Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i have literally no idea how i fecked up at 10.51pm (JST) but if katchii is shitting on me, and i trust him, im... I... I .. .i messed up.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-10-15 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    what thread to post this in (its friday, im super shitfaced)...? This one? As a hippie-goth-hippie? An Lad, this game is gaslighting us both. I know you dont see it, but i can. We dont need macarons. Or slides. Or whatever the hell else this game throws at us? What we could do with some pekora traps? I wanna push this point further, but... look, i can explain this under duress... but wherever we end up, it aint it. Because IT is you and I throwing spanners into this side-quest universe. Its not... NOT... you sliding into a dream state (which you have been in throughout the literal main plot line of this quest) then suddenly meta-narrativing to drive the plot forward? Can I (obviously i cant)... (though i want to choose...)

Im so sorry. Im at stage 7 of the il mheg quests. This is all about them. But the protagonist is cool and as a goth friend i support them. They're being turned into exxj's despite being infx's. (MBTI). And as a fellow inxp i want to obviously (OBVIOUSLY) protect them. Like... honestly, what even is this chain? because it wants me to

It wants me to....

I aint doing it.
    What the actual fuck are you babbling about?

There's not a coherent, complete thought in this entire thing. This is off the deep end, even for you dude. LOL. Hopefully you can come back later and translate after you've sobered up a little bit. Maybe sober you will know what drunk you was thinking.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2021-10-15 at 01:42 PM.

fuck... i went that far? Hang on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    What the actual fuck are you babbling about?

There's not a coherent, complete thought in this entire thing. This is off the deep end, even for you dude. LOL. Hopefully you can come back later and translate after you've sobered up a little bit. Maybe sober you will know what drunk you was thinking.
    I am so super sorry. I will fix it. Please wait before replying.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-10-15 at 01:45 PM.

I havent finished ARR because : Job Profession and Golden Saucer

I am stuck at Doja? refugees but cant go further due to Levelling Jobs and Events like FF15

I enjoy the world, the graphics and actually playing the game and my character.
    But I'm yet to finish ARR actually. I'm around 2.4 so closing in on the end of it.
    But the MSQ has me burnt out, it's just so much text, so many cut scenes.

Havn't played for maybe 3 weeks now but hopefully I'll get the urge back.
    Because as I said, when I get to actually play the game and my character it's fun.
    But having a session to play for maybe 4 hours one night and running from A to B to A to B over the course of 2 hours reading and watching movies ain't it.

katchii. i um... i um... i
    The thing is this.

Once you beat 4.3, the mechanical difficulty explodes. And its super jarring if youre not a dps player. Its... sorry?
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-10-15 at 02:35 PM.

Characters who remember me. For example in Battlegrounds, no NPC ever mention's the player's presence, even if you've saved their life 50x and are now opposing them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Characters who remember me. For example in Battlegrounds, no NPC ever mention's the player's presence, even if you've saved their life 50x and are now opposing them.
    What do you mean? You don't like being the generic 'Champion' and move on while NPCs that didin't do shit get all the cutscenes?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

katchii. i um... i um... i
    The thing is this.

Once you beat 4.3, the mechanical difficulty explodes. And its super jarring if youre not a dps player. Its... sorry?
    Lol, still confused. But whatever, you do you man. Nothing to apologize for, really. Was just calling you out on that post because if you were trying to have a discussion about it, it would have been impossible, because it was pretty much impossible to understand.

You do you though, as long as you're enjoying yourself, keep it up. Don't let me discourage you from posting at all, that's the last thing I want to do. I would just ask you do it when you can put your thoughts together so that your post can be discussed.

Nyaharro!

So, obviously ive figured it out. I just felt really sad for An Lad (the pixie who keeps giving kids nightmares). Now, i have literally no idea what triggered this, im assuming it was some cutscene reveal (which im going to have to obviously watch again on youtube since i have no memory of it). I couldnt obviously just say that, thus all the rambly shit that made up the core of that post.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-10-16 at 08:55 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just made it to Shadow Bringers, and the story is still getting better and better!!! I was really worried about the direction it took.... but I was so wrong on all levels they really know how to tell a story and not forget about what happened before, I only just at the start of the main storyline but feel I playing more hours like I can't wait what happened next!

enjoy shadowbringers. Its stupidly amazing. Like, you'll... its just... how do i explain this without spoiling it... whilst also wanting to incentivise you...?

Its bigger than anything youve ever done in game thusfar. 2,0: worldbuilding. 3.0 This is dark. 4.0 instance content is literally perfect. 5.0. ...

Every single lesson learned. Thats 5.0.

enjoy shadowbringers. Its stupidly amazing. Like, you'll... its just... how do i explain this without spoiling it... whilst also wanting to incentivise you...?

Its bigger than anything youve ever done in game thusfar. 2,0: worldbuilding. 3.0 This is dark. 4.0 instance content is literally perfect. 5.0. ...

Every single lesson learned. Thats 5.0.
    we have a spoiler thread for such things if you think you can avoid the other post 5.0 spoiler posts. But we get what you mean.

Yeah i just finished base story of ShadowBRINGERS (do not confuse with lands) and holy cow its REALLY DAMN GOOD, story is 9/10, dungeons are way more cool and fun.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Shadowbringers is going to be peak FFXIV I think. I have high hopes for Endwalker but I don't think it's possible to top that story, especially when your villains are Zenos and Fandaniel.

I just finished the 1st act in shadowbringers, and after finished the first dungeon, holy shit that was awesome, story is great

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Shadowbringers is going to be peak FFXIV I think. I have high hopes for Endwalker but I don't think it's possible to top that story, especially when your villains are Zenos and Fandaniel.
    One of them is fine, his battle maniac act works for the most part. I'm not sure about the crazy clown act of the other though. That could be grating really fast.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Heres the thing i love about the game: it sets up characters with all their cliche mannerisms. Then gives you a dialogue choice to mess with them based on said cliche. For reference im in 5.5 and fucking with estinian for some reason or other. It feels good.

ETA: I put it in spoiler brackets for the heavensward people.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-10-23 at 01:06 PM.

I like:

The community.

The jobs.

The combat.

The fate system.

The story.

No real factions. Factions suck. Do not divide friends.

I dislike:

The queues. This is the biggest flaw about this game.

Being totally confused on which quests to do once you reach a certain point where it says "you got to finish this quest line." Be more specific, like WoW.. I never got lost there?

Quote Originally Posted by Redshirtz View Post
    I like:

The community.

The jobs.

The combat.

The fate system.

The story.

No real factions. Factions suck. Do not divide friends.

I dislike:

The queues. This is the biggest flaw about this game.

Being totally confused on which quests to do once you reach a certain point where it says "you got to finish this quest line." Be more specific, like WoW.. I never got lost there?
    it doesnt really need to be more specific. no brown "side quests" are necessary (blues unlock different types of content) so any warning like that basically means you arent ahead enough in the MSQ. If you do the MSQ you'll eventually run into the necessary quest to unlock it.