Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Put all removed content back in the game. The Cata legendary daggers questline. The MoP and WoD legendary questlines. Warlock Green Fire questline. Challenge mode rewards. Mage Tower (and not on a FOMO timed event with different rewards).
    The Cata legendary daggers are still in game. So is the Green Fire questline.

New Mage tower isn't close to being FOMO because it's just a matter of waiting for it to be back up.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    The devs not wanting people doing old content should be enough for people not wanting to sub. That content being rendered obsolete and useless is not for the devs to decide. After all we paid for it and it should remain relevant. No wonder potential new players aren’t recommended to play WoW by their WoW veteran friends.

People praising WoW for having years worth of content are simply liars because of this.
    What about the content is irrelevant though? With timewalking campaigns you can level through any expansion. If you're worried about raids, why not just join or create a guild that focuses on raid progress through that expansion? All of the content is still there.

Are you suggesting that there's no reason to go through the Legion Order Hall campaign right now? Because it doesnt contribute to your Covenant Campaign? Why pick the Covenant Campaign over the Order Hall Campaign in the first place, if that's not what you want to play?
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2021-10-16 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Not everything in the game needs to be relevant all the time forever, but WoW is sitting on an absolute mountain of deprecated content that currently only really exists as a source for old transmogs and spiced up levelling.

It's an improvement on what we currently have with Timewalking, and the improvements we see in Legion Timewalking.
    A way to allow old content to shine once again without having to wait for a potential Classic server.
    Flying over Suramar, idly oneshotting mobs is a far cry from what that content was like when it was current. Again, it's not about making that content perfectly valid as an endgame, but about finding ways to reintroduce it in a new way so it isn't just something you reminisce about.
    Here's the problem: You're asking for them to spend a lot of development time to balance the old world. Assuming they do that, there would also need to be incentive to, you know, actually go do things in the old world. If it's gear then not only do they have to balance the content itself, they have to balance all of the gear contained within it. If you make it cosmetic, you're asking them to spend a metric fuckton of development time to do something that most people won't even bother with. The reality is that even though the content exists, it was never designed with longevity in mind (unlike other games which reuse old content). Timewalking is the compromise we have right now. Like you've observed, there are also indications with Legion Timewalking that Blizzard may be interested in expanding the relevance of this type of content. But due to the absolutely insane amount of dev time the basis of your idea would require I can't see this being worth the effort in the long run.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-10-16 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Here's the problem: You're asking for them to spend a lot of development time to balance the old world. Assuming they do that, there would also need to be incentive to, you know, actually go do things in the old world. If it's gear then not only do they have to balance the content itself, they have to balance all of the gear contained within it. If you make it cosmetic, you're asking them to spend a metric fuckton of development time to do something that most people won't even bother with. The reality is that even though the content exists, it was never designed with longevity in mind (unlike other games which reuse old content). Timewalking is the compromise we have right now. There are also indications with Legion Timewalking that Blizzard may be interested in expanding the relevance of this type of content so I can see a world where we may see more added to this feature moving forward. Regardless, I don't see a world where "all content is made relevant again."
    Again though, I am not saying that you need to make all content relevant, just some content.

The question I pose is how you would personally design a system in which ab old expansion is relevant to max level content. The parameters I set was a minimum of a single zone and a small selection of dungeons.

You don't need to make all of the Broken isles relevant if you want Legion content to be relevant for instance, but maybe you want something where Chromite asks you to find a selection of herbs from Stormheim, as well as defeat some Vrykul.
    Or indeed as I suggested, an event that places an instanced version of an old zone into the game that functions as an extension of the current Timewalking system only being in old dungeons.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Again though, I am not saying that you need to make all content relevant, just some content.

The question I pose is how you would personally design a system in which ab old expansion is relevant to max level content. The parameters I set was a minimum of a single zone and a small selection of dungeons.

You don't need to make all of the Broken isles relevant if you want Legion content to be relevant for instance, but maybe you want something where Chromite asks you to find a selection of herbs from Stormheim, as well as defeat some Vrykul.
    Or indeed as I suggested, an event that places an instanced version of an old zone into the game that functions as an extension of the current Timewalking system only being in old dungeons.
    And again, there needs to rewards in the content for people to engage with it... otherwise there's no point. Gear requires too much balancing, cosmetic rewards aren't enough of a draw. If your suggestion is "just make more Timewalking content," then I think the addition of things like MT and Legion M+ are an indication that they're doing this already.

I don't care what Blizz does with old content as long as I can still do everything I can do today in the way I do it today :]
    (I worded my statement specifically to counter any "well you can still farm transmog just with a group" ideas lol)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    People praising WoW for having years worth of content are simply liars because of this.
    That's not true, I do more old content than I do current content for players like me there is literally years worth of content.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

The m+ Timewalking is the best solution, just slowly expand it.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    The m+ Timewalking is the best solution, just slowly expand it.
    That is just dungeons though, there is a whole mountain of open world content like dailies, rares and even enviromental challenges that could be utilized to really beef up Timewalking.

I mean they have timewalking, which is decent fun, I particularly like them picking an iconic raid from each so we can replay things like Ulduar, that's good. They also added a rep buff encouraging going back to those zones for their rep grinds during the event, also good.

And apparently with Legion we'll get to see legion M+ dungeons again and the mage tower again? That's good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

That is just dungeons though, there is a whole mountain of open world content like dailies, rares and even enviromental challenges that could be utilized to really beef up Timewalking.
    I guess my bias since that's mostly what I care about.

With old zones, the trouble is that the non-remastered ones just look absolutely terrible. If I were a dev I wouldn't even want people seeing the old trees lol.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

With old zones, the trouble is that the non-remastered ones just look absolutely terrible. If I were a dev I wouldn't even want people seeing the old trees lol.
    The same is true for dungeons though. The TBC dungeons are both horribly designed by todays standards, and also quite dull and drab.
    It's more on the idea that dungeons were given a neww lease on life with Timewalking, and I wonder if something similar could be done with the expansions as a whole.

The major problem is power creep... older bosses have no real way to press a player who has access to the current level of defenses, healing, mobility ,and even casts while moving.

A lot of content would need to be reworked or left locked on normal mode.

Yeah, I got bored on the PTR and decided to just...Area-51-run a Horde druid through Alliance zones and see how many levels and how many deaths resulted. (More of the former than the latter, by the way.) Anyway: trees in Duskwood look like paper cutouts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Wow, thats cool! I'm going to try /yell boo in Elwynn when I get online later!
    I think they removed the damage from the taunt ability. But yeah, as silly as it was, it was cool.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I think they removed the damage from the taunt ability. But yeah, as silly as it was, it was cool.
    Well if I came in as a Worgen they for sure would be dying from fear. It's just realistic :-)

But yeah I agree with the initial point, to downscale you like they do in Final Fantasy. WoW got that in party sync, but would be nice if they implemented it as single player or in certain areas/zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    they can't even make current content relevant, what makes you think they would waste time/resources on trying to pull some old content up?

The only reason I like old content is because I don't have to play it. Don't ruin that for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Put world quests all over the world.

...Actually, wasn't this planned to be added in BFA due to its popularity in Legion? I might not be remembering something so don't quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The Cata legendary daggers are still in game. So is the Green Fire questline.

Good to know. Because I mever did those questlines when they were current myself (I need to buy new computers is why I haven't played WoW since mid-Legion LOL).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crix View Post
    The major problem is power creep... older bosses have no real way to press a player who has access to the current level of defenses, healing, mobility ,and even casts while moving.

A lot of content would need to be reworked or left locked on normal mode.
    No, the major problem is the lack of incentive or reason for people to go back and do legacy content even if they didn't do it themselves before. We already know Blizzard can temporarily lower folks' power levels. In fact it's a big part of the Recruit a Friend Mechanics.

A way to make legacy content relevant to max level players would be to incentivize it with Gold, Rep and level-appropriate gear. You could also add additional quests or repeatable quests as well.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10.0 needs some real innovation (at least on legion level).

I doubt that WoW would profit too much on copying FF14 scale and replay-ability since WoW was never built with that in mind.

And idgaf what your opinion on any of the topics of the last few weeks was but can we agree on that Blizz needs a new PR and communication department? Endwalker media tour stomped anything the WoW devs did the last years into the ground even with the budget difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Good to know. Because I mever did those questlines when they were current myself (I need to buy new computers is why I haven't played WoW since mid-Legion LOL).
    I've been working on the rogue questline on and off, just because Dragon Soul is not fun to farm mostly.

But what did go away was the Feat of Strength for doing the Green Fire questline before WoD released, which gave the unique title of "of the Black Harvest". Just for sake of clarity.