Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    was doing the act 2 quest gathering horadic staff parts.

Doing the maggot lair over and over when getting to level 3 of the maggot lair AFTER finding said lair and literally getting within eyesight of the golden chest to be disconnected. Did it legit 3 times and made me want to throw something.

Especially when those tunnels are so skinny so you cant just boost your way there and have to clear mobs to get through the tunnels.

Immensely frustrating
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    People dont farm different today than they did before d2r. Its not a mystery how long games took or were run. Im sure they more than had the resources to host a million players per a region and couldof scaled back instead of up to avoid this.
    Yes they do, the far easier access to information on how to farm quickly and which bosses changed forever how farm runs were done, streamers also play a part in the easier flow of information and you can bet your ass the players follow the streamers farming styles and spots. (Get with the meta or GTFO as they put it.)

This never really occurred back in 2001 mostly due to how immature the internet was and how little information was freely available.

Also something else to consider is just how much larger the player base is for D2R over OG DII and the fact far more people are forced to use Blizzard servers, also how many people have better internet access now than in 2001, I know for a fact I never used battle net back in 2001 simply due to 46k/56k dial up. (I know I'm not the only one either who was limited to local lan games.)

You are right that they should have known their servers were inadequate but they couldn't have know by how much.
    Last edited by Addiena; 2021-10-15 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Who is VV?, and how incompetent and lazy has Blizzard become that they cant even remaster there own 20 year old game...
    TBF, AcitBlizz merged VV into blizzard at the start of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Yes they do, the far easier access to information on how to farm quickly and which bosses changed forever how farm runs were done, streamers also play a part in the easier flow of information and you can bet your ass the players follow the streamers farming styles and spots. (Get with the meta or GTFO as they put it.)

This never really occurred back in 2001 mostly due to how immature the internet was and how little information was freely available.
    2001 is irrelevant when original d2 was still live and running in 2021 before the remaster launched. They could have just looked there to see how people are playing the game these days. Being surprised people are farming pindle over and over means they haven't even played their fucking game.

Also something else to consider is just how much larger the player base is for D2R over OG DII and the fact far more people are forced to use Blizzard servers, also how many people have better internet access now than in 2001, I know for a fact I never used battle net back in 2001 simply due to 46k/56k dial up. (I know I'm not the only one either who was limited to local lan games.)

You are right that they should have known their servers were inadequate but they couldn't have know by how much.
    2001 xD

You are way ahead of your time, I see.

Look, a lot of the info is more readily available, though all currently existing sources, existed back then as well and much of the info is the same. By the time D2 came out, basically everyoneh ad internet, but in the last 30 guides from mrllamasc, I have literally learned 2 new things, of which 1 has no bearing on what I would be doing in the game. Nothing has changed, however, more people now understand MF, understand frames and breakpoints, etc ,etc. However, pindleruns have always been a thing, they have always lasted barely 20 seconds, people are still doing the same rotation when farming for gear. Nothing has changed.

What has changed, as you correctly suggest, is how many people play games. In 2003 I was a nerd. I 2020, everyone is suddenly gaming and gaming is cool.

I've noticed almost nothing new aside aside from character respecs which is something that must have been added after I quit playing. Pindle, pits (and other random locations), meph, andy, chaos sanctuary, council, lower kurast, and the rest all were places farmed heavily when I quit playing. I knew about these from the internet, I traded on d2jsp as I do now. I feel like aside from respecs and stash space, there is nothing different from how I played then vs now. Aside from maphack and botting.

I remember setting my bot on meph and pindle back in the day on the most restrictive loot I could set it to, and went out of town for a week. Came back to my bot standing at stash with an inventory and stash loaded to the brim with high runes and perfect high end gear lol. I sorta want to do that again, mainly because I don't care about my blizzard account like I used to. Probably only get a week ban if anything. Blizz is so soft on cheaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    TBF, AcitBlizz merged VV into blizzard at the start of the year.
    Sounds like Activision strategy; buy company, drive out talent while over monetizing, then wonder why quality and player count is going down.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Sounds like Activision strategy; buy company, drive out talent while over monetizing, then wonder why quality and player count is going down.
    what the fuck are you talking about? VV has done nothing wrong, this is entirely on battlenet and battlenet servers which blizzard runes NOT VV. They remastered the game and put it together, Blizzard lays down the law and provides the online infrastructure.

- - - Updated - - -

thats bullshit in every sense. All the same sites that give breakdowns on items, runewords, prefixes and suffixes are all the same wikis i used back in the early 2000s. Just cus iceviens is posting shity guides and bad builds doesnt mean everyone has more access. JSP has been around since 03. Plenty of info guides and trading there to be had.

well thats the first they have shared though the fact that a few thousand characters on one region at launch is enough to bring the game to its knees is a bit of a headscratcher. Means they allocated next to no server space for arguably one of the most popular games on the 21st century remaster.
    A few thousand try a few hundred thousand. It is not just 1 or 2 thousand more loke 700 thousand logging at the same time on the same server creating games.

Aaaand... i am so happy i did not buy this.
    I wanted to wait and eventually start when season/league starts but looks like it is not worth.
    Their solution? Let's reduce avaiability for players and make them wait to start new game, LOL.
    No, thanks. I will be still playing old version the game WHEN I WANT.
    So sad to see such good remaster being slaughtered by Bli$$ard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Aaaand... i am so happy i did not buy this.
    I wanted to wait and eventually start when season/league starts but looks like it is not worth.
    Their solution? Let's reduce avaiability for players and make them wait to start new game, LOL.
    No, thanks. I will be still playing old version the game WHEN I WANT.
    So sad to see such good remaster being slaughtered by Bli$$ard.
    Queues are not a permanent solution, they're just using it as a stop gap while they fix legacy service coding that is causing issues.

Queues are not a permanent solution, they're just using it as a stop gap while they fix legacy service coding that is causing issues.
    the easy fix would be million person region clusters. but i doubt blizz will put that money there.

7+ Year Old Account
    It seems like more people are playing more D2R games after 3 weeks. I never had to wait in a queue for Diablo before now. lol
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-10-16 at 02:30 PM.

Blizzard's basically blaming the players for you know, "playing" the game. Being stingey with their servers and not properly having enough for the influx of players trying to play the game.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

the easy fix would be million person region clusters. but i doubt blizz will put that money there.
    It's not really the servers causing the issues if you read the post, it's legacy coding that wasn't made for the amount of people playing and the way they are creating games.

Until they fix the coding (which was probably left that way to maintain the exact feel of the game, change too much coding and it starts to feel.... different and that would throw people off it) they could have 10 million servers and still have issues.

It's not really the servers causing the issues if you read the post, it's legacy coding that wasn't made for the amount of people playing and the way they are creating games.

Until they fix the coding (which was probably left that way to maintain the exact feel of the game, change too much coding and it starts to feel.... different and that would throw people off it) they could have 10 million servers and still have issues.
    Yeah. It is the easiest way to blame old code.
    How about release the game when its done/fixed then?
    I wanted to play sooo much but they already lost me as customer when i see that after 1 month game is still unplayable.

Yeah. It is the easiest way to blame old code.
    How about release the game when its done/fixed then?
    I wanted to play sooo much but they already lost me as customer when i see that after 1 month game is still unplayable.
    Except it's entirely playable? I have multiple level 80 characters on bnet, it's just had some issues in the morning.

Why are people so fucking cynical lately, it's still VV's people working on this and they've done well with every game before it.

Except it's entirely playable? I have multiple level 80 characters on bnet, it's just had some issues in the morning.
    Yeah... just checked Diablo reddit it looks TOTALLY playable...

Why are people so fucking cynical lately, it's still VV's people working on this and they've done well with every game before it.
    VV did amazing job.
    Blizzard fucked it up.

VV did amazing job.
    Blizzard fucked it up.
    It's still VV working on it. VV is now a part of blizzard, they've taken over control of classic blizzard games.

And I'm playing it right now?

VV did amazing job.
    Blizzard fucked it up.
    Based off the blizzard post it looks like its an issue with the legacy coding which would be more in VV's realm to fix beforehand.