10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    WHERE'S THE INSERT! SHOW ME THE INSERT! WHAT'S I MADE FROM!

I hear shrieked into a microphone by some overweight, dreadlocked wearing dude who seems like he never even got a GED.
    Pfizer, J&J, and all the others should have their marketing departments shot.

"Schedule your first FREEDOM vaccine! FREEDOM from Covid!"
    "Make sure you get your LIBERTY shot! With Covid GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Qtards would lining up to snort that shit off a shrunken orange mushroom dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/kimberl...nocompromised/

WHO now recommends booster shots. As is expected, name the immuocomprised (this includes those who work/live near them and frontline workers) while holding off on the general population, as expected. Booster shots have always been a thing we knew would happen. The recommendations are in a way to stagger demand and with the waning of intital shots.
    In a couple of months when a lot of the general population is 6 months out you'll see more recommendations.

Anti-vaxxers will say this shows vaccinations don't work while once again telling us all how little they understand the immune system or vaccines. That includes their favorite misuse of 'natural immunity'. =

Last week in the US more people were getting boosters than their normal 1/2. Sadly it's not because most people have been vaccinated.

Want to feel like Superman? In the arms at the very least? Get your COVID and Influenza jab at the same time. See which arm comes out on top.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Want to feel like Superman? In the arms at the very least? Get your COVID and Influenza jab at the same time. See which arm comes out on top.
    Pretty sure they want you to space out those vaccinations, so your immune system can properly respond and recover for each one. In any case it WILL be more important this year to get the flu shot, since you already know plenty of these anti-vaxxers are going to turn their nose up to it as well out of spite. That means it'll spread like wildfire, and we could be looking at people getting the flu and covid at the same time, a very dangerous combination. Also if your immune system is worn down form fighting the flu, you're at greater risk for breakthrough covid.

I mentioned it in the Trump thread but Olivers piece this week on misinformation is about this very thing if you missed it.
    People getting their info from whatsapp and not knowing who Fauci is etc.
    It's frightening.
    This poster is one of many feeding off of it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Pretty sure they want you to space out those vaccinations, so your immune system can properly respond and recover for each one. In any case it WILL be more important this year to get the flu shot, since you already know plenty of these anti-vaxxers are going to turn their nose up to it as well out of spite. That means it'll spread like wildfire, and we could be looking at people getting the flu and covid at the same time, a very dangerous combination. Also if your immune system is worn down form fighting the flu, you're at greater risk for breakthrough covid.
    Consult your doctor first, but I wouldn't have said it if it was unsafe. A number of vaccines can be given simultaneous per CDC guidelines and standard practices. The COVID and flu vaccine are two that can be toleterated simultaneously. If you're from the US and followed your normal vaccination schedule, you've probably received multiple vaccines at one point or another in your lifetime. In the miltary? You might you may get multiple and redudant doses in a jab or series of jabs.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    People getting their info from whatsapp and not knowing who Fauci is etc.
    Is not knowing who he is better or worse than thinking he engineered the virus so that he could take over the world with China, Bill Gates, and George Soros?

Consult your doctor first, but I wouldn't have said it if it was unsafe. A number of vaccines can be given simultaneous per CDC guidelines and standard practices. The COVID and flu vaccine are two that can be toleterated simultaneously.
    That was somewhat expected, but it still had to be investigated - and the results are now in show that to be the case (at least for some covid-vaccines; there are likely additional studies including other vaccines)
    https://cpb-eu-w2.wpmucdn.com/blogs....esults_1.0.pdf

So, both safe and effective to combine.

There were earlier guidelines of not taking other vaccines with covid-19, that was because it hadn't been studied yet.

If you're from the US and followed your normal vaccination schedule, you've probably received multiple vaccines at one point or another in your lifetime. In the miltary? You might you may get multiple and redudant doses in a jab or series of jabs.
    Additionally many vaccines are already a combination - MMR (Measles Mumps Rubella), and Tetanus-vaccines that combine Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis.
    And you can still take them together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Additionally many vaccines are already a combination - MMR (Measles Mumps Rubella), and Tetanus-vaccines that combine Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis.
    And of course most flu shots are trivalent or quadrivalent.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Russia's Ministry of Defense announced today that 98% of it's servicemembers are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you're in a country that considers Russia an adversary, it's notable that militaries in the West with lower vaccination rates are much more at risk and susceptible to forces being depleted by it. Russia's military was very clear that they understood the risks of having large numbers of it's military at risk of becoming ill, and they have done a good job of communicating the importance of it to it's service members.

From NPR.

Study of COVID vaccine boosters suggests Moderna or Pfizer works best

If you got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine as your first COVID shot, a booster dose of either the Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine apparently could produce a stronger immune response than a second dose of J&J's vaccine. That's the finding of a highly anticipated study released Wednesday.

And if you started out with either Pfizer or Moderna, it probably doesn't matter that much, the research suggests, as long as you get one of the two mRNA vaccines as a booster.

The study, which was sponsored by the National Institutes of Health involved 458 volunteers. They were divided into nine groups with roughly 50 volunteers in each group. Those who initially got the two-dose Moderna vaccine got either another Moderna shot, a Pfizer shot or a Johnson & Johnson shot as a booster four to six months after their primary immunization.

People who got the two-dose Pfizer vaccine got either another Pfizer shot or a Moderna or J&J booster. And people who got the one-shot J&J vaccine, either got another J&J shot, or a Moderna or Pfizer booster.

The researchers then measured antibody levels in all those people two weeks and four weeks after the boost. The results were very interesting.

People who got the Moderna vaccine for their original shots and Moderna again for their booster appear to have gotten the best immune response, followed by those who got Pfizer boosted by Moderna and then Moderna boosted by Pfizer — although the increase in immune response with the mRNA vaccines was probably too small to really make a difference in protection in most groups.

The most significant finding suggested that people who initially got the J&J vaccine seem to have gotten the best response if they got Pfizer or Moderna as their booster.

In an email to NPR, Nathaniel Landau, a microbiologist at the New York University Grossman School of Medicine, said the findings show that getting a J&J boost after the initial one-shot immunization is "not as good" as receiving one of other vaccines as a booster. The antibody levels of people in those groups went up 10 to 20 times higher than in those people who got another J&J shot.

And that antibody increase is probably big enough to make a difference in how much better the protection will be, scientists say. How much better isn't known — this study wasn't large enough to determine how much less likely people who subsequently got infected with the coronavirus were to get sick — or how sick they got. But, based on other research, that kind of difference in antibody response probably is enough to offer greater protection.

There are some caveats to this study that make it a little hard to know how to interpret the data. First, the researchers tested full doses of all the vaccines — not the half-dose that Moderna is seeking authorization for in its booster.

Also, researchers measured antibody levels two and four weeks after the booster. So there's a chance antibody levels from a J&J booster could continue to rise with more time. And the scientists are assuming that higher antibody levels translate into more protection. That's probably true, but other factors may also play a role, such as responses by other parts of the immune system.

The researchers also say that their study wasn't designed to compare varying responses among the different booster regimens and that the data set isn't large enough to reach conclusions about one versus the other. Finally, the study findings were posted without peer review on the preprint server medRxiv.

The results don't come as a complete surprise. Something similar was seen in the U.K., when people who got the AstraZeneca vaccine — which is similar to the J&J shot — got boosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Pride View Post
    I guess I am just more skeptical of everything going on. They fired almost 200 nurses near here last month and now they are claiming to be overrun with covid. Vaccinated and non vaccinated are nearly a 50/50 break down for hospitalization (given we are claiming a 70% vaccination rate that is rather damning towards its effectiveness).

I guess I am just tired of people cheering on the destruction of other people's livelihoods at this point. I am nostalgic for the time when they just gleefully wished death on them and left it at that.
    Latest number from Latvia - roughly 87% of hospitalized cases are non-vaccinated (and 80% of infections as such), pretty much similar to everyone else. I really do not know from where you pulled the 50/50 thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    Russia's Ministry of Defense announced today that 98% of it's servicemembers are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you're in a country that considers Russia an adversary, it's notable that militaries in the West with lower vaccination rates are much more at risk and susceptible to forces being depleted by it. Russia's military was very clear that they understood the risks of having large numbers of it's military at risk of becoming ill, and they have done a good job of communicating the importance of it to it's service members.
    Now, if only they could force the rest of the population to do the same... Roughly 660k+ excess deaths and a total yearly death "record" of 997k during the last year compared to the previous ones, population has fallen to the 2000 levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Man, shit's wild. Family member went to the ER to get checked after a nasty fall, while she was waiting apparently a very obese, unvaccinated man came in with heart attack symptoms. She's unfortunately very high risk in multiple categories so noped outta there real quick and just waited outside as the ER waiting room was filling up with folks.

Just like...get your fuckin vaccines. For the sake of everyone else. Folks in the ER don't need to worry if your unvaccinated ass might be bringing in transmissible covid (symptomatic or not) to add one more health complication on top of whatever folks are in the ER for.

As an indication of what covid researchers are going through, a survey of scientists across 5 countries reports that 15% has received death threats, 22% has received threats of physical/sexual violence and 6 respondents had actually been attacked. 60% of them had expressed a greater reluctance to speak to the media as a result of the hostility. Oh, and if you are a white male scientist you get less abuse.

The survey didn't include the US but I'd say those numbers are likely to be even worse there.
    Last edited by Corvus; 2021-10-14 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    As an indication of what covid researchers are going through, a survey of scientists across 5 countries reports that 15% has received death threats, 22% has received threats of physical/sexual violence and 6 respondents had actually been attacked. 60% of them had expressed a greater reluctance to speak to the media as a result of the hostility. Oh, and if you are a white male scientist you get less abuse.

The survey didn't include the US but I'd say those numbers are likely to be even worse there.
    "Question: Have you experienced any of the following negative impacts after speaking to the media, or posting on social media?"

There is your answer, right there

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Yes, it's pretty bad.

One important part of that article, which Nature also highlighted for China-origins is that it's not just "one side":
    Professor Leask points out attackers have strong views, but they don't all come from the same perspective.

"I've been targeted by either end of the vaccination spectrum, from the anti-vax side of things through to the anti-anti-vax side of things."

https://uproxx.com/viral/joe-rogan-h...-sanjay-gupta/

So uh...I guess Joe Rogan got super triggered because people pointed out he took horse dewormer for covid, which does absolutely nothing for covid in the amounts that are safe for humans to take.

Holy shit, what an idiotic snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://uproxx.com/viral/joe-rogan-h...-sanjay-gupta/

So uh...I guess Joe Rogan got super triggered because people pointed out he took horse dewormer for covid, which does absolutely nothing for covid in the amounts that are safe for humans to take.

Holy shit, what an idiotic snowflake.
    to be fair. he took a dewormer yes, but not a horse one. like... I've had to give my dog prednisone, but it doesn't make it a "canine" corticosteroid exclusively. he got a canine dosage from a vet, but prednisone itself is prescribed for humans as well in human doses.

yes, invermectin does nothing against covid, and if Joe by any chance had intestinal parasites, those are probably gone now. but he seems to be angry about implication of taking veterinary meds.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    and if Joe by any chance had intestinal parasites, those are probably gone now.
    This is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Which is him missing the point. People are literally buying this shit from livestock supplies and using it. There are literally shortages that farmers are dealing with. The human dosage shows zero effectiveness against Covid. Him taking ivermectin for covid is like me taking antibiotics for HIV. It’s not relevant to the outcome of the primary medical issue.
    I am perfectly aware. however while he is missing a point when it comes to ivermectin doing jack squat, he still has a case to be angry. say he took a dewormer. say the name of the dewormer. but claiming that he specifically took a horse version is bad reporting that absolutely DOES open them up to a defamation lawsuit.

and yes I understand that it doesn't change the fact that people are taking vet version of it and that him promoting ivermectin for covid is dangerous nonsense. address THAT. news sources can phrase it in a way that does not leave them open to lawsuits or damages their credibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    This is hilarious.
    hey dude's diet is so bonkers (covid and vaccines are not the only things he is frighteningly dumb about FYI), I wouldn't be surprised if he actualy ended up with some worms or something.....