Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfekaitz View Post
    A new application for a role as Associate Content Designer in Blizzard's job offers site contains this quote that could hint at how the company's new project could be shaping up to be. It mentions Open World, RPG, and FPS:

.......................................................................................... .......................................................................................... .................
    ''Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate associate content designer to collaborate with our design team for an unannounced project (...) Design and implementation of new events and open world content from conception to the final
    stages of polish (...) Support other disciplines in their integration of events and open world content (...) Understanding of RPG reward mechanics (...) Experience working on an FPS game.''
    .......................................................................................... .......................................................................................... ................

Whadduyuthink?

Source: cannot post links since im new, the info comes straight from Blizzard's career website, in the Irvine/California/Game Desing/PC/Unannounced Project section.
    Well, it has been in the works for 5 years with Tom Chilton being there, as he was moved to an unannounced PC project.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trenbolone View Post
    The job description mentions a mobile open-world RPG game and the ideal candidate should have experience working on FPS online/multiplayer games.

Because mobile is the new sh*t! Remember Immortal?
    They have an unannounced PC project, as well as an unannounced mobile project.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    So why is the current blizz content so bad? Because they need to have the ace in sleeve when Lao or *new riot mmo hits. Both titles have the strength to diminish blizz games. That’s why atm everything feels undeveloped. Once those games release, also blizz will release. They are holding back for a good reason and cleaning the game means there is a huge thing hidden from us all, besides the lawsuit. They are preparing carefully. They always came up with best concepts and great gameloops to fill time and This most likely will not change.
    Last edited by froschhure; 2021-10-18 at 12:16 AM.
    love WoWarcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I think they should focus on their toxic work environment and the eight (8) lawsuits bearing down on them because of said work environment rather than getting ambitious again. Clearly their current managerial and staffing practices are not conducive to making good games.
    Corporate culture changes never stop the other work. People still have projects, tasks, timelines and deadlines. They don't just stop and sit around while management figures out how they want them to behave. Whatever reorganization needs to be done is likely already done. Top management is changed and we have no idea how many other people have been let go at team levels. It's been long enough that the major personnel changes are already done.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It sounds a whole lot like a Blizzaard version of Genshin Impact or something on the line.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    So why is the current blizz content so bad? Because they need to have the ace in sleeve when Lao or elyion hits. Both titles have the strength to diminish blizz games. That’s why atm everything feels undeveloped. Once those games release, also blizz will release. They are holding back for a good reason and cleaning the game means there is a huge thing hidden from us all, besides the lawsuit. They are preparing carefully. They always came up with best concepts and great gameloops to fill time and This most likely will not change.
    Lol, are these chinese games?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

salvaging the scraps of starcraft: ghost?

Cant wait for Company Man’s video on “the rise and fall of Blizzard Entertainment”. I do enjoying his videos

This is in reference to those saying “it’ll be funny if blizzard becomes another one on the CoD line”
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

I really doubt that Blizzard is developing any new IPs, especially at this time. I mean they barely support their tried and tested IPs, I don't think they can create something fresh and new at all.

RPG mechanics and FPS gameplay sounds like a looter shooter in the style of Anthem, lol.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I think they should focus on their toxic work environment and the eight (8) lawsuits bearing down on them
    Yes, because, as we all know, those who work at Blizzard's legal and human resources departments are the exact same people who work on developing the games.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yes, because, as we all know, those who work at Blizzard's legal and human resources departments are the exact same people who work on developing the games.
    Well those people working on the games are wasting time doing them cubicle crawls and tapping booties/other sexual deviancy or harassment
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Trenbolone View Post
    The job description mentions a mobile open-world RPG game and the ideal candidate should have experience working on FPS online/multiplayer games.

Because mobile is the new sh*t! Remember Immortal?
    https://careers.blizzard.com/global/...ntent-Designer
    There's no mention to mobile , if it's this one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Well those people working on the games are wasting time doing them cubicle crawls and tapping booties/other sexual deviancy or harassment
    Eh, those turds are luckily flushed out, a large number of them being the "old guard" in either doing it or covering for it. Now dev's has to do their job while under the pressure of the company in fear of being fired, under pressure by fans who believe they do nothing, while they still try and fight for the thing they like, as well as make the workplace a better place, hence the cleanup.

And for HR and Legal, they got flushed due to incompetent money bag leaders who followed the paycheque instead of the employees, and a lot of their staff got even flushed before them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    https://careers.blizzard.com/global/...ntent-Designer
    There's no mention to mobile , if it's this one
    Think the user is mixing up the two.

There is one for unannounced mobile, and one for unannounced PC games.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It's going to be a fucking mobile game which further cements that Blizzard is likely giving up on PC games in the near future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It's going to be a fucking mobile game which further cements that Blizzard is likely giving up on PC games in the near future.
    Eh, they have two unannounced projects, a PC and a mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    This reason why BfA and especially Shadowlands were made a crapfest might have something so do with Blizzard's best talent working on this mobile mmo.. It makes sense that they would want to maximize profits after having seen Genshin..
    so i should be hyped for a game, even though all their recent releases have been horrible, because this project MIGHT have their best devs on it... sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    RPG mechanics and FPS gameplay sounds like a looter shooter in the style of Anthem, lol.
    Anthem could have been an amazing game, if had been properly developed and completed. In its released state it was like 50% of a game.

We'll see. They've started and cancelled plenty of unannounced games in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    "Understanding of RPG reward mechanics"

Can they have one for the WoW team too?
    Came here to say that. What does it say that they don't feel like they can fill this role internally?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcreid View Post
    They'll keep hiring but will only get the leftovers from other company like Riot, and even then they'll gladly get poached when they get the chance.

No talented developers in their right mind would work for Buzzard.
    And you know that how? You are making a lot of assumptions based on nothing.

Good to see Blizzard is working on things, but if it's any in way an FPS then it gets a pass from me.