10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    I don't know about dragons having anything to do with the next expansion, but I'm pretty sure Light and Shadow will be involved. I haven't seen that much about dragons during Shadowlands or at least not as much as light and shadow, but then again I got sick to death of the way things are and quit after 9.1.
    Only dragon thing is that infinite Dragon pirate boss in the new dungeon so yes, not much dragons.

And no they shouldn't kill Anduin off @Fiercelord It would be a waste of a character.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-10-17 at 01:40 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It is clear that we've been teased with future expansion concepts and I feel like Dragon Isles should be next.

1) We've been teased with Dragon Isles in BfA. If I remember correctly, some of the Wrathion's agents mentioned it and the isles were mentioned in one of these island expedition quests? I am not 100% sure, but I feel like it's been teased silently. Personally, EK and Kalimdor HD revamp is a dream come true for me with Dragon Isles being the center of expansion (above Lordaeron). Kalecgos and few others desperately need new HD models. Infinite dragonflight the main evil force. Boss in Tazavesh.

2) Void & Light. We've been teased with that in Shadowlands. The Naaru in Revendreth and Void short questline in Bastion with void forces invading. This whole thing to me feels the same way we've been teased with Kul Tiran & Zandalari prisoners in Azsuna back in Legion. It was so obvious. Yrel is something Devs made as an obvious choice for "evil" part of the Light. I am certain Turalyon won't be evil and I wonder why are people saying that. But it will be interesting indeed. Hopefully Anduin doesn't make it this expansion because I'm tired of him the same way I was tired with Saurfang. I think there are far more interesting characters that deserve the spotlight. Thrall has been gone for a while, brought back for Shadowlands and I'm already bored of him as well (again). Back to the topic, I don't know which zones would play for this expansion, but maybe revamped EK and Kalimdor again. We've been teased with the return of Scarlet Crusade and I love it. I almost forgot about that in 8.3.

3) Personally, I wish we visit K'aresh - the destroyed homeworld of the Ethereals. Ethereals are so interesting to me and their culture design is fun. The whole planet could be the same as Argus - with parts not destroyed yet, or just still "livable". We've been teased with them as well with whole mysterious characters in Void Elf hub. The NPC disappearing for some time. The whole questline in 8.1.5 Brawler's guild with ultimate mystery around them again. We're being "studied". Fingers crossed for a playable Ethereal race. A first look into Void Lords mystery.

4) Then again, we have Azshara, Xal'atath... As a fellow Void Elf Shadow Priest main, I suppose I'm excited for whatever expansion comes, thematically.

Man... to say that we would normally be freaking out about the next expac reveal in 2/3 weeks, debunking all the fake expansions leaks... getting the hype train ready and already speculating about the virtual ticket bonuses and their meaning. I really miss the Blizzcon hype so much, this thread feels too quiet. Blizzconline just doesn't have the same aura around it, it doesn't feel as grand... yet it would be better than this drought we've been going through this year.

Hopefully in 2021 we'll get a november Blizzcon? Maybe possibly?
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercelord View Post
    The whole planet could be the same as Argus - with parts not destroyed yet, or just still "livable".
    Considering the monumental half-assing that Argus got: I suspect you'd only be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Light vs Shadow and dragons... Kinda far from each other
    Definitely not. Dragon Isles can give us lots of cool Dragon stuff, especially with the Chromatic and Infinite Flights, which could also lead into some potential void plot lines aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    Considering the monumental half-assing that Argus got: I suspect you'd only be disappointed.
    Argus was not half assed. The fuck did you expect the Legion homeworld to be?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercelord View Post
    It is clear that we've been teased with future expansion concepts and I feel like Dragon Isles should be next.

1) We've been teased with Dragon Isles in BfA. If I remember correctly, some of the Wrathion's agents mentioned it and the isles were mentioned in one of these island expedition quests? I am not 100% sure, but I feel like it's been teased silently. Personally, EK and Kalimdor HD revamp is a dream come true for me with Dragon Isles being the center of expansion (above Lordaeron). Kalecgos and few others desperately need new HD models. Infinite dragonflight the main evil force. Boss in Tazavesh.

2) Void & Light. We've been teased with that in Shadowlands. The Naaru in Revendreth and Void short questline in Bastion with void forces invading. This whole thing to me feels the same way we've been teased with Kul Tiran & Zandalari prisoners in Azsuna back in Legion. It was so obvious. Yrel is something Devs made as an obvious choice for "evil" part of the Light. I am certain Turalyon won't be evil and I wonder why are people saying that. But it will be interesting indeed. Hopefully Anduin doesn't make it this expansion because I'm tired of him the same way I was tired with Saurfang. I think there are far more interesting characters that deserve the spotlight. Thrall has been gone for a while, brought back for Shadowlands and I'm already bored of him as well (again). Back to the topic, I don't know which zones would play for this expansion, but maybe revamped EK and Kalimdor again. We've been teased with the return of Scarlet Crusade and I love it. I almost forgot about that in 8.3.

3) Personally, I wish we visit K'aresh - the destroyed homeworld of the Ethereals. Ethereals are so interesting to me and their culture design is fun. The whole planet could be the same as Argus - with parts not destroyed yet, or just still "livable". We've been teased with them as well with whole mysterious characters in Void Elf hub. The NPC disappearing for some time. The whole questline in 8.1.5 Brawler's guild with ultimate mystery around them again. We're being "studied". Fingers crossed for a playable Ethereal race. A first look into Void Lords mystery.

4) Then again, we have Azshara, Xal'atath... As a fellow Void Elf Shadow Priest main, I suppose I'm excited for whatever expansion comes, thematically.
    In my theory, I have K’aresh as 10.3

- - - Updated - - -

How I see things:

10.0 prepatch: Siege of SW Pre-Patch event with world revamp.

10.0: Dragon Isles, and plotlines on Azeroth with the Scarlet Crusade, Turalyon, Lothraxion, and Yrel. First raid is in the Dragon Isles with the Infinite and Chromatic Flight, leading into an awakened Chromatus (whose heads have been twisted by the Void, or the Infinites) as the final boss. The second raid is on AU Draenor, either on Shattrath or Farahlon, with Yrel, Lothraxion, and Prime Naaru A’dal as bosses.

Mini raid is within the Seat of the Pantheon/Realm of Order, where we battle Sargeras, but he is weakened enough for us to defeat him. We also fight some judge mf’s, cause realm of order be like a court or some shit.

If you’re wondering, I think 10.1 should be Farahlon.

10.2 gives us the Realm of Light (maybe not as a zone tho?), some Void Plots, a new raid with space pirates and Void beings, and us getting a Pantheon of Disorder.

10.3: K’aresh zone with the last raid being us against the Void Lords, with corrupted Azeroth being either the last boss or the boss before the last one.

- - - Updated - - -

As for dungeons: idfk something I guess

I do see the Undermine being the next Megadungeon however
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2021-10-17 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Only dragon thing is that infinite Dragon pirate boss in the new dungeon so yes, not much dragons.

And no they shouldn't kill Anduin off @Fiercelord It would be a waste of a character.
    No dragon stuff… aside from the story of one some being entirely dedicated to a Dragon Aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Argus was not half assed. The fuck did you expect the Legion homeworld to be?
    Corrupted as fuck. In fact: it was a surprise that Eredath was so relatively uncorrupted and that there was such an abundance of wildlife.

Thing is: there's a difference between "corrupted as fuck" and "uniform and uninspired." A whole different world, fel-corrupted or no, is potential enough for a whole xpack; what they gave us was a patch with a hell of a lot of recycled content. That is half-assing.

Corrupted as fuck. In fact: it was a surprise that Eredath was so relatively uncorrupted and that there was such an abundance of wildlife.

Thing is: there's a difference between "corrupted as fuck" and "uniform and uninspired." A whole different world, fel-corrupted or no, is potential enough for a whole xpack; what they gave us was a patch with a hell of a lot of recycled content. That is half-assing.
    Yeah, the former prized jewel of the Eredar would TOTALLY be fucked, sure. No. Why would Kil'Jaeden want that? He's fucked for joining the Legion, but even he wants to keep history around. Hell, he also likely kept the city like that cause it reminded him of his former self, as well as Velen.

Also, it's not at all recycled content. It's 3 whole new zones, with different "invasion points" to other worlds, alongside one of WoW's biggest Raids in history. Definitely not half assed whatsoever. Wanna see half assed? Look at 8.3.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wowhead.com/news/george-...updates-324531

I'm fucking mad over this.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no...he said some shit about the Alliance a couple years ago...AND???

EVERYONE'S DONE THAT! IT'S A GAME ABOUT HORDE VS ALLIANCE!!! I EXPECT PEOPLE TO SHIT TALK THE OTHER FACTION! ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE A PART OF A DAMN HORDE ROCKBAND!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I don't wanna hear the whole "But what he said was bad" shit, cause not only was that ages ago, but the fact people are removing the shit referencing him NOW is kinda desperate.

Yeah, the former prized jewel of the Eredar would TOTALLY be fucked, sure. No. Why would Kil'Jaeden want that? He's fucked for joining the Legion, but even he wants to keep history around. Hell, he also likely kept the city like that cause it reminded him of his former self, as well as Velen.
    Okay, but Rise of the Horde indicates that Kil'jaeden doesn’t have much respect for his former self. Also: Eredath still has some pretty big holes blown in it.

Also, it's not at all recycled content. It's 3 whole new zones, with different "invasion points" to other worlds, alongside one of WoW's biggest Raids in history. Definitely not half assed whatsoever. Wanna see half assed? Look at 8.3.
    "Three whole zones" is supposed to be impressive when it's a whole 'nother world, corrupted or no? Especially when two of said zones are about as distinct as Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes? And talbuks, for fuck sakes.

I mean...yeah; the raid. (Which I didn't get to see, because I picked back up in BfA and ended up tearing through Legion content; but I'll allow it.) Still: all kinds of potential for trippy weird shit even if we're just talking demons; instead, we get a three-zone patch with two of them largely interchangeable. And a fucking deer overpopulation problem.

Okay, but Rise of the Horde indicates that Kil'jaeden doesn’t have much respect for his former self. Also: Eredath still has some pretty big holes blown in it.

"Three whole zones" is supposed to be impressive when it's a whole 'nother world, corrupted or no? Especially when two of said zones are about as distinct as Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes? And talbuks, for fuck sakes.

I mean...yeah; the raid. (Which I didn't get to see, because I picked back up in BfA and ended up tearing through Legion content; but I'll allow it.) Still: all kinds of potential for trippy weird shit even if we're just talking demons; instead, we get a three-zone patch with two of them largely interchangeable. And a fucking deer overpopulation problem.
    I mean, even if you ignore that, Eredath is still the jewel of the Eredar people, and is the pinnacle of their growth as a race. It's basically a piece of history regardless.

Also, sure? Once again, you act as though Argus is supposed to be full of crazy monuments or some shit, despite the fact that 90% of it's all Fel fucked, and destroyed by the Demons. The Legion also aren't ones to really forge cities either.

- - - Updated - - -

Even then, they did a GREAT job with what they could.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    They did Azshara dirty, and this would make for an actually decent plot. A Titan-empowered Azshara would be such a brilliant villain imo.
    After how they depicted her in BfA, I really lost hope for her. They made her look and act like a fool, it would be very unrealistic to give her such a huge presence in the future. That could have worked very well before Eternal Palace and 8.3, but after that... she was my favorite Warcraft character right until the travesty she was part of in BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    Hopefully in 2021 we'll get a november Blizzcon? Maybe possibly?
    Guess you mean 2022?

I wouldn't expect any of that, the lawsuit might become more prominent during the next months and right around Blizzcon - depending on the situation / outcome - nothing might be settled. A Blizzcon with live audience would attract protestors, outside and inside. It's too much of a risk for Blizzard.
    ________

Some really want to burn all of the remaining plotlines for WoW in one single expansion, lol.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

"They did Azshara dirty, and this would make for an actually decent plot. A Titan-empowered Azshara would be such a brilliant villain imo."

How was she done dirty?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    How she was fool? She had pretty good plan (use us with hearts of Azeroth to open N'zoth prison, destroy him with dagger, win freedom) and even cooperated with Sylvanas to do that. Of course in the end she underestimated us, but that's pretty much every WoW villain.

I hope we get an expansion that sticks to its theme. BfA and SL feels like when the «applause»-sign on a sitcom-set goes off.

«This is where they shall be surprised, gasp NOW!»
    Its the small subtle things that gets to me. Makes the world feel more alive.

Like a weird NpC in a remote place just hinting on something weird. Not like now when the «secret NPC» had 10 arrows pointing towards it and blurghs out a spoiler

I mean, even if you ignore that, Eredath is still the jewel of the Eredar people, and is the pinnacle of their growth as a race. It's basically a piece of history regardless.
    And Kil'jaeden, as written in RotH, would not give a fuck for "jewels" or civilization or history.

Also, sure? Once again, you act as though Argus is supposed to be full of crazy monuments or some shit, despite the fact that 90% of it's all Fel fucked, and destroyed by the Demons. The Legion also aren't ones to really forge cities either.
    So Eredath is so precious and sacrosanct that even completely vengeance-driven Kil'jaeden would have standards about it; but also, the planet should be so completely fel-fucked as to justify being nothing but a recycled three-zone patch. Except not too fel-fucked to not still have a deer overpopulation problem. Gotcha.

Even then, they did a GREAT job with what they could.
    The music was good. The content was still half-assed. And it being a three-zone patch with talbuks for some reason was not a matter of what they "could" do; it was a deliberate choice.

And Kil'jaeden, as written in RotH, would not give a fuck for "jewels" or civilization or history.

So Eredath is so precious and sacrosanct that even completely vengeance-driven Kil'jaeden would have standards about it; but also, the planet should be so completely fel-fucked as to justify being nothing but a recycled three-zone patch. Except not too fel-fucked to not still have a deer overpopulation problem. Gotcha.

The music was good. The content was still half-assed. And it being a three-zone patch with talbuks for some reason was not a matter of what they "could" do; it was a deliberate choice.
    Of course he'd have standards. That's why Velen's statue got destroyed. Also, why would he not care about his former capital? The fuck?

As for the Talbuks, you're overlooking the fact that in that very same Zone, there exists Broken Eredar that literally thrive there as either exiles, or slaves.

- - - Updated - - -

GOATED Zone and Skybox Design

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda makes me realize: Eredath and Korthia are similar in a way...

Oh no...he said some shit about the Alliance a couple years ago...AND???

EVERYONE'S DONE THAT! IT'S A GAME ABOUT HORDE VS ALLIANCE!!! I EXPECT PEOPLE TO SHIT TALK THE OTHER FACTION! ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE A PART OF A DAMN HORDE ROCKBAND!.
    Pretty big difference between generic shit-talking the other faction and:
    "I don't play no fucking homo Alliance either, I don't play no fucking Night Elves or Gnomes. Fucking Orcs and Undead. Fuck the Alliance. Fucking die you fucking emo cock-suckers...

...I can't believe that they gave us fucking Blood Elves. They're not evil they're... you ever go in the Blood Elf city, Silvermoon? It's fucking queer looking, man...

..the undead have a dance, and they do the metal sign and bang their head, play guitar. Yeah. Go fucking cry in a river and tell me how you're gonna slit your wrists you Night Elf faggot."
    Not exactly the sort of person you want to have an NPC reference for.

Of course he'd have standards. That's why Velen's statue got destroyed. Also, why would he not care about his former capital? The fuck?
    "The fuck?" is what one should be asking Kil'jaeden. His characterization in Rise of the Horde is completely vengeance-driven, with no concern for nostalgia.

As for the Talbuks, you're overlooking the fact that in that very same Zone, there exists Broken Eredar that literally thrive there as either exiles, or slaves.
    I'm not "overlooking" anything. There being Broken there makes sense; it seems that eredar exposed to fel energy, if they don't allow themselves to be willingly corrupted, mutate into Broken. And, sure, there's precedent for different worlds randomly having the same wildlife; still, something just seems particularly lazy about there being talbuks—which are called that in both places—on both Draenor and Argus. Maybe it's that it was two xpacks back-to-back; maybe it's that a completely different world—even if fel-corrupted—shouldn't have been given such short shrift as to be reduced to a patch with two-and-a-half zones; maybe it was just one more uninspired element in an overall uninspired take; maybe it's a combination of all of the above. Leaning towards that last.

GOATED Zone and Skybox Design
    Eredath's design was okay; I did most of my Argus questing there once it became possible. Krotoran was little more than a TBC!Shadowmoon Valley knockoff, only with talbuks instead of basilisks. I say "Krotoran" because Krokuun and the Antoran Wastes, while technically two different zones, were—again—largely interchangeable.

Kinda makes me realize: Eredath and Korthia are similar in a way...
    Maybe; but Korthia's design seems like more thought went into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Pretty big difference between generic shit-talking the other faction and:

Not exactly the sort of person you want to have an NPC reference for.
    I legit hear mf's say worse shit to their FRIENDS in a MW2 lobby

- - - Updated - - -

"Maybe; but Korthia's design seems like more thought went into it."

lol the fuck?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    "Maybe; but Korthia's design seems like more thought went into it."

lol the fuck?
    Well duh? From design perspective Korthia eats Argus on breakfast. Especially gearing feel soo good, even RNG token for 200 gear is offset by drop from specific rares + quests. Collecting game is like 10x bigger than Argus and more varied. Story is longer (that's about 9.1 in general). On fresh alt you can skip to Korthia with one button, Argus required you to do ~50% of story to open invasions on EVERY character. People often complain about small zones, but it creates compacted environment where every important thing is close to each other.

Only problems with Korthia are bland environment (don't have nice spots like Mac'A.. I mean Eredath) and no flying (which was Argus problem as well).