Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The only reason why you'd play a Blood elf over a Void elf is because you enjoy being part of the Evil faction or you want to play a Paladin so desperately, there's really no other reason

Not only do Void elves have fair skin options now (which should have been in the game since 2017 btw), but they also have all the themes and elements that made Blood elves unique in TBC; the darkness and cunning, the strive for power, the desire for knowledge, the thirst for energy.
    You'd play void elf if you like playing as an addict relapsing on the first new drug that they found

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    You'd play void elf if you like playing as an addict relapsing on the first new drug that they found
    Because the Blood elves were not drug addicts in TBC?

They literally smoked satanic energy.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    My issue with the Blood Knights is that post BC, they did very, very little to differentiate them from Paladins. It's a little too 'wink wink, nudge nudge' how they are viewed as different but essentially the same. They may not be sucking their holy juice (that phrase did not work well...) out of captive being of pure Light anymore, but it would still be a welcome addition to the story for them to showcase that the Blood Knights are essentially different.

We don't gain a super great look at how the order is perceived within their own culture or within the Horde as a whole. Or even better, how Alliance forces on the other side of the battlefield might see them. They're an interesting group that gets very little attention in the game, sadly.
    Their worst era was in WoD I think, where Liadrin led her contingent of knights in chase of Terongor, yelling phrases like "Light comes for you!". It painted them as generic as paladins could be. (Although during these events was also the small bit where we got insight into Astalor's asshole-personality, which is why I think he'd make a fine subordinate if Rommath was ever elevated to prominence).

But in Legion Liadrin was very much a Horde paladin, representing her people even as they worked together with Tyrande's forces to free Suramar. Then in BFA she first recruited the nightborne into the Horde, then was one of the leaders in Arathi Warfront. Especially the latter did good to cement her as a Horde paladin and no "paladin code" stopped her from fully participating in a war of conquest.

The one theme blood elves have managed to keep through out the game is the search of practical power, the reason Reliquary exists in the first place. As Blood Knights have that in the Sunwell I think they should leave religious relationship with the Light out from their characterization.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2021-10-09 at 11:32 AM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Their worst era was in WoD I think, where Liadrin led her contingent of knights in chase of Terongor, yelling phrases like "Light comes for you!". It painted them as generic as paladins could be. (Although during these events was also the small bit where we got insight into Astalor's asshole-personality, which is why I think he'd make a fine subordinate if Rommath was ever elevated to prominence).

But in Legion Liadrin was very much a Horde paladin, representing her people even as they worked together with Tyrande's forces to free Suramar. Then in BFA she first recruited the nightborne into the Horde, then was one of the leaders in Arathi Warfront. Especially the latter did good to cement her as a Horde paladin and no "paladin code" stopped her from fully participating in a war of conquest.

The one theme blood elves have managed to keep through out the game is the search of practical power, the reason Reliquary exists in the first place. As Blood Knights have that in the Sunwell I think they should leave religious relationship with the Light out from their characterization.
    Weirdly, I think that Legion was a huge missed opportunity for Blood Knights (and Sunwalkers) with the class campaign. It was a great opportunity to really hogh;ight the differences they had with the Order of the Silver Hand. I think they should have made a much bigger deal of the orders coming together, and made it much less of a simple happy go lucky thing. The Blood Knights should have been given some room to demonstrate that they aren't just 'All about the Light' and are pragmatic, calculating and even vicious.

One thing I wish Blizzard would do would be to go back to the idea of having some different visuals for them. Even something as simple as giving them red effects as opposed to golden ones would go a long way into making them seem different, even vaguely sinister. And after that, showcase them in cutscenes and battles. The idea of going up against a vanguard of Blood Knights standing between Alliance soldiers and the Battle Mages raining down hell should be utterly terrifying. I feel likt this is somthing that Blood Elves have sorely missed. The opportunity to be utter badasses. They tend to get lost in the shuffle of Horde forces. Giving them the chance to shine at what they're good at would go a long way towards giving them back a bit of their identity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Well, as of BfA Anduinism has taken over the entirety of the Horde (with just one or two exceptions that will surely be cut down to size sooner than later),
    You mean Rokhan?

He's going to get cut down sooner or later. He is a troll leader, they exist for Blizzard to kill them off
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account

T... that's the point Valax was trying to make.

The blood elves were "cured" of their addiction too magic by getting the Sunwell back.
    The void elves "relapsed" to a new drug by snorting void, instead of staying cured through the Sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    T... that's the point Valax was trying to make.

The blood elves were "cured" of their addiction too magic by getting the Sunwell back.
    The void elves "relapsed" to a new drug by snorting void, instead of staying cured through the Sunwell.
    No he was trying to make fun of the Ren'dorei and imply that the Sin'dorei have the moral high ground.

The Void also isn't a drug, they aren't addicted to it, it's not something they smoke. And they didn't want to get twisted by it, it was an accident.

10+ Year Old Account
    The void is worse than a drug, as it has permanently warped those poor misguided Blood elves' physiology and flooded their brains with vile whispers that serve to mock, confuse, and cast doubt. Not all of them have the fortitude to fully ignore the whispers either, much like how some Blood elves are/were incapable of practicing restraint and satiating their mana addictive. Neither group are so fargone and lacking in willpower and resolve to be compared to the true mana addicts known as the Withered though.

The Void elves may not have initially intended by the force they sought out to study and harness, but every member of the race converted after the first wave eagerly warped themselves. Had the transformation not been thrust upon them in the Rift, there still would have been those volunteering to follow in Alleria's footsteps and volunteer to attempt an infusion/transformation, just as the subsequent waves of High elf and Blood elf defectors did. They all elected to populate a space swirling with void energies too, fueling them like the Sunwell does for the citizens of Silvermoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, my bad then.

Seems I have misread Valax intention...

:grumble:

3+ Year Old Account
    I'd wager the blood elves' point now are honoring their fallen high elves and they see the Alliance high elves as traitors for not taking the blood elf name to honor their brethren who died in the Scourge genocide (and for doing nothing for them while being diasporas in Stormwind/Theramore/Dalaran)

They're basically high elves who are still patriotic and are rejecting Alliance's imperialism on their territory; especially after the Alliance abandoned them and left them to fend for themselves at the mercy of the Scourge, Amani, and the Wretched for 6 years
    Last edited by Ardenaso; 2021-10-12 at 02:34 AM.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

relapsing

blood elves have been smoking that legal light crack ever since sunwell , but some elves couldn't stay clean and went OD on void until they were blue in the face.

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry folks, belfs will be struck with the Stupid Evil™ bat in one or two more expansions down the road, with Bob becoming Garrosh 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    relapsing

blood elves have been smoking that legal light crack ever since sunwell , but some elves couldn't stay clean and went OD on void until they were blue in the face.
    It was an accident. Neither Alleria nor Umbric wanted to be hit with so much Void energy at once.

The blood elves are doing fine. Their arc is finished. Now they are on the rise. Like a propery developing nation. No need to change anything. They wil cure and rebuilt what they lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the contention and bad blood between high elves and blood elves is really ridiculous when you start thinking about it too hard.

Majority of high elves in the Alliance either didn't even live in Quel'thalas after the fall, already left it for the Alliance after it withdrew from the organisation, or were stuck on another world entirelly.

They all (re)joined the Alliance because they had ties with that organisation moreso then with Quel'thalas and the Horde. The Highvale are close allies of the Alliance Wildhammer dwarves, the Allerian high elves fought with the Alliance Expedition for decades, the Silver Covenant (most likely) were high elves that weren't even in Quel'thalas and already lived in Dalaran or with other humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    Honestly, the contention and bad blood between high elves and blood elves is really ridiculous when you start thinking about it too hard.

Majority of high elves in the Alliance either didn't even live in Quel'thalas after the fall, already left it for the Alliance after it withdrew from the organisation, or were stuck on another world entirelly.

They all (re)joined the Alliance because they had ties with that organisation moreso then with Quel'thalas and the Horde. The Highvale are close allies of the Alliance Wildhammer dwarves, the Allerian high elves fought with the Alliance Expedition for decades, the Silver Covenant (most likely) were high elves that weren't even in Quel'thalas and already lived in Dalaran or with other humans.
    Or simply didn't want to siphon Satan's energies.

What you say defies Canon, where the Silver Covenant under Vereesa didn't hesitate to rush to Quel'Thalas' defense when the Zandalari and Amani invaded, to the point that they even vowed to defend what they still saw as their home.

The majority of Silver Covenant/Highvale elves are Thalassian citizens who were exiled because they didn't want to siphon the energy from Space Satan.

The majority of Silver Covenant/Highvale elves are Thalassian citizens who were exiled because they didn't want to siphon the energy from Space Satan.
    You would be right in the original concept and should be right as it's a vastly better narrative. But Blizzard quickly decided that despite having giant green crystals with fiery red eyes being one of the first thing you see when you make a blood elf, no one actually knew any of that stuff was demonic and actually, only a minority of blood elves used fel magic. Instead the high elves were upset about draining from lynxes and mana wyrms. This turns the conflict into less standing up to your nation/race's ideals vs. securing your survival and development and more the conflict between PETA and KFC, with Bob as Colonel Sanders.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    The blood elves are doing fine. Their arc is finished. Now they are on the rise. Like a propery developing nation. No need to change anything. They wil cure and rebuilt what they lost.
    Considering what "getting attention from the writers" meant for the Night elves and Forsaken, one might wonder if it isn't best to be left alone by them...

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Considering what "getting attention from the writers" meant for the Night elves and Forsaken, one might wonder if it isn't best to be left alone by them...
    Blood elves are the most played race. I don't think Blizzard will dunk on them. Too much money lost if all bloodelf players decided to abandon ship and leave WoW. I am certain they will rebuilt the kingdom properly one day. With the Ghostlands healed and Silvermoon repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Blood elves are the most played race. I don't think Blizzard will dunk on them. Too much money lost if all bloodelf players decided to abandon ship and leave WoW. I am certain they will rebuilt the kingdom properly one day. With the Ghostlands healed and Silvermoon repaired.
    I don't think people are worried that blizz will dunk on them on purpose. Rather the fact that the will accidentally do so if they start writing for X race/character. The fear that blizzard writers will just ruin anything they touch. Ofc writers don't aim to ruin X.
    In short, players don't have faith in their writing team currently.
    Error 404 - Signature not found