Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    they should remove lfr and make normal queueable boss by boss like ff14

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    they should remove lfr and make normal queueable boss by boss like ff14
    It could work but it would need a massive social shift in how players treat queued content to work... you would have to somehow bring back the early wrath mentality where people held pugs to a standard and enforced it. The damage the kick protection system did was substantial and I'm not sure it can be undone at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crix View Post
    It could work but it would need a massive social shift in how players treat queued content to work... you would have to somehow bring back the early wrath mentality where people held pugs to a standard and enforced it. The damage the kick protection system did was substantial and I'm not sure it can be undone at this point.
    They tried slightly harder LFR in MoP. It was a total disaster. They had to add the per-wipe buff, but even that wasn't enough in some cases.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They tried slightly harder LFR in MoP. It was a total disaster. They had to add the per-wipe buff, but even that wasn't enough in some cases.
    Yeah I think that ship has sailed myself. I don't see a realistic way you can bring the community back up to it's old skill level unless you are willing to weather a hell of a beating for an entire expansion to do it.

The thing to do now is to ensure the lowest end doesn't effect the higher end. Shadowlands is the blue prints for what not to do in that regard.

Talent choice should never of been tied behind a faction. Leggos should never have been tied to a time gate never mind a boring piece of content. Renowned shouldn't exist ( its literary a time played grind 0 skill involved). Conduits are the dumbest idea to date in terms of talents and I'm counting azerite powers in that and finally maw gems or whatever they are called are moronic...

I just want them to stop putting fucking time gates on my content so people who do nothing but log in have a false sense of progression...is that to much to ask?

Yeah I think that ship has sailed myself. I don't see a realistic way you can bring the community back up to it's old skill level unless you are willing to weather a hell of a beating for an entire expansion to do it.

The thing to do now is to ensure the lowest end doesn't effect the higher end. Shadowlands is the blue prints for what not to do in that regard.

Talent choice should never of been tied behind a faction. Leggos should never have been tied to a time gate never mind a boring piece of content. Renowned shouldn't exist ( its literary a time played grind 0 skill involved). Conduits are the dumbest idea to date in terms of talents and I'm counting azerite powers in that and finally maw gems or whatever they are called are moronic...

I just want them to stop putting fucking time gates on my content so people who do nothing but log in have a false sense of progression...is that to much to ask?
    You do realize that on the other end of the spectrum are people who will no life everything that doesn't have a time gate, burn themselves out and quit the game anyway... right?

I don't agree with all of the gating that Blizzard does but it's a bit hyperbolic to pretend like they don't serve a purpose.

That community was never the entirety, or even a particularly large part, of WoW's player population. The player population as a whole was never at that skill level. The only thing they could have gotten back to was the great majority of people not raiding, and that wasn't acceptable to Blizzard.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

That community was never the entirety, or even a particularly large part, of WoW's player population. The player population as a whole was never at that skill level. The only thing they could have gotten back to was the great majority of people not raiding, and that wasn't acceptable to Blizzard.
    And Blizzard's explanation for why it wasn't acceptable was understandable. It didn't make a lot of sense to invest the number of resources into raids that they did if only 20% of the playerbase ever stepped foot in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    And Blizzard's explanation for why it wasn't acceptable was understandable. It didn't make a lot of sense to invest the number of resources into raids that they did if only 20% of the playerbase ever stepped foot in one.
    I think that is more proof blizzard never actually understood why people liked their games and most of their success was them stumbling into it rather then planned.

I think that is more proof blizzard never actually understood why people liked their games and most of their success was them stumbling into it rather then planned.
    Yes. And I think they've also fallen into traps of misunderstanding their data. Lots of people use feature X, therefore they must like feature X (when, in reality, they were being bribed into doing X even though they didn't really like it.) The best indication that people like some feature is when they keep doing it even in the absence of extrinsic reward.

Yes. And I think they've also fallen into traps of misunderstanding their data. Lots of people use feature X, therefore they must like feature X (when, in reality, they were being bribed into doing X even though they didn't really like it.) The best indication that people like some feature is when they keep doing it even in the absence of extrinsic reward.
    Would agree with this also.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Pride View Post
    As for dungeons. I think the current system is bloated and inefficient for all involved. Heroic outside of leveling doesn't really serve a purpose its a pointless difficulty mode that offers no challenge and the mythic plus system is a poor system for gearing. I would suggest making mythic 0 just normal. Make mythic 10 heroic and mythic 15 "mythic".
    People whould complain or cry, that they want to enjoy "mythic" dungeons and are to bad for them and no one want to group with them. I remmeber cataclysm, where normal was for all players and heroics where so drastically overtuned at first, and guess what, that didnt encourage ppl to get better, but to cry more for nerfs

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. And I think they've also fallen into traps of misunderstanding their data.
    Well i dont trust blizzards "data" or "metrics" if they even exist. Nearly 1 full season of M+ tanking and after 6 (?) month they noticed that dh tanks get less damage in dungeons than other tanks. So if their metrics and data really exists, i doubt that they analyse it very often...its more like a running gag.