Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Ok, and that's the joke then. A man kisses a guy because he's blindfolded and then he's disgusted when it's taken off and the truth is revealed. What's the problem?
    There's a difference between being like "I did not want this" and extent vomitting sequence. One suggests a it is literally sickening.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not keeping up. Don't strain yourself, this is obviously too much for you.
    Jesus you asked are young men treated trash by our society?

Some are based on immutable characteristics like race.

Try to keep up
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2021-10-14 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    No it wouldn't make me vomit? And no showings displeasure wouldn't make you homophobic. And no refusing to kiss some on isn't homophobic.

You get how "I don't want to kiss a man" and extent vomitting isn't the same thing....
    Exaggeration being used in a comedic movie? This is disgracious!

You get how "I don't want to kiss a man" and extent vomitting isn't the same thing....
    It's a frickin' comedic movie. Sometimes comedy comes from exaggerated situations. It hurts my brain this needs even an explanation.

It's been so long since I watched the original Ace Ventura, that I it never occurred to me that Finkle Einhorn was a reference to that movie, I always thought it was a neat gnome name. Now I know, and I guess I am supposed to be furious?...

grrr

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    So if I blindfolded you and asked you to kiss someone and you later found out it was another man, regardless of his sexual preference. That wouldn't in the slightest make you vomit a little? the fact you kissed a man while being straight? wake up. Yet you couldn't show your displeasure as it would make you homophobic. LMAO

Hell maybe we can't even refuse to kiss another man as he could be gay and that would make us homophobic, shit!
    You have some serious issues if you are that afraid of kissing men that much. You seem to be a very unsure person that probably has a lot of inner turmoil regarding your sexuality.
    Also what are you afraid of? Exchanging germs? What is so vomitinducing about a kiss?

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    For starters, I take issue with the notion that Einhorn "wasn't actually trans" in the first place. The movie never actually presents the idea that Finkle is "pretending", the only justification we get for the 'fake trans' angle is Ace himself calling Einhorn "a man". Unless there's word-of-god floating around that says otherwise, the only source of Einhorn not being a "real woman" comes from a character in-universe who, let's be real, isn't exactly a moral paragon.

Secondly, even if we concede that Einhorn was a man... vomiting uncontrollably because you accidentally kissed someone of the same gender is not a normal, balanced response.
    "Oh god I accidentally did a gay thing. I'm going to vomit for five minutes now" isn't exactly better than what I initially presented.
    Comedy movie from the 90s. If you don't find it funny, don't watch. That simple. If you don't agree, you don't agree. People have different views on what's funny and acceptable. Accept that and live on. Useless to spend your energy trying to persuade one another lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    Exaggeration being used in a comedic movie? This is disgracious!
    It's a frickin' comedic movie. Sometimes comedy comes from exaggerated situations. It hurts my brain this needs even an explanation.
    Exaggeration in this case makes the joke transphobic..... It hurts my brain having to explain this

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    So?

Some of those people are only doing it because they think it's trendy. Some people only do it for nefarious reasons. Shouldn't those people be called out for it just because they happened to become trans in the process?
    There. That. That's exactly why it's transphobic. You're literally sat here saying "Some trans people aren't REAL trans people. They're faking it for sinister reasons!"

That is transphobic. Insisting that some trans people are only in it for evil reasons.

Ah a lot of people really shouldn't be giving takes on art work. They are just... not perceptive enough to truly appreciate art and jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    This is nothing more than a feeble attempt at handwaving away the criticism made of your stance.

Was it a problem? A problem made by whom?

"Society has been evolving ever since" Handwaving again.

As I said in my first post here, your stance is an example of consensus falsification.

And if you want a counter argument on the jokes issue, i'll just reiterate what's often said in the comedian circles. Do you want your group to be normalized or do you want it to be special? Because there's nothing more normalizing than being made fun of.
    Go ahead and google it. There's plenty information about it. But something tells me you won't because you'd rather excuse fucked up comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    There. That. That's exactly why it's transphobic. You're literally sat here saying "Some trans people aren't REAL trans people. They're faking it for sinister reasons!"

That is transphobic. Insisting that some trans people are only in it for evil reasons.
    Ah so Ray Finkle was, in fact, trans then?

Exaggeration in this case makes the joke transphobic
    Who made you the authority on that?

Exaggeration in this case makes the joke transphobic.....
    The joke is his reaction - because it's unexpected.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    You have some serious issues if you are that afraid of kissing men that much. You seem to be a very unsure person that probably has a lot of inner turmoil regarding your sexuality.
    Also what are you afraid of? Exchanging germs? What is so vomitinducing about a kiss?
    Ah yes, despite me saying how much I wouldn't enjoy kissing a guy you think I have inner turmoil because apparently, I want to kiss a guy? what kind of fucked up logic is that? I'm not saying I would literally vomit but we're talking about a movie, a comedic movie at that where for the most part shit gets exaggerated yet people are talking about this like it was a real life thing that actually happened.

His reaction is transphobic since it literally suggests kissing a trans woman is sickening

- - - Updated - - -

Who made you the authority on that?
    I have a brain and critical thinking. Hard to relate I know.

If he needs a joke explained to him, I don't think he'll follow you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    If the only way you can make a joke is by making another group of people a mockery, you're not funny.
    According to who? You?

Yeah, after reading the things you wrote, you really must be the life of any party...

Straight men aren't attracted to men. You do know this, right? Right?
    Dude, you can kiss someone you're not attracted to and not vomit yourself inside out. You know that's an option, right? Right?

I have a brain and critical thinking.
    I doubt it since you didn't even understand the question.

Captain Grim's video deserves more appreciation. Too bad it got lumped with yet another one of Blizzards ''troublesome'' change..