Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    I think Bastion of Twilight is supposed to be under grim batol, the tower is just a really odd teleporter to it.
    It's kinda not though, since you fight outside on the citadel itself when you fight Halfus, and the rest takes place in the tower. Nothing about it is really connected to Grim Batol at all, and GB itself is just delegated to one dungeon. It's a very nice dungeon, but it's definitely not as worthy as a dedicated raid.

I'd even give it credit if Grim Batol were designed as expansive as Blackrock Depths.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Nexus.
    It was originally planned as a raid and had tons of unique weapons made for it but it was scrapped. The weapons were instead made to drop from the dungeon trio outside Icecrown Citadel.
    Loved the design of the dungeon. It was quite creative.

The Arakkoa
    Never understood why we didn't get a full fledged raid with the Arakkoa. There was tons of lore and the story kinda just ended until Hellfire Citadel.

Draktharon Keep or whatever that place was called in Zul Farak.
    Loved the aesthetic of that zone and that dungeon really showed how diverse a troll dungeon or raid could be. Gundrak was originally planned to be a raid, but I would prefer this one instead. Just utilise the zone aesthetic to the fullest. Snow and ruins and those weird thorns and trees that glow blue and purple when burned.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2021-10-13 at 08:16 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Alright, lemme throw a few curveballs.

Jintha'Alor - Arguably the most dungeonlike area in Vanilla that wasn't actually a dungeon. Granted, would need a few creative liberties to make it work, but just working your way up the area would be neat. Then again, with ZA being a thing, I'm not sure how much unique mileage would have come out of it.

Maraudon - To this day, the Earth Song Falls segment is one of my single favorite areas from an aesthetic standpoint in the entire game. And I can't think of any current raids with 2 entrances leading to distinctively different content, that in and of itself would have been something unique.

Oshu'gun - Similar to Jintha'Alor, this area kinda screams dungeon. Plus, it would finally give old Nagrand an instance to join the rest of its Outland bretheren.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    It's kinda not though, since you fight outside on the citadel itself when you fight Halfus, and the rest takes place in the tower. Nothing about it is really connected to Grim Batol at all, and GB itself is just delegated to one dungeon. It's a very nice dungeon, but it's definitely not as worthy as a dedicated raid.

I'd even give it credit if Grim Batol were designed as expansive as Blackrock Depths.
    Outside of halfus' room is just a lava cave.

It definitely never looks like its related to Grim Batol, but it does contain sinestra and the eggs, as well as the red dragon npc who was interested in grim batol.

During BFA more twilight eggs are also unearthed by the stone troggs digging deeper into grim batol.

That said yeah, themeing it more after Grim Batol would have been great, Bastion of Twilight feels so sterile and lifeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    I wish there had been a Sethrak raid. The art and stuff for them was so cool, and so detailed. And it was used in basically 1 dungeon. So much creativity absolutely squandered.
    Agreed. I expected more than a dungeon from their buildup.

Nobodys mentioned Halls of Origination ? I want my damn Egyptian raid!!! and make sure Harrison Jones is front and center. They could have done so much with that concept and art direction.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Nobodys mentioned Halls of Origination ? I want my damn Egyptian raid!!! and make sure Harrison Jones is front and center. They could have done so much with that concept and art direction.
    This too.

We had so much going on in Uldum, it's kinda surprising they didn't flesh out any raid for it. The closest is Throne of the Four Winds and that had absolutely nothing to do with Uldum itself, it was almost a completely separate thing that just happened to be in the same area as Uldum.

The whole Egyptian theme is underutilized IMO, and kinda wasted on Ahn'qiraj.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean is it low hanging fruit to say Shattrath and Farahlon?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Oh yeah, I actually thought of this one before I started writing my last post. I 100% agree with this (though I'd prefer slightly less Harrison Jones), it deserved so much better.

I would of enjoyed a scarlet onslaught raid rather then just memory holing their last strong hold in northrend