Can I catch up if I come back now?

I started playing Shadowlands at launch and managed to play for like first 3 weeks before i quit. My reason was to playing a weak class even though i do great dps and mostly toping charts i was getting decline to m+ and raid groups. It was also hard to find a guild whos recruiting my class so i was stuck when i was very ahead of everyone. I was lucky with drops yes and i was actually performing well no need to lie but i had a limit eventually and quit.

Been to army for 6 months and im home now playing a new mmo you probably heard of. But i still miss WoW and i was really enjoying Shadowlands. I play competitive so i need to know if i can catch up now. Blizz mostly adds catch up mechanic in the game after a while not sure if they implemented it yet for shadowlands. If you let me know what has changed since the launch and if catching up is possible i may come back tonight and play the game that i have fun playing.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I just checked my ilvl its 194. I don't know if it's bad or decent now
    Last edited by Lemonop; 2021-10-17 at 10:49 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    You have huge amount of time, there will be not new patch before march

Good ilvl now is 245+ so you are very low to start out. However you can get to 220+ very fast with Korthia and low m+.

Renown catchup is very fast too, so to get to the level of being able to do like weekly 15's it shouldn't be more than a few weeks of play if you are playing a decent amount. Getting invites is easy for tanks/healers, but hard for dps. I suggest doing your own key.

Nothing is timegated for catching up, you could do it in a no life session within a single lockout.

For gear: If you are playing solo and hope to find a pug that is going to take a low geared player without m+ rating you are going to have a bad, bad day. You need friends or a guild to help you, but with them it's also just a few weeks until you're up to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonop View Post
    I started playing Shadowlands at launch and managed to play for like first 3 weeks before i quit. My reason was to playing a weak class even though i do great dps and mostly toping charts i was getting decline to m+ and raid groups. It was also hard to find a guild whos recruiting my class so i was stuck when i was very ahead of everyone. I was lucky with drops yes and i was actually performing well no need to lie but i had a limit eventually and quit.

Been to army for 6 months and im home now playing a new mmo you probably heard of. But i still miss WoW and i was really enjoying Shadowlands. I play competitive so i need to know if i can catch up now. Blizz mostly adds catch up mechanic in the game after a while not sure if they implemented it yet for shadowlands. If you let me know what has changed since the launch and if catching up is possible i may come back tonight and play the game that i have fun playing.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I just checked my ilvl its 194. I don't know if it's bad or decent now
    Plenty of time to catch up. The catch-up mechanics are getting better, even easier in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    You have huge amount of time, there will be not new patch before march
    Well, that is wrong? 9.1.5 is most likely before the anniversary in November..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    I would come back in November, because there is an anniversary and Halloween event, plus there should be 9.1.5 already.