Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's exactly what some glowing fed sneak would say.

We're onto you! (/s)
    man I wish I was paid to watch people's messed up behavior online. beats having to deal with it in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.

Also, one day the tables might turn.
    So like a teenager going through their rebellious phase then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    You can’t really debate whether the action was appropriate (taking down a website to review its content when the website also included a suicide help number) within the strictures of these debate parameters.

I’ll reserve judgement in this bash-fest on Texas, Republicans, and Abbott until more information comes out about who made the decision and any changes in the website and reporting following content review. I will however note that the website still features a number for Texas Youth Services, obviously able to direct callers to suicide hotline help.
    If you haven't figured out that Greg Abbott(Gov), Dan Patrick(Lt. Gov), and Ken Paxton(State AG) are sociopathic scumbags by now you've not been looking at anything they've done over the past 12 months.

Greg Abbott is complicit in this, as are Dan Patrick and Ken Paxton. Their crusade against marginalized communities has been persistent and ongoing. You being ignorant of this doesn't change the facts.

Now I get that you are likely to be less informed about the leadership of Texas since you're not a resident of this state, but Abbott has been pushing some of this bullshit on national television as well, as have Dan Patrick and Ken Paxton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Yeah, I dont think anyone disagrees that removing a suicide hotline is bad

The specifics or it are what you can really comment but cant due to rules ������
    If you can't comments on it without being transphobic, that is on you, not the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    I wouldn't think you'd approve of my 'community action' more than me just having a dialogue online at occasion...
    "community action". If you're too much of a chicken shit to even write out your fantasy on an online forum, then you're far too much of a chicken shit to ever carry it out. Empty talk mein herr. Sorry, but not sorry at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

To quote the republicans themselves"

"The cruelty is the point"

Is this the, "Unless that explicitly say it, in triplicate, notarized by a public notary, verified in the presence of a federal judge, we just can't make any obvious inferences." defense? Because it sure sounds like it. I guess we can't use any of our critical thinking skills to connect obvious dots.
    Yeah, but even if they did do/find all that but it disagreed with their conspiracy theories they'd just claim is was fake or whatever. These people are Olympic level competitors in mental gymnastics.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Yeah, I dont think anyone disagrees that removing a suicide hotline is bad

The specifics or it are what you can really comment but cant due to rules ������
    I mean, it's pretty obvious that what you can't say is "But I really don't care if transkids kill themselves."

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I mean, it's pretty obvious that what you can't say is "But I really don't care if transkids kill themselves."
    A generous assumption. It's not the only option however, when it comes to, as he said "specifics" of said line. It could be that someone disagrees with removing a suicide hotline for minorities, but would like to tweak, what was it, "specifics" of the assistance provided. Perhaps less towards preventative sort?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    A generous assumption. It's not the only option however, when it comes to, as he said "specifics" of said line. It could be that someone disagrees with removing a suicide hotline for minorities, but would like to tweak, what was it, "specifics" of the assistance provided. Perhaps less towards preventative sort?
    Oh i don't mean to say he can't mean more than that..just that, whatever other specifics he might tack on, not caring about transkids suicides is part of it.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-10-13 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    If you haven't figured out that Greg Abbott(Gov), Dan Patrick(Lt. Gov), and Ken Paxton(State AG) are sociopathic scumbags by now you've not been looking at anything they've done over the past 12 months.

Greg Abbott is complicit in this, as are Dan Patrick and Ken Paxton. Their crusade against marginalized communities has been persistent and ongoing. You being ignorant of this doesn't change the facts.

Now I get that you are likely to be less informed about the leadership of Texas since you're not a resident of this state, but Abbott has been pushing some of this bullshit on national television as well, as have Dan Patrick and Ken Paxton.
    I don't really see productive discourse trying to argue with someone that believes x candidate and y party are sociopathic scumbags or supporters of sociopathic scumbags.

This goes for if you love Abbot and hate Dems (or Huffines etc) or love Beto and hate GOP (hell, I don't even know who the most loved Democratic politician in the state is...) ... or love Matthew Dowd, who popped out into national news running for Texas lieutenant governor.

I'm not a resident of Texas and I don't have to make the informed choice of whether to vote for him or not. It's entirely possible that if I were less ignorant of local Texas politics, I'd have a very different opinion. If I spent today and tomorrow reading up on Abbott's governorship through the years, and thought him a total scumbag afterwards, it wouldn't be the first nor the last Republican on whom I've come to that conclusion.

Dan Patrick and Ken Paxton are probably as well known to me as Rob Bonta and Eleni Kounalakis are to you. I don't really watch national cable news networks, I mostly read newspapers and articles on the national wires and online publications.

Is this the, "Unless that explicitly say it, in triplicate, notarized by a public notary, verified in the presence of a federal judge, we just can't make any obvious inferences." defense? Because it sure sounds like it. I guess we can't use any of our critical thinking skills to connect obvious dots.
    I can't post about all the inferences my critical thinking skills bring up, since this is a banned topic. I think you understand that big point, so I don't fully grasp why you're doing this "notary, verified in federal judge, inferences" song and dance."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    What's there to discuss? It's not up for opinion. From bathroom legislation to sports to schools to just outright vile and hateful statements from elected officials it's a fact that trans people have been targeted. And there is nothing against the rules talking about legislation. And if you want to get into whether trans people are valid, which does violate the rules, you are just being a bigot and just prove the point. So either way...no real room for opinions that aren't just flat out false.

- - - Updated - - -

Yikes. Just...yikes.
    I don't fully hate the mod rules in this forum on this topic due to the faction that says 1) there's nothing to discuss and 2) it's not up for opinion. What's there to discuss with someone that thinks there's nothing to discuss? Why share opinions with someone that thinks it's not up for opinion? To state the obvious, you're comfortable sharing your opinion that there's nothing to discuss and there's no real room for opinions. That's plenty for me to understand your viewpoint.

This might be a getting a tad bit off topic for a point I made abundantly clear, despite all the disagreement. But, you know when you see 8 notifications, you just have to try to give some responses to those who spent the time to quote and reply to my posts.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

It’s crazy to me that this was done for political points. Like what kind of backwards country would this move give you more support?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    It’s crazy to me that this was done for political points. Like what kind of backwards country would this move give you more support?
    the ever shrinking yet ever so demanding voter base that is fueled primarily by spite.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    the ever shrinking yet ever so demanding voter base that is fueled primarily by spite.
    It's like lets just give in to all their views on lgtbq+ people, that its a mental illness or whatever. Is their stance then that lgtbq youths should just kill themselves?

It's like lets just give in to all their views on lgtbq+ people, that its a mental illness or whatever. Is their stance then that lgtbq youths should just kill themselves?
    *leans into the microphone*

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    *leans into the microphone*

yes.
    And this will get them more votes?

when the race is to see who can trigger or upset the libs the most that is the idea, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    I think you understand that big point, so I don't fully grasp why you're doing this "notary, verified in federal judge, inferences" song and dance."
    Because it seems that otherwise, as long as it's only loudly implicitly stated that folks will take them at their word and avoid making the obvious connections given all the broader context about the GOP shitting on marginalized groups for political points with their base.

- - - Updated - - -

Is their stance then that lgtbq youths should just kill themselves?
    Yes, this is precisely their stance.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. But they'll end up with more votes than their opponent. Each member of the LGBTQ+ community that kills themselves is one less vote against them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    So sorry to see that the mod thread warning is stifling the hatemongers ability to hatemonger.
    /s