Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It's funny how Superman is the one Illegal Alien they think is ok. And now he's got an anchor baby kid and the only thing they care about is that he's bi.
    Superman is totes not political, it's only about an illegal alien who is feared by governments and has an arch nemesis who is a billionaire who wants uses money and power to kill him because he isn't one of us. By golly gee I don't any politics at all here, you know as much as I bash the new writers it's obvious subtlety doesn't work on a lot of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Can you give a single example? The popular classics I've seen appeal to universal human interests/values and not to government/partisan politics...
    I guarantee you'd be hard-pressed to name any classic literature that doesn't speak to some level of politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Superman is totes not political, it's only about an illegal alien who is feared by governments and has an arch nemesis who is a billionaire who wants uses money and power to kill him because he isn't one of us. By golly gee I don't any politics at all here, you know as much as I bash the new writers it's obvious subtlety doesn't work on a lot of people.
    Lex Luthor doesnt hate Superman cuz he is an illegal alien or whatnot, he hates superman cuz he WANTS to be superman

Its still a very clear message, like narcissistic billionaire thinks of himself as a superior being and cannot stand anyone being better than him at anything.

Superman is still about immigration however, that has been its conception so yeah anyone complaining about superman from that angle clearly hasnt read their fair share of comics xd

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It's funny how Superman is the one Illegal Alien they think is ok.
    He's from a small Norwegian town called Krypton.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Lex Luthor doesnt hate Superman cuz he is an illegal alien or whatnot, he hates superman cuz he WANTS to be superman

Its still a very clear message, like narcissistic billionaire thinks of himself as a superior being and cannot stand anyone being better than him at anything.

Superman is still about immigration however, that has been its conception so yeah anyone complaining about superman from that angle clearly hasnt read their fair share of comics xd
    Not just immigration. Being Different. Being an "Outsider".

that's just society progressing? I mean you still have a market for cringe right wing points of view in films, TV, music and video games... I mean if you want something to be devoid of politics IDK watch blues clues or something else aimed at toddlers... oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The count of Monte Cristo, Romeo and Juliette, 1984, the invisible man, Huckleberry Finn, The Republic, Animal Farm I can go on and on but my god I would have hated to be any of your literature teachers.
    Homeschooled, with the option to tell his mom nah at anything to not have to learn it. At least based on what he claims his belief's he learned that somewhere, and I'm guessing young.

Anyways OT most of the people I see crying about it when it's dealing with social issues anyways are just bigots. In like actual political messaging, anti or pro-government or whatever, It really depends on how it's written, acted, sung, like if it's good it's good, if not, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I guarantee you'd be hard-pressed to name any classic literature that doesn't speak to some level of politics.
    for god sakes even Dante's divine comedy was a big ol middle finger to politicians in Florence.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Superman being bi annoyed me not because he is bi but because they made his partner a random pink haired weirdo and not batmans son :/
    heck similar to the jane "thor" thing most people bitching about bi superman don't even know its jon not clark

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure you're well aware you can't open this thread in Cinema, but that doesn't mean you can open it here. GenOT/Pol is not the place to debate the content of entertainment.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."