Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I haven't put words in Nintendo's mouth. You don't have to say the word dishonest to be accusing someone of being so, there is a thing called an implication. It is implied that I am being dishonest by your posts. And given I have admitted I was wrong with Netflix download feature, you have zero basis to assume I would not admit I am wrong elsewhere. So, that is just more evidence you are accusing me of being dishonest. At least that is how it comes off to me.
    Several times you kept rearranging their phrasing or adding words that didn't exist in their fine print.

And I'm pretty sure when you interpret someone's words the wrong way that's called an "assumption". And I don't have "zero basis", nor did I say that you don't normally admit if you're wrong. And at no point am I claiming you were dishonest, I'm saying you're wrong about this point.
    I said very clearly, in this specific situation your own words were saying, as followed-

Again, I have no problem with your assumption and I would not be surprised if it is true; it is not a confirmed fact at this time. This is not a debatable point.
    This isn't saying "if I'm wrong I'll admit it". This is taking your argument and saying it's infallible because even in the case that you're wrong, you were still right in your logic.

My argument isn't you are wrong (which would be playing Devil's Advocate), it is that I don't share your assumption that your reading of what Nintendo said is a fact. Rather than say "That's fine, I still feel this is the case." You and others chose to debate me, I do not bare the full blame here and saying I am wrong for believing it hasn't been confirmed because it is obviously going to be the case.
    Devil's advocate is just to present multiple sides of the argument just for the sake of arguing, or to put in better terms-
    a person who expresses a contentious opinion in order to provoke debate or test the strength of the opposing arguments.
    Which is exactly what you're doing. As you even said, you have no problem with the "assumption" (quotations because it's not an assumption). Which leaves the point of...if you have no problem with it, why are you still trying to argue it? And then doubling down to deflect blame on others is a bit weird, considering the following-

I asked "where is it confirmed" and got "It's in plain text, can't you read?" and people like Lahis calling me dense because I don't share your assumption on the statement.
    The initial response from one was less than stellar, admittedly. But multiple people just pointed out the flaw in your argument and you were still confrontational about it, dismissing the exact terminology used to describe the deal.

And now you're trying to blame others for that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yoooooo, I'm genuinely excited about the AC update

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    -snip-
    Then I apologize for my assumption on your statement. But, there is no flaw in my statement, you merely don't not share my view.

Just because you read something a certain way does not mean another person is "flawed" in their reasoning or "flawed" because they are not convinced you are correct.

And I am not the only one asking Nintendo for confirmation on that statement, there are tons of tweets on the announcement and comments on the video asking if access is lost to the DLC if sub ends. I am just the only one here questioning it.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-10-15 at 05:20 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    Then I apologize for my assumption on your statement. But, there is no flaw in my statement, you merely don't not share my view.

Just because you read something a certain way does not mean another person is "flawed" in their reasoning or "flawed" because they are not convinced you are correct.

And I am not the only one asking Nintendo for confirmation on that statement, there are tons of tweets on the announcement and comments on the video asking if access is lost to the DLC if sub ends. I am just the only one here questioning it.
    We're not questioning it because this is the company charging an extra 30 dollars for a couple n64 games. Of course you lose it, they want money

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    We're not questioning it because this is the company charging an extra 30 dollars for a couple n64 games. Of course you lose it, they want money
    And I don't doubt that is a possibility, I am saying it isn't confirmed to be a fact. There is nothing that confirms that to be true, it is just how people have chosen to interpret what Nintendo said.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is really reminding me why I've been looking for other forums to discuss games on. So many dumb arguments and personal attacks on this site. Not sure if it's always been this way or I've just become more aware of it recently.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    This thread is really reminding me why I've been looking for other forums to discuss games on. So many dumb arguments and personal attacks on this site. Not sure if it's always been this way or I've just become more aware of it recently.
    May I ask if you hate personal attacks on this site ... why do you do them?

Evidence:
    Darththeo the king of making an argument out of nothing
    That post is nothing but a personal attack on me.

But, as for your comment. No, video game arguments haven't been anything but dumb and often include personal attacks. I have seen people go out of there way to make an entire thread on other sites just to trash other posters. This is tame compared to other sites I have been on.
    –The Sith Code

Good luck, and I mean that honestly. At this point it feels more like to get genuine discussion, you need people who care to actually interact with each other overall which is rare to find on the internet outside of groups of friends. Maybe I'm just being negative though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still play wow so thats why i still come hete, but honestly it's better than most. Unhealthy fanboyism is retarded and it's everywhere, but this place is balanced for the most part

10+ Year Old Account
    May I ask if you hate personal attacks on this site ... why do you do them?

Evidence:

That post is nothing but a personal attack on me.

But, as for your comment. No, video game arguments haven't been anything but dumb and often include personal attacks. I have seen people go out of there way to make an entire thread on other sites just to trash other posters. This is tame compared to other sites I have been on.
    This was after you called me a liar, so of course I'm not very fond of you. You can't throw a rock and then get mad when someone throws one back. But this is also part of my problem. I'm a pretty friendly person in real life and I've noticed that being on this site has made me more negative, especially recently. Reflecting on my time here, it seems like it's kinda always been this way, but the general negativity of the world right now I think amplifies the negative feelings I have when we get into pointless arguments.

Whats the best turn based JRPG on switch that is also on steam.

Dont say octopath traveler I like connected stories/universe

7+ Year Old Account
    I still play wow so thats why i still come hete, but honestly it's better than most. Unhealthy fanboyism is retarded and it's everywhere, but this place is balanced for the most part
    Like the people who got mad that people were upset over the Dex cut in Sword and Shield? I remember I was told I was pathetic on twitter because I said the dex cut ruined by hype for the game, because "people don't use all the pokemon anyway!" or something to that extent.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely think there are fewer fanboys in the video games section. There are some of course, but I know who they are by now so I can just disregard their posts. I feel like everything ends up turning into a debate, just like this obnoxious Nintendo Online situation.

Plus, like Jester said for himself, I have no impulse control and I end up arguing about dumb shit for too long.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Whats the best turn based JRPG on switch that is also on steam.

Dont say octopath traveler I like connected stories/universe
    Ff9, 10, octopath and bravely default 2 in that order

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Wait, people pay for switch online this days? I barely use switch for online.
    Yeah i don't know what Nintendo thinks they are smoking on this one. I think i've used the online for mario kart like 4 times, splatoon maybe 5 times, arms once and the rest animal crossing. Thats not worth paying for let alone paying more than xbla or psn for roms from the worst nintendo console.

15+ Year Old Account
    I definitely think there are fewer fanboys in the video games section. There are some of course, but I know who they are by now so I can just disregard their posts. I feel like everything ends up turning into a debate, just like this obnoxious Nintendo Online situation.

Plus, like Jester said for himself, I have no impulse control and I end up arguing about dumb shit for too long.
    Just operate under the assumption boys are idiots and need to be taught a learnin'. It"s gotten me through life well so far

Just operate under the assumption boys are idiots and need to be taught a learnin'. It"s gotten me through life well so far
    Good thing that as Spongebob once said, I...am a man!

Ff9, 10, octopath and bravely default 2 in that order
    Has bravely default aged as well as FF9? That is one I actually havent played yet and I need me fix

15+ Year Old Account
    Has bravely default aged as well as FF9? That is one I actually havent played yet and I need me fix
    Bd2 just came out in feburary so I'd hope it hadn't aged in 8 months. It's last on the list because it's not at all exciting

Fun combat system, dumb story, decent looking world sums up BD2.