Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Found the first ones!

The two hooded figures on the dark portal.

The Azerothian Dark portal has an Ouroboros on the top side.

Oribos is named after the Ouroboros and was created by the first ones.

So what if this is a hint that those two figures are the first ones and they have been watching us this entire time

10+ Year Old Account
    Except the Dark Portal Frame is Orc/Manmade.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Well the dark portal was created between the combined efforts of mediv and Guldan, both extremely powerful individuals tampering in cosmic forces.

Perhaps they triggered something.

I mean having an Ouroboros on the DP and then creating all this First Ones lore inspired by the Ouroboros can't just be a coincidence... Right?

Following the Dreadlord retcon we got the closest to an explanation for them, which is that they're artistic depictions of Denathrius, which is why you also see the same type of statue in Revendreth.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Following the Dreadlord retcon we got the closest to an explanation for them, which is that they're artistic depictions of Denathrius, which is why you also see the same type of statue in Revendreth.
    But then why hav the Ouroboros on the DP?

7+ Year Old Account
    That's quite the... Artistic liberty
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    But then why hav the Ouroboros on the DP?
    except its not ouroboros (snake on DP isnt eating its own tail, but is just lashimg out)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the dark portal was created between the combined efforts of mediv and Guldan, both extremely powerful individuals tampering in cosmic forces.

Perhaps they triggered something.

I mean having an Ouroboros on the DP and then creating all this First Ones lore inspired by the Ouroboros can't just be a coincidence... Right?
    I meant they were literally constructed by hand though and even if their magic meddling influenced the design they dabbled in Arcane and Fel which have been distinctly lacking in First One references or even knowledge and one side of the Dark Portal is literally adorned with a Dragon's Head (in particular the side that dealt with the ritual and soul sacrifice to open).
    Plus you're assuming they put any thought into the First Ones further than "they started everything" and using the Ouroboros imagery and associated mythological reasoning to reference how they're the 'beginning and end" of everything in this expansion.

Danuser probably didn't even think twice about having them copy the snake as a flat emblem despite it making little sense.

Edit: Actually @Super Dickmann does make a good point, with the Dreadlords behind everything retcon there is a possible connection to be made. Though you would question why they chose to celebrate the First Ones with their symbolism despite actively working against them and how for that matter did they explain to Sargeras (who was possessing Medivh) that it was important that the gate needed a big snake and two random statues added to it, especially after the spiky version worked as intended in the first place.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2021-10-14 at 03:34 PM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubtful because those shrouded figures were made at a time the First Ones existed(Same with Shadowlands even existing at that time). Nice thought though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So what if this is a hint that those two figures are the first ones and they have been watching us this entire time
    Title: "I totally discovered this here thing!!!"
    Thread: "Could this here thing be that there thingie?"

Please, don't make clickbaits like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    That's quite the... Artistic liberty
    It's more apparent in the stained glass picture in Nathria right before his room. It looks a lot like the statues in Revendreth, which are themselves riffs on the original Dark Portal statue.

@Varx

Out of story because the current writers weren't in-charge and hadn't invented the First Ones yet and the original writers just designed the gate to look cool, without any of its components meaning anything. In-story and piggybacking off of @Darknessvamp the ouroboros is a recurrent symbol both with it and with Oribos and is associated with things that have planar travel in them.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-10-14 at 04:01 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

It's entirely possible that they're all dead. The Sepulchre of the First Ones could be interpretted, with it'S literal meaning in mind. A monument, in which the dead are burried.

Wouldn't that be a twist? xD

Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    It's entirely possible that they're all dead. The Sepulchre of the First Ones could be interpretted, with it'S literal meaning in mind. A monument, in which the dead are burried.

Wouldn't that be a twist? xD
    Given that we got dicked out of that plotline with the Titans since they were only dead in side materials and were back to life by the time we met them, this'd be a good take. It'd also help not to demistify their Ersatz-Titans in the same expansion they introduced them.

Given that we got dicked out of that plotline with the Titans since they were only dead in side materials and were back to life by the time we met them, this'd be a good take. It'd also help not to demistify their Ersatz-Titans in the same expansion they introduced them.
    Well assuming they are indeed dead, which is quite likely, considering the sepulcher. I'd guess the reason for their demise is their great work. As they destroyed the natural order of the cosmos to create their neat little corners, they gave their essence in order to create the boundaries of these planes.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Well assuming they are indeed dead, which is quite likely, considering the sepulcher. I'd guess the reason for their demise is their great work. As they destroyed the natural order of the cosmos to create their neat little corners, they gave their essence in order to create the boundaries of these planes.
    That'd be a good way to go about it and avoid featuring them in person, it'd also gel with the mention in that tie-in book recently that the Sepulchre is just one of several keystones. We know that there were Shadowlands before the Eternal Ones popped along since everything from Marasmius to those forges in Maldraxxus allude to it. It'd make sense for the current mechanistic version to be applied from the outside whereas before it was more like individual fiefdoms.

Nah the Hooded Figures are Maldraxxians

5+ Year Old Account
    The two hooded figures on the dark portal.

The Azerothian Dark portal has an Ouroboros on the top side.

Oribos is named after the Ouroboros and was created by the first ones.

They are Everliving! Evil creatures, not The First Ones. Just liars and the Jailer’s masters!

Aw, I thought you were going to say they were under the couch the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    You see those same things everywhere. Hell, the Dark Portal legit has a snake that represents Infinity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    They are Everliving! Evil creatures, not The First Ones. Just liars and the Jailer’s masters!
    "The Jailer's Masters"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    You see those same things everywhere. Hell, the Dark Portal legit has a snake that represents Infinity.

- - - Updated - - -

"The Jailer's Masters"

Yes! Oh hello there, haven’t seen you for ages.

An Ouroboros has many symbolic meanings. One of them is the infinity of the Cosmos. I remember something being said about the serpent eating the stars. I’m not sure if it refers to this one, but it makes a lot of sense. Collapsing stars turn into Void and the cycle repeats. From light comes darkness and from darkness light. Pretty much what Alodi said. Anyways, I found First Ones at first a long time ago. I know who they are. One of them just simply told me when we played battle pets together.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-10-18 at 04:16 AM.