Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unixx0rn View Post
    ... to you.
    To any sane member of society. Anyone who thinks you should be allowed to murder someone for...well any reason in general needs to be locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    That's not grounds for murder. Getting upset and telling them off? Fine. But physical assault and murder? Fuck no.
    Yeah murder is like 10 steps too far, but i would have punched the person too if i was being led on for a prolonged time. Imagine dating someone for weeks or months and *bam* comes the schlong.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Yeah murder is like 10 steps too far, but i would have punched the person too if i was being led on for a prolonged time. Imagine dating someone for weeks or months and *bam* comes the schlong.
    I wouldn't get physically violent over it, but I definitely think there should be a discussion over how deception in sexual and romantic situations shouldn't be tolerated. But you won't get to have that discussion because all of it will be stifled by "OH SO YOU THINK TRANSWOMYN SHOULD BE LITURALLY MURDERED THEN HUH?"

I said it was punching down because that is the terminology I'm familiar with that I've been told by my friends who are part of marginalized groups. If it comes off as me saying white people are superior, that is not my intention at all. So if there is better terminology, then I'm all ears. I was more just trying to point out that people who are not marginalized mocking marginalized groups is fucked up.
    I would say that if they feel it's "punching down" then they may actually feel inferior, which is giving them issues with laughing at themselves. I would say that they are just not ready to face that comedy yet, maybe they are still struggling with the experiences that led them to where they are.

I'm probably the wrong person to ask. I don't see the world and interact with it the same way your friends do. While I wouldn't sit through a comedian doing a whole set about gay people because that's just clearly showing a bias; comedians can have bits and if you can sit and laugh along with the bits they have about all groups of people, when they get to your specific group and you take offense that to me says it's a you (not you obviously) problem.

Modern comedy is meant to challenge us, what can and can't you laugh at. If the reason you can't laugh anymore is because when the jokes turn to your group, that's the challenge, that's when you look inwards, the issue isn't on the stage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Do fat people not go through shit? maybe we should stop movies making jokes about weight right? when the actual fuck have you ever heard of a case of transphobic hate being brought about because someone watched Ace Ventura?
    1. weight is something you can change, just like your hair, or your teeth but you cant change what you are inside
    2. yes, fucking of fucking course yes, have you seen this thread? People are saying to kill trans people, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Employees write demands list for a better workplace: I sleep
    The past needs some scrubbing: real shit

You're gaslighting me if you have a different opinion, which btw is transphobic, homophobic, globephobic and most importantly not my opinionphobic.

People have different opinions and reactions you really think crying on a gaming forum is going to change peoples minds?
    Last edited by Chucknourishlol; 2021-10-14 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I wouldn't get physically violent over it, but I definitely think there should be a discussion over how deception in sexual and romantic situations shouldn't be tolerated. But you won't get to have that discussion because all of it will be stifled by "OH SO YOU THINK TRANSWOMYN SHOULD BE LITURALLY MURDERED THEN HUH?"
    Honestly, outside of the especially crazy twitter microbubble, the trans community at large thinks that informing their partner before things get sexual is super important, and I've never met someone who thinks that refusing to date a trans person is transphobic.

I don't doubt that there's Twitter screenshots out there of dumdums insisting that everyone should be forced to date trans people, but I assure you they're a vanishingly small fraction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said it was punching down because that is the terminology I'm familiar with that I've been told by my friends who are part of marginalized groups. If it comes off as me saying white people are superior, that is not my intention at all. So if there is better terminology, then I'm all ears. I was more just trying to point out that people who are not marginalized mocking marginalized groups is fucked up.
    There we go. I knew it. You found the sample group that corroborates your arguments
    Last edited by Grimbold21; 2021-10-14 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    I've personally never met a person who lies about it for THAT long. It's something that's only used as a plot point for unneeded drama. Every trans person I have ever met always makes it known IMMEDIATELY. Also, violence really shouldn't be the answer in such a situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I would say that if they feel it's "punching down" then they may actually feel inferior, which is giving them issues with laughing at themselves. I would say that they are just not ready to face that comedy yet, maybe they are still struggling with the experiences that led them to where they are.

I'm probably the wrong person to ask. I don't see the world and interact with it the same way your friends do. While I wouldn't sit through a comedian doing a whole set about gay people because that's just clearly showing a bias; comedians can have bits and if you can sit and laugh along with the bits they have about all groups of people, when they get to your specific group and you take offense that to me says it's a you (not you obviously) problem.

Modern comedy is meant to challenge us, what can and can't you laugh at. If the reason you can't laugh anymore is because when the jokes turn to your group, that's the challenge, that's when you look inwards, the issue isn't on the stage.
    There are plenty of ways to make jokes about people that doesn't belittle them. John Mulaney does it all the time. He's not gay but has made gay jokes that NEVER come off as belittling or anything negative. It's all about phrasing, attitude, and the language you use. A prime example of a comedian just being mean spirited is Dave Chappelle.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so should we add black faced characters with bright red lips because its a reference to how loony toons used to do so back in the day?
    Personally it would not matter to me what kind of characters do games/movies/cartoons/books have.
    I am totally fine with anyone/anything because these universes ARE IMMAGINARY.
    Stop forcing real world problems to these non-real worlds.

References can be outdated, jokes can be outdated.
    Yeah... exactly... so why do they change it?
    These are outdated so move on and let history be TRUE history.

1. weight is something you can change, just like your hair, or your teeth but you cant change what you are inside
    Beig fat/fit is bad example and you can change it, yes.
    But what about being bullied as being short?

2. yes, fucking of fucking course yes, have you seen this thread? People are saying to kill trans people, my dude.
    Huh? Where?
    Examples?
    Report these toxic clowns and move on if it is true?

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Let's see. People who are offended by something that is cringeworthy and blatantly transphobic, or people who are offended because some pixels got changed.

I think I know who the bigger baby there is.
    Grow a thicker skin.

In all seriousness, the Finkle Einhorn joke it's not, was never, and never will be transphobic. In this game, or in the original movie the joke references. Finkle Einhorn is just an NPC. who references the Ace Ventura movie. And the whole "Finkle and Einhorn" back in the original Ace Ventura movie was not transphobic, much less "blatantly" so.

Ace Ventura's reaction at finding out that the "woman" who made out with him was actually a guy is believable, despite being exaggerated for laughs. Straight men with zero attraction to males would feel disgusted at finding out they were tricked into kissing another man. Just like straight women who feel zero attraction to other women would feel disgusted at finding out they were tricked into kissing another woman.

Are you saying that being disgusted and/or betrayed for being tricked into making out with someone of the same gender as you when you have zero interest in members of your own gender is "blatantly transphobic" now? I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    Honestly, outside of the especially crazy twitter microbubble, the trans community at large thinks that informing their partner before things get sexual is super important, and I've never met someone who thinks that refusing to date a trans person is transphobic.

I don't doubt that there's Twitter screenshots out there of dumdums insisting that everyone should be forced to date trans people, but I assure you they're a vanishingly small fraction.
    It's not about forcing, that is a whole can of worms in itself.

It's about not mentioning the fact that you are trans before you engage in sexual relations with people. I'm not saying anyone should be murdered over it (the list of things that make murder justifiable is vanishingly small to me anyway), but it can all the same be deception and false pretense.

I'm sorry, are you taking my baldness not seriously? I can't change my hair, I DON'T have hair, and I find offensive that you think it's something you "can change". Also, why should I change it?
    Everyone should find it attractive, just like a big mane.
    Also I find it that society discriminate us bald people:
    - You barely see any bald models.
    - Almost all heoric characters have good, strong hair. When it's not the case, it's usually depicted as a joke.
    - If you see a balding character, most of the time is a bad person, or morally gray.

ya guess if someone is happy with themselves but others don't like it, it's ok make fun of them as long as you can change it.

/s

Not just that, but naturally since you dont want a transwomyn excavating your butt you're naturally a transphobe and should just die.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    ya guess if someone is happy with themselves but others don't like it, it's ok make fun of them as long as you can change it.

/s
    well no, its more so allowable in comedy to make fun of people for something they can change, then something they cant.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It's not about forcing, that is a whole can of worms in itself.

It's about not mentioning the fact that you are trans before you engage in sexual relations with people. I'm not saying anyone should be murdered over it (the list of things that make murder justifiable is vanishingly small to me anyway), but it can all the same be deception and false pretense.
    Oh for sure. The "informed" part of "informed consent" is important as hell. That's why every single trans person I've ever spoken to agrees that telling a prospective partner before getting sexual is super important.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    I'm sorry, are you taking my baldness not seriously? I can't change my hair, I DON'T have hair, and I find offensive that you think it's something you "can change". Also, why should I change it?
    Everyone should find it attractive, just like a big mane.
    Also I find it that society discriminate us bald people:
    - You barely see any bald models.
    - Almost all heoric characters have good, strong hair. When it's not the case, it's usually depicted as a joke.
    - If you see a balding character, most of the time is a bad person, or morally gray.
    You make Patrick Stewart sad.

well no, its more so allowable in comedy to make fun of people for something they can change, then something they cant.
    maybe gay people should force themselves to have straight sex (hey they may hate it and themselves for it, but they can physical do it to keep from getting picked on right)....

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    Oh for sure. The "informed" part of "informed consent" is important as hell. That's why every single trans person I've ever spoken to agrees that telling a prospective partner before getting sexual is super important.
    But I think this is also the entire crux of the thing. Regardless of whether you think the character the movie makes fun of is trans or a crossdresser or whatever, the point is that Jim Carrey's character couldn't give informed consent because he had no idea of the real identity, so when he found out, he was disgusted. This is heavily exaggerated, of course, but it's the same basis.

Similarly, take a lesbian, blindfold her and let a straight man kiss her, then take off the blindfold and reveal it was a straight man. It wouldn't be any type of phobic for her to be disgusted and angry.