Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wouldn’t ”No world buffs” remove a lot of tge community feel?

Hey.

No more scheduled buff drops on discord.

No more massive gatherings in cities.

No more queue lines outside Dire maul.

No more doing ”Rend runs” for the buff.

No more summonings to the flower.

Just feels like a lot of the community and scale of the server pop would disappear without them.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Reminds me of being able to zone into dungeons without the need to be summoned.
    The forced journey to the summoning stone and negotiating who else was closest was a big part of the social interaction of the game. Without that necessity for social interaction you can go a whole dungeon without ever talking to someone.

There are a lot of annoying things in the game that force players to communicate, QoL improvements remove those tedious elements but with that they also remove communication.

Its almost like improvements to the game has an inverse reaction with the playerbase.

Back in vanilla before addons (or before most players used them) players would be posting on zone chat asking questions about where this or that objective was (mankriks wife), the games lack of useful information forced player interaction. When blizzard fixed the UI and updated the quest and zone maps those elements were severely lessened (though at that point just about everyone was using questhelper anyway)

So you are probably right on that. Jank increases player communication.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    There are a lot of annoying things in the game that force players to communicate, QoL improvements remove those tedious elements but with that they also remove communication.

Its almost like improvements to the game has an inverse reaction with the playerbase.

Back in vanilla before addons (or before most players used them) players would be posting on zone chat asking questions about where this or that objective was (mankriks wife), the games lack of useful information forced player interaction. When blizzard fixed the UI and updated the quest and zone maps those elements were severely lessened (though at that point just about everyone was using questhelper anyway)
    Knowledge of the game removed the need of many forms of communication. Most people that play/played/will play Classic already know the game, what needs to be done, where everything is. There is no need to ask when you already know the answer.

World buffs are just an extremely mixed bag and despite being completely unintended summarized a lot of vanilla design aspects

-can be extremely fun
    -can be utterly frustrating
    -can be utterly annoying for farming content
    -breeds a lot of player interaction (both good and bad)

I've seen people suggest that World buffs should be enabled for content of the previous tier, which in my opinion is a decent solution, let people blast through MC with world buffs once BWL is out.

10+ Year Old Account
    That stuff, along with a few other things, is why I never got into classic. I leveled to 60, did dungeons and did MC a few times. Eventually it became a chore to gather up world buffs ahead of raid. Now with TBC released, I find myself playing again and actively raiding every week. With world buffs gone, I'm not expected to play much, so I'm able to raid log and play as I please.

Absolutely less people will be on if world buffs are removed, but the bright side is that you can spend that time doing something else. Does anyone actually enjoy the process of gaining all their world buffs ahead of raid? It's just passive buffs that don't change the gameplay, yet are borderline essential for progression.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I am sad to see world buffs go. Mainly because many people saying they won't play because of the changes.

They could doing it a step further, removing any kind of elixirs and bufffood out of the raids. Just you, your gear and your mana potions.

I think I would have prefered something like:
    - changed world buffs to something all classes benefit from equally, so that warriors are a little less OP.
    - worldbuffs can't be purged/persist through death (because otherwise you can only try twice per night or the bosses are too easy with WBs active)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

It won't be the same without world buffs. The chronoboon was a fantastic change and made the gathering process so much easier. They could've just made further improvements (teleport to king in DMT, repoppable heads, faster songflower respawn...) but ultimately chose to delete a part of the player driven content. These "new boss mechanics" better make the bosses more interesting, because no worlds buffs + more hp sounds like a giant snoozefest. Clearing AQ40 / Naxx without buffs was never hard for a proper raid, it was just incredibly tedious and boring.

Oh yeah, I just love NOT being able to play with my buddies because they just got world-buffs and now can't play their characters for the next three days in order to save their world buffs for raid night.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Oh yeah, I just love NOT being able to play with my buddies because they just got world-buffs and now can't play their characters for the next three days in order to save their world buffs for raid night.
    Why three days?

I always got every thing on the raid day.

Also.. besides grinding for consumables gold, there were nothing to do in classic WoW outside of raid times.

Best changes. Created a meta around raid logging. Or being home for a few hours before raid logging in, getting summoned, logging out, logging on, getting summoned again, logging back out.

Fucking insanely good game play right there. Like bricks that built Rome levels of community. I am sure with all that logging on and off a true society could be built and maintained. Because nothing brings a community together like one person putting in discord "Ony at 12, 5, and 8" and people reading it to log in. That is just.. man.. its like a family to me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Why three days?

I always got every thing on the raid day.

Also.. besides grinding for consumables gold, there were nothing to do in classic WoW outside of raid times.
    No idea to be honest. Maybe they weren't too coordinated with world buffs. They all ended up quitting because they sort of felt like they could only play with world buffs, and their raiding guild wouldn't bring them along if they didn't have them.

So instead of perhaps timing it a bit better so they could play more, they ended up getting their buffs and logging off until raid night.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Best changes. Created a meta around raid logging. Or being home for a few hours before raid logging in, getting summoned, logging out, logging on, getting summoned again, logging back out.

Fucking insanely good game play right there. Like bricks that built Rome levels of community. I am sure with all that logging on and off a true society could be built and maintained. Because nothing brings a community together like one person putting in discord "Ony at 12, 5, and 8" and people reading it to log in. That is just.. man.. its like a family to me now.
    You might see it as a small thing.

But even making a buff drop scheduled or summoning rotation is part of community interactions.

Now in this new season server you never have a reason to talk to anyone beyond your own guild.

There's certainly an element of community around WBs, but none of the things you mention happened in original classic.

Yes some top-end guilds would go get rend and what-not, but the "community world buff scene" existed only in privates/classic.

You might see it as a small thing.

But even making a buff drop scheduled or summoning rotation is part of community interactions.

Now in this new season server you never have a reason to talk to anyone beyond your own guild.
    Yes it will diminish interactions. World buffs were industrialized to such a degree a guy in my guild had a website where people could schedule summonings for different places.

He made millions of gold and had 3-5 people working for him at all times. He probably made a lot of money too selling gold but that's another issue.

The underlying issue this creates is that a lot of people wouldn't be able to log in for days at a time because of the buffs.

If you're logged off you're not interacting with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by NotAvry View Post
    I am sad to see world buffs go. Mainly because many people saying they won't play because of the changes.
    really? dang I'm sorry to hear that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey.

Just feels like a lot of the community and scale of the server pop would disappear without them.
    Nah. Gathering WB was a thing ofc but not for me. It was a bit annoyin. Raid without baffs np for me. Classic on baffs is just clear asap get loot log out w8 till reset ><

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Classic on baffs is just clear asap get loot log out w8 till reset ><
    As it should be.

Raids are just a means to an end for getting gear.

Hey.

No need for alt runs in ony too. Really a raid or die season.