today - They are going to hire someone to appease equity norms at cost of quality reduction.

I think it's insane, abysmal, beyond re*arded to choose a less qualified worker instead of more qualified one, for no other reason than to fulfil the expectations of equity, regardless of gender, race and sexual orientation.

That means, if you have 80% of qualified engineers, which are women (which is not true by any statistic but I have to say it this way because moderators of this forum are not bright, I have far worse words for them thou), they are going to hire men, which are not qualified (again, not true by any statistic but oh well, moderators) for position that they are less qualified for.

Why? Equity.
    It's irrational.

all this talk about "qualifications" yet no one has at any point quantified or explained what that's supposed to mean in practice. especially in regards to creating and maintaining a video game. keep in mind there is you know, a lawsuit that happened where one of the complaints was the people WHO WERE QUALIFIED for a promotion didn't get one, because reasons.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-10-13 at 07:58 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Same, and then they censor it for china because your favorite woke companies have no real backbone

Blizzard's own response to this specifically mentions that they will not be removing slutmogs:

We also want players to be able to express themselves through their characters, so we don’t intend to change existing player looks or cosmetics. Instead, we want to ensure that we're offering a wide range of options for players to represent themselves.
    Good.

I don't like the whole "women need to be covered up so that men don't get wrong feelings" fad, because that is 1. a religious extremist attitude and 2. blaming sexual harassment on scantly clad women rather than on men.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Same, and then they censor it for china because your favorite woke companies have no real backbone
    The day they introduce it is the day they don't give a fuck about what people think.

As of now they still care about what their conservative player base thinks.

10+ Year Old Account
    give my male clothies the same armor as the female clothies.

#Equality
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

15+ Year Old Account
    The day they introduce it is the day they don't give a fuck about what people think.

As of now they still care about what their conservative player base thinks.
    Man, i wish. I'd love a more balanced approach to western media rather than the woke talking points in everything these days

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is turning in to Tumblr.

Such a shame. I'm happy for anyone who found this stuff offensive enough to stay away though.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You realize other countries censor things as well, right? There are movies banned in parts of Europe for being too gory. The U.S. censors children and teenager shows/cartoons by removing cigarettes and some things being too graphic. Speaking of the U.S., one of the most egregious ones was making the lesbian characters in Sailor Moon sisters or cousins (can’t remember as I never watched the show but just heard about it).
    It’s not a matter of having a backbone or not, it’s a matter of whether Blizzard can sell their product in that country and changing the product to do that, and editing some things is an easy way for them to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by eapoe View Post
    it’s not a matter of having a backbone or not, it’s a matter of whether blizzard can sell their product in that country and changing the product to do that, and editing some things is an easy way for them to do it.
    aka~ c a p i t a l i s m !

I saw people posting about whether they keep the “slutmogs” or not. Then I also saw people posting about non binary and/or trans characters added to the game.
    THEN…my mind went to combining these 2 and I think it would be amazing to see males walking around in the bikini armor, and seeing female characters given the male variants for the same pieces.
    Let the male and female characters have access to all of the hair styles as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    You realize other countries censor things as well, right? There are movies banned in parts of Europe for being too gory. The U.S. censors children and teenager shows/cartoons by removing cigarettes and some things being too graphic. Speaking of the U.S., one of the most egregious ones was making the lesbian characters in Sailor Moon sisters or cousins (can’t remember as I never watched the show but just heard about it).
    It’s not a matter of having a backbone or not, it’s a matter of whether Blizzard can sell their product in that country and changing the product to do that, and editing some things is an easy way for them to do it.
    Having a principled stance you then censor for money means you have no backbone