Captain Winky and Oralius Transphobic Jokes

They recently changed the name of Finkle Einhorn, because it was a reference to a transphobic scene in Ace Ventura.

And rightly so.

If you find anything disgusting about a man kissing a woman with a penis, you are a bigot.

But I think Blizzard overlooked something.

There is a character called Oralius in the Burning Steppes, who references a friend "Captain Winky". Captain Winky is what Ace Ventura mentions upon discovering that the woman in the movie has a penis.

".... thats why Roger Padactor is dead, he found Captain Winky!"

This is likely also a reference to that same transphobic scene. In addition to that, the character in the game seems to be imaginary therefore can not be seen. Remains hidden. Possibly like the penis of the woman in that movie.

Also, the character's name "Oralius" could be a reference to oral sex.

If you look up the wowhead entry, you'll find tons of comments making the same connection to the movie and that scene.

wowhead (dot) com (slash) npc=48546 (slash) captain-winky

Removal of these things only draws more attention to it, unsure if it's helping anyone in the long run.

But hey, I'm sure Wow devs don't have many players left to lose anyway KEKW

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    They recently changed the name of Finkle Einhorn, because it was a reference to a transphobic scene in Ace Ventura.

And rightly so.

If you find anything disgusting about a man kissing a woman with a penis, you are a bigot.

There is a character called Oralius in the Burning Steppes, who references a friend "Captain Winky". Captain Winky is what Ace Ventura mentions upon discovering that the woman in the movie has a penis.

This is likely also a reference to that same transphobic scene. In addition to that, the character in the game seems to be imaginary therefore can not be seen. Remains hidden. Possibly like the penis of the woman in that movie.

If you look up the wowhead entry, you'll find tons of comments making the same connection to the movie and that scene.

Maybe find some people who care. I think most people are sick to death of this cancel culture shit catering to the weakest and most entitled players.

And rightly so.

You obviously have no consideration for cis gender humans. If i kissed and made out with a woman and later found out it was a man i'd be disgusted... calling me a bigot because I don't like the idea of kissing someone of the same sex makes you a bigot. Get a life and stop cancelling other people to make yourself feel righteous..

EDIT: So many new mmochamp forum posters man... these people are coming out to try and cancel everyone now that they have free reign to do so! Don't let these people bully you. Stand up for what you believe!

Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    Maybe find some people who care.
    That's why I made this thread. Well done, you got it.

- - - Updated - - -

I think most people are sick to death of this cancel culture shit catering to the weakest and most entitled players.
    I don't want anyone to be canceled, I just want a transphobic reference to be changed, so that the game becomes more inclusive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SounDz View Post
    You obviously have no consideration for cis gender humans. If i kissed and made out with a woman and later found out it was a man
    Trans women are women.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe find some people who care. I think most people are sick to death of this cancel culture shit catering to the weakest and most entitled players.
    u mean this won't fix the actual problem of low payment overworking hours massive bonus to ceo equal to almost half of staff salary in entire year COMBINED? blasphemy
    didn't u see ppl complain about captain winky? no really did u see anyone complain about that fucking bullshit they removing in first place, because i follow wow news daily and i'm sure as fuck didn't
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

And rightly so.

Why is making fun of something means it’d instantly “-phobia”? Why can’t we just make fun, because the jokes are there? I don’t get upset for people making fun of me being bi, white, male, etc.

Today somebody put down a Boiled Dragon meat feast in a BG. This offends me since I am vegan. Why am I misrepresented? I demand all WoW food changed to vegan recipes!

That's why I made this thread. Well done, you got it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want anyone to be canceled, I just want a transphobic reference to be changed, so that the game becomes more inclusive.

- - - Updated - - -

Trans women are women.
    You are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Why is making fun of something means it’d instantly “-phobia”? Why can’t we just make fun, because the jokes are there? I don’t get upset for people making fun of me being bi, white, male, etc.
    Because the "fun" comes from saying trans women are disgusting, to the point where someone would puke, have to scrub his mouth, burn his clothes and cry in the shower upon discovering the woman he has kissed was born in the body of a man.

The joke is about pointing and laughing at trans people and how disgusting they are.

Trans women are women.
    There are only 2 genders.

If it can not deliver a baby, then it’s not a woman.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    Today somebody put down a Boiled Dragon meat feast in a BG. This offends me since I am vegan. Why am I misrepresented? I demand all WoW food changed to vegan recipes!
    As a meat eater, your oppressive need to hide my meat is upsetting my need to be inclusive. Vegans want us meat eaters gone and I can’t tolerate such hate. I demand all vegan food removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    This is actually a good argument. If you are vegan, you view animals as equal to humans and view eating animals as equal to cannibalism. A cooking profession with recipes for food made with the dead bodies of animals is trying to normalize carnivorism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    There are only 2 genders.
    That does not contradict the existence of trans women.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    If it can not deliver a baby, then it’s not a woman.
    So infertile women are not women? Women who had their tubes tied are not women? Elderly women are not women?

Your definition is heavily flawed.

Because the "fun" comes from saying trans women are disgusting, to the point where someone would puke, have to scrub his mouth, burn his clothes and cry in the shower upon discovering the woman he has kissed was born in the body of a man.

The joke is about pointing and laughing at trans people and how disgusting they are.
    Right? I don’t see a problem. I do that, people do it to me, it’s called a joke. Don’t take everything so serious, I know I don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    As a meat eater, your oppressive need to hide my meat is upsetting my need to be inclusive. Vegans want us meat eaters gone and I can’t tolerate such hate. I demand all vegan food removed.
    Meat is murder. It's the ultimate bigotry.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are other threads—still on the first page of thread listings that are dealing with stuff renamed and removed. We don't need to have individual threads for every single thing discovered.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."