Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I watch some GTA RP and the twitch chat poops their pants everytime a NPC driver insults the player. All kind of Alphabet-words. That would never release that way today and that's only the most visible part.
    You really don't know Rockstar huh. You also don't seem to understand what satire is if you don't understand why rockstar gets away with the writing in GTA games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You really don't know Rockstar huh. You also don't seem to understand what satire is if you don't understand why rockstar gets away with the writing in GTA games.
    I don't like this trend but GTA 5 released 2013, that was a different time. A lot of satire is seen as hatespeech now. A lot of software companies bow to the twitter people. Just look at the new Saints Row, i never thought Volition would do an 180 but they did.
    I wouldn't even be surprised if they'd sterilize the remakes and remove all problematic words and content (like they already did back then with the hot coffee stuff in GTA:SA).

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It was shared on a gamers Facebook group I'm in, the price was something like, 60 pounds for them.. Then again, I wasn't that huge fan of them due to the theme.
    £70 is the price I've seen for the PS5/Series S versions, although some are saying the prices displayed may have been a placeholder. Knowing Rockstar though the prices are probably accurate.

Another leak I've seen suggested that the top down view from GTA 3 has been removed, first person has been implemented in VC/SA, and BMXs were added to Vice City. We'll soon see.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-10-14 at 08:31 AM.

Is anyone releasing games worth playing that aren't remasters?

I don't like this trend but GTA 5 released 2013, that was a different time. A lot of satire is seen as hatespeech now. A lot of software companies bow to the twitter people. Just look at the new Saints Row, i never thought Volition would do an 180 but they did.
    I wouldn't even be surprised if they'd sterilize the remakes and remove all problematic words and content (like they already did back then with the hot coffee stuff in GTA:SA).
    It wasn't a different time, GTA5 was raked over the coals for being misogynistic and homophobic by sensitive people that can't handle satire. Where you actually on the internet in 2013 or where you living under a rock? Rockstar don't care, and they're gonna sell 30+ mil copies of a GTA6 on release day.

If you think political correctness is some recent thing, hooo boy are you wrong. GTA has been battling it for it's entire history. You're sounding like one of those doomers "everything is worse now". No, 2013 was not that different of a world then currently sorry for the news flash.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-10-14 at 12:53 PM.

At this point what I want to know is what the game looks and plays like. After that, I'll think about price.

I never did play GTA 3 as a young lad, and didn't finish San Andreas because it was outdated by the time I got to it.

So this will be like playing a set of new games for me, so no real complaints from my side. It's down to how relevant the gameplay/graphics are.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    It's down to how relevant the gameplay/graphics are.
    What does that even mean?

The graphics represent things in the game world in sufficient capacity(well beyond actually) to be functional.

The gameplay allows you to interact with those graphical representations.

This game has no game breaking bugs even with the current steam edition and those funny missions we have been talking about aside the most irritating thing it that one single mission that has a lung capacity requirement so it is not a game that dogs you down with unskippable cut scenes or quicktime events that make replays a complete drag.

How can either of these things become "irrelevant"?

Is minecraft irrelevant? Literally the worst thing about that game is how your character moves around and ugh, fights. Yet somehow...

If you think political correctness is some recent thing, hooo boy are you wrong. GTA has been battling it for it's entire history. You're sounding like one of those doomers "everything is worse now". No, 2013 was not that different of a world then currently sorry for the news flash.
    They tread pretty lightly, all things considered. The very first game had the most controversy to my memory. Literally a car thief simulator and you were rewarded for almost any kind of bad behaviour, that being the only real goal thus creating "player agency" with every action you take. Even then the mission commentary was often very risque or offensive, probably more than today. In SF they had a string of missions from an Asian gang almost all of whom were named things like "lo wang" "hung well" etc etc. Fortunately most of the reflex critics never really made it past "gouranga".

Later on aside from crude references the game became pretty sharp satire and general social commentary that does not really single out much. I don't like the torture thing from GTA 5. But unlike the original would this is you playing Trevor, Trevor being a defined and emphatically NON aspirational character in the game(a concept that is being lost in today's world). Even though there are 3 main characters I would argue that Franklin is the "player character". In this way GTA is able to present things that are very "non pc" and yet not objectionable content. It is Trevor that is doing those things, just being Trevor. That is his story. I think we can see why the original game ran into so much trouble and yet the far more heinous Trevor does not.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    What does that even mean?

The graphics represent things in the game world in sufficient capacity(well beyond actually) to be functional.

The gameplay allows you to interact with those graphical representations.

This game has no game breaking bugs even with the current steam edition and those funny missions we have been talking about aside the most irritating thing it that one single mission that has a lung capacity requirement so it is not a game that dogs you down with unskippable cut scenes or quicktime events that make replays a complete drag.

How can either of these things become "irrelevant"?

Is minecraft irrelevant? Literally the worst thing about that game is how your character moves around and ugh, fights. Yet somehow...

They tread pretty lightly, all things considered. The very first game had the most controversy to my memory. Literally a car thief simulator and you were rewarded for almost any kind of bad behaviour, that being the only real goal thus creating "player agency" with every action you take. Even then the mission commentary was often very risque or offensive, probably more than today. In SF they had a string of missions from an Asian gang almost all of whom were named things like "lo wang" "hung well" etc etc. Fortunately most of the reflex critics never really made it past "gouranga".

Later on aside from crude references the game became pretty sharp satire and general social commentary that does not really single out much. I don't like the torture thing from GTA 5. But unlike the original would this is you playing Trevor, Trevor being a defined and emphatically NON aspirational character in the game(a concept that is being lost in today's world). Even though there are 3 main characters I would argue that Franklin is the "player character". In this way GTA is able to present things that are very "non pc" and yet not objectionable content. It is Trevor that is doing those things, just being Trevor. That is his story. I think we can see why the original game ran into so much trouble and yet the far more heinous Trevor does not.
    I don’t want to play games that look 15+ years old. Simple as that. So if it looks nice and shiny, sure I’ll play them. If they don’t, I won’t. That’s about it.

I wouldn't usually mind if the graphics are old, but for the price they're expected to be charging the graphics had better be a significant improvement. Controls are the main thing for me, if they're untouched from the originals I'm out. Tbh I'd expect everything to be better in a 'Definitive' edition.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not THAT different.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I wouldn't usually mind if the graphics are old, but for the price they're expected to be charging the graphics had better be a significant improvement. Controls are the main thing for me, if they're untouched from the originals I'm out. Tbh I'd expect everything to be better in a 'Definitive' edition.
    Basically, yes. I don't want this to be a minority touched up version of the original games. Because at that point, I'm not going near it.

Minimum requirements:

- Intel Core i5-2700K / AMD FX-6300
    - Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB
    - 8 GB RAM
    - 45 GB Storage Space
    - Windows 10

Recommended:

- Intel Core i7-6600K / AMD Ryzen 5 2600
    - Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB / AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB
    - 16 GB RAM
    - 45 GB Storage Space
    - Windows 10

"Three iconic cities, three epic stories. Play the genre-defining classics of the original Grand Theft Auto Trilogy: Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas updated for a new generation, now with across-the-board enhancements including brilliant new lighting and environmental upgrades, high-resolution textures, increased draw distances, Grand Theft Auto V-style controls and targeting, and much more, bringing these beloved worlds to life with all new levels of detail."

As per leaks

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I still think Vice was the best of the series. Everything was so good on it.
    I couldn't agree with you more, between the awesome talk radio and music on the radio and the incredible storyline with guys like Ray Liotta and Burt Reynolds, it was an awesome experience that I have played through twice and go back just to listen to the radio. Without a doubt the funniest GTA I have played by a long shot without losing the edge that GTA is known for.

- - - Updated - - -

While I loved Vice City so freaking much, I can't imagine seeing enough reason to buy a new version without added content. Graphics were terrible back then but improving eye candy is not enough to make me want to pay again for the same game I played to my point of being done exploring it.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Minimum requirements:

- Intel Core i5-2700K / AMD FX-6300
    - Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB
    - 8 GB RAM
    - 45 GB Storage Space
    - Windows 10

Recommended:

- Intel Core i7-6600K / AMD Ryzen 5 2600
    - Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB / AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB
    - 16 GB RAM
    - 45 GB Storage Space
    - Windows 10

"Three iconic cities, three epic stories. Play the genre-defining classics of the original Grand Theft Auto Trilogy: Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas updated for a new generation, now with across-the-board enhancements including brilliant new lighting and environmental upgrades, high-resolution textures, increased draw distances, Grand Theft Auto V-style controls and targeting, and much more, bringing these beloved worlds to life with all new levels of detail."

As per leaks

If true I'm sold
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    If true I'm sold
    Yeah I am pretty intrigued

I wonder if they are going to make any attempt at all to include SA:MP.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Yeah I am pretty intrigued

I wonder if they are going to make any attempt at all to include SA:MP.
    no, we should all as a collective veto anymore online bullshit. gta online is pure cancer and has resulted in rockstar churning out NOTHING compared to before it. The singleplayer dlc got axed in favor of more online shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    no, we should all as a collective veto anymore online bullshit. gta online is pure cancer and has resulted in rockstar churning out NOTHING compared to before it. The singleplayer dlc got axed in favor of more online shit.
    It would be fine if companies could properly compartmentalise these things. i.e. you had fallout 4 and all it's related DLC then you get fallout 4 the mmo aka fallout 76. Whether this means that fallout is ruined forever remains to be seen though the abundance of micro transactions in 76 probably means it is done. That is what has killed GTA, they are just printing money with GTA online so why bother making any single player DLC? SA:MP runs in a very different vein, thought it is not something I am holding out for or anything.

In a very broad sense I am just starting to give up on video games TBH. This hobby has changed forever and apparently people do not either know what they had or they just do not value it. I said it 10 years ago on this very website. Keep it up for a generation and you will get a new crop of gamers that just accept this bullshit as how it is.

Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-10-18 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Rockstar developed and released their by far largest single player experience ever during the GTAO era. RDR2 single player is larger then GTA4 and 5 combined. Sorry if that ruins your narrative.

Rockstar developed and released their by far largest single player experience ever during the GTAO era. RDR2 single player is larger then GTA4 and 5 combined. Sorry if that ruins your narrative.
    https://preview.redd.it/d114qxtarp40...=webp&7e213f64