Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thelordymir View Post
    But he Tweeted that if you argue with this waste of time then you should go fuck yourself! Obviously you hate trans people if you don't 100% agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    (Yes, I'm saying Des Mephisto is not a reasonable person)
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    This Desmephisto dude or whatever seems really pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Only slowflakes could be offended after such a thing, a pop culture reference.
    I mean... you can only reply to this Des Mephisto's tweets if he tags you in the tweets. That says a lot about the kind of mentality he has if he abstains from seeing anyone's point of view that doesn't agree with him.

Finkle Einhorn the name isn't the joke. The joke from that movie was Ace Ventura's reaction. All the name was was a mix of both names of that trans character before and after their transition. In no way is it anti-trans.

In a way removing the name was more anti-trans.

Finkle Einhorn is about as offensive as Mrs. Doubtfire.

I wonder if there is a "breaking point" for many, and what they would need to change in order to reach it.
    It almost comes across as somewhat offensive itself to think that change of this kind is sufficient to lessen discrimination directed at certain groups of people.

Why do so many trans people think that they have a right to not be the target of jokes? Everyone is a valid target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if it did make fun of trans people why is it not okay to have trans jokes? We have jokes about everyone and every thing trans shouldn't be given special privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Finkle Einhorn the name isn't the joke. The joke from that movie was Ace Ventura's reaction. All the name was was a mix of both names of that trans character before and after their transition. In no way is it anti-trans.

In a way removing the name was more anti-trans.
    lol.........

lmao blizzard must be bored

The Ace Ventura joke wasn't anti-trans. Wth lol?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLucky1 View Post
    This whole thing the last few weeks feels so american.

Can we have a EU client where sexy jokes are okay?
    At this point I want every game with an English localisation/client to have one catered to European tastes/sensibilities and another for American tastes/sensibilities.

Ace ventura is a great movie and the joke is funny.

And what does he mean by trans rights are humans rights? Is saying that people who aren't trans don't get jokes made about them? what the fuck is this logic lol

Imagine being offended by REFERENCE to the COMEDY movie from 90's for TEENAGERS.
    It really looks like they hired person to check every single name, item, achievement etc if any of these are possibly 'bad'... meanwhile bots still got clown fiesta ruining servers economies.
    DesMephisto really impressed me by pumping many warriors records in leveling... but i will not follow him anymore.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-10-14 at 06:35 AM.

You know, changing sexual content and characters looks here and there I can sort of get.

But this is lazy thinking. In the movie Ray Finkle didn't become a presenting women because he felt like he was a woman on the inside, but he was trying to avoid police with a disguise. Here is a quote I found:

"He was the former popular kicker for the Miami Dolphins group, but was ultimately dismissed for costing the team a Super Bowl win, went insane, escaped from Shady Acres mental hospital and performed a sex reassignment surgery to escape the authorities and worked as a senior Miami Police lieutenant under the name of a missing female hiker named Lois Einhorn." that would be from the villain wiki page.

Had it been established that Ray Finkle always wanted to be a woman, didn't feel comfortable in their own body, or hell had a journal entry or anything to reference transgenderism, sure that would be a good move to not reference the movie. But that isn't done here. Instead it is translated as transphobic and therein lies the problem, the nuisance is dead. That is what concerns me the most about these new age of... wokeness? Maligned progressiveness? Blatant lack of basic plot comprehension? No.. let's call a spade a spade, it's stupidity. Pure, unadulterated, stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    All this does is confirm yet again that all the good developers have long left the company, and have been replaced by weak morons who either don't know what they're doing, or don't have their priorities straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    At this point I want every game with an English localisation/client to have one catered to European tastes/sensibilities and another for American tastes/sensibilities.
    To be fair, what you're seeing with the changes to WoW are catering to the extreeeeeme minority of Americans. The average American would think these sorts of changes and their motivations behind them are really dumb regardless of venue, and generally just wants to be left alone to do their own thing. If there is a problem, I'd say the average American has kept themselves a little too far outside of current events and could do more to educate themselves in the current dealings and practice more self-governance. However, that shortcoming is what has kept the madness going for so long.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

You embed a tweet from one of the most entitled, virtue signaling, clout hungry individual, who neither cares nor understands the issue and tells people to f**k off if they think differently than him? Seriously, if you just wrote about the change, it would be enough.

Wow the guy that leveled 50 warriors has bad opinions and is mentally ill, really surprised here
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reasonman View Post
    You know, changing sexual content and characters looks here and there I can sort of get.

But this is lazy thinking. In the movie Ray Finkle didn't become a presenting women because he felt like he was a woman on the inside, but he was trying to avoid police with a disguise. Here is a quote I found:

"He was the former popular kicker for the Miami Dolphins group, but was ultimately dismissed for costing the team a Super Bowl win, went insane, escaped from Shady Acres mental hospital and performed a sex reassignment surgery to escape the authorities and worked as a senior Miami Police lieutenant under the name of a missing female hiker named Lois Einhorn." that would be from the villain wiki page.

Had it been established that Ray Finkle always wanted to be a woman, didn't feel comfortable in their own body, or hell had a journal entry or anything to reference transgenderism, sure that would be a good move to not reference the movie. But that isn't done here. Instead it is translated as transphobic and therein lies the problem, the nuisance is dead. That is what concerns me the most about these new age of... wokeness? Maligned progressiveness? Blatant lack of basic plot comprehension? No.. let's call a spade a spade, it's stupidity. Pure, unadulterated, stupidity.
    You live up to your name.

They were litterally insane and went through everything they did to get revenge on the team..

The type of people who could have been offended by Finkle didn't even exist back then.
    And those who do now, wouldn't even understand the reference.

And is everyone immune to jokes now because of "rights"?

A harmless joke from a funny movie that I'd like to imagine even a trans person would laugh at is just too much for a game like WoW too support. Like, sorry, but if you can't take a joke or you don't allow jokes if it involves, in any way, your sexuality, then that's on you and your fragility. Evidently joke = personal attack, even if it's not directly related to you or a group, or even fucking real because it's a movie. Lol. But whatever I guess any way a company can easily change some irrelevant, minor thing to appear supportive the, uh.. the better
    Last edited by La; 2021-10-14 at 07:30 AM.