Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I am thinking it is a game set in the Overwatch Universe for mobile.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

i should care about this because why? blizzard had the crapfest that is shadowlands, followed by the crapfest that is d2 remastered, followed by the severe letdown of the merc mode in hearthstone. i don't trust this company one bit anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god they're planning on making it a looter shooter aren't they. FPS, RPG Reward Mechanics and Open World, Destiny by Blizzard.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Sounds like another shot at Project Titan... maybe it'll be salvaged into Overwatch 3
    That is the first thing that came to my mind as well. FPS RPG open world.

Something akin to Elex i guess? It would be probably single player with multiplayer elements tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Oh god they're planning on making it a looter shooter aren't they. FPS, RPG Reward Mechanics and Open World, Destiny by Blizzard.
    It think it will be more SP than multiplayer tho. Otherwise they would be trying to make basically Titan which they canceled.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    World of Warcraft genshin probably
    doubt it. they've had what 4-6 projects in the works for a couple years now? even if (or perhaps especially if) they axed half of those, with all the stuff going on last year i seriously doubt they have been allowed to start a new project in the last year.

Go ahead and hold your breath.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't hold my breath, this is going to probably be some kind of mobile shovelware.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    it's 5 years old by now though. starting to stretch the definition of "new" a bit.

and i don't really see them releasing something completely new in the next year or two either, maybe d4 but i doubt it.
    In Blizzard development time 5 years old is very new when it comes to an IP.

That being said I can't say I'm particularly hyped over the posting, because looter/shooter RPGs tend have a major lack of replay value for me. ARPGs with melee combat I can replay just fine, but a shooter? Man I don't even think I've beaten any of the Borderlands games on the second difficulty tier even once, because they just turn half the game into a chore of inventory and ammo management. The stats leading to you firing 100+ bullets into the head of an enemy and it doing less than 10% of their health in damage are why I hate shooters that bring RPG number scaling into them (I'm looking at you Anthem, The Division, Borderlands, Outriders, and any other offenders that just constantly go bigger instead of taking the sane route and implementing scaling ingoing/outgoing damage modifiers while keeping health pools consistent).

Destiny is literally the only one the looter/shooter genre that I've played that gets a pass from me, because it keeps scaling in place so that you actually can reasonably kill stuff appropriate to your gear power level. It keeps the numbers relative, rather than going the dumb route and hyperinflating them for no good reason.

(If anyone knows of other looter shooters that keep that use a scaling system instead of going for raw number inflation, please recommend them to me, cause I actually can have fun when I'm not being poked with the stick of "You shot this enemy 25 times in a weakpoint with a sniper rifle, they've lost 5% of their health because your gun is trash".)
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2021-10-16 at 05:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Blizzard can't even make the current MMO they have, why would you want another.

They only care about money so it'll just be another out-sourced phone game

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Blizzard is already dead in it's soul with none of the original developers being around.
    The type of people that they've employed now are not the kind who know how to create anything passionate or beautiful. You can just feel it when playing the most recent iterations of their games: sterile, fake, soulless, empty and without spirit.
    thats the perfect description what happens, when you solely target absolut maximum profit, not by selling a product via quality and let the product speak for itself, but by stretching every nanometer to press/milk even the last dollar out of it.

namely:

- recycling stuff
    - cost effective development
    - put in least possible effort and press most out of it, regardless how fucked up
    - use marketing instead quality, to sell shit as gold
    - tailoring game design around smart cash grab systems like Token
    - invest in cheap „systems“ because its just DB entries and simple UIs instead real content
    - (because real content is expensive)
    - use many of that cheap „systems“ to create the illusion of a long feature list
    - (because „covenants, soulbinds, anima, …“ sound better than „moar (real) content“)
    - (and its way cheaper)
    - use auto generated gear
    - use rng on top of rng
    - use treadmill grinds
    - maximize the carrot on the stick
    - stretch content holes with classic release
    - dont listen to beta ppl
    - do quick customizations in patch and give ppl what they complained a year ago
    - quickly use this patch as damage control
    - add all the things that are fast and easy done into this patch to create long patch notes
    - name this patch 9.1.5 content patch
    - stretch
    - stretch
    - stretch
    - milk
    - milk
    - milk
    - „cause of covid“

yes, if you do all this, you get rich. very rich. rich AF. and you created something that is not passionate or beautiful but instead sterile, fake, soulless, empty and without spirit.

yep, thats true.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-10-16 at 06:16 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    FPS game, I'm immediately out.

It's Activision-Destiny.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfekaitz View Post
    .......................................................................................... .......................................................................................... .................
    ''Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate associate content designer to collaborate with our design team for an unannounced project (...) Design and implementation of new events and open world content from conception to the final
    stages of polish (...) Support other disciplines in their integration of events and open world content (...) Understanding of RPG reward mechanics (...) Experience working on an FPS game.''
    .......................................................................................... .......................................................................................... ................
    How does this not look like Destiny? Is that something to get excited about? They've got the Overwatch engine for FPS. I dunno...it may be something. Sort of a fool's game to think you know what they're doing based on a want ad.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-10-16 at 06:12 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i should care about this because why? blizzard had the crapfest that is shadowlands, followed by the crapfest that is d2 remastered, followed by the severe letdown of the merc mode in hearthstone. i don't trust this company one bit anymore.
    idk where the hell you got this info, but d2 has been universally loved my dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm gonna laugh if it's some kinda weird open world CoD RPG that Blizzard is making for Activision (same difference, I know, but also not really).
    Blizzard becoming another CoD assembly line would indeed be hillarious, at that seems to be a commong thing for activision studios. But I don't think it would bode well for the future. I mean even if it was star craft based, the whole FPS MMO thing these days will just always boil down to something like destiny and there is already one version of that I have no interest in, no need for another with Blizzard's "spin".
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-10-16 at 06:18 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    The reason why BfA and especially Shadowlands were made a crapfest might have something so do with Blizzard's best talent working on this mobile mmo.. It makes sense that they would want to maximize profits after having seen Genshin..
    Last edited by Sinaa; 2021-10-17 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    This reason why BfA and especially Shadowlands were made a crapfest might have something so do with Blizzard's best talent working on this mobile mmo.. It makes sense that they would want to maximize profits after having seen Genshin..
    A weirdly sterilized and overly limited version of Genshin with super slow release cycles, sounds like a total money maker - said no one ever.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The job description mentions a mobile open-world RPG game and the ideal candidate should have experience working on FPS online/multiplayer games.

Because mobile is the new sh*t! Remember Immortal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I think they should focus on their toxic work environment and the eight (8) lawsuits bearing down on them because of said work environment rather than getting ambitious again. Clearly their current managerial and staffing practices are not conducive to making good games.
    You clearly understand how a business works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    Blizzard can't even make the current MMO they have, why would you want another.

They only care about money so it'll just be another out-sourced phone game
    You clearly read the OP.
    Hi

"Understanding of RPG reward mechanics"

Can they have one for the WoW team too?

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfekaitz View Post
    A new application for a role as Associate Content Designer in Blizzard's job offers site contains this quote that could hint at how the company's new project could be shaping up to be. It mentions Open World, RPG, and FPS:

.......................................................................................... .......................................................................................... .................
    ''Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate associate content designer to collaborate with our design team for an unannounced project (...) Design and implementation of new events and open world content from conception to the final
    stages of polish (...) Support other disciplines in their integration of events and open world content (...) Understanding of RPG reward mechanics (...) Experience working on an FPS game.''
    .......................................................................................... .......................................................................................... ................

Whadduyuthink?

Source: cannot post links since im new, the info comes straight from Blizzard's career website, in the Irvine/California/Game Desing/PC/Unannounced Project section.
    Two things:
    1) We need solo RPG in Warcraft universe. It's critical. MMO genre is way too restricting. Players have got sick of it.
    2) Sounds like... Titan. But. I've got tired of repeating, that there is one funny thing about it. There is no indication, that it has ever existed. Other games at least have some "leaks", but not this one. Nothing beyond pair of concept arts. But. There was implementation by ex-Blizzard developers. Red 5 Studios. Yeah. Firefall.

This project is dead. Because it lacked long term goals and was badly monetized, that caused it to become stale.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-10-16 at 07:32 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.