Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Breaking News: The heart of President Biden's climate agenda — a push to replace coal- and gas-fired power plants — is said to likely be cut from the budget bill because Senator Joe Manchin opposes it.

Ah the time when Dems coulda done something but we have a piece of crap Senator from WV blocking and gutting, possibly killing the any progress the Dems can do.
    Man, I wish there was a great way to just basically have the Democrats ignore them for the rest of their political careers. Seriously, just once I want Democrats to actually go big, because each time they get close it's still darned popular (ACA) and the few major economic initiatives we've seen in US history are largely both hugely popular (especially after the fact, like the ACA) and hugely beneficial.

Wish more of them had the spine to go big, and I can't wait until they can ignore the shitass sticks in the mud that only seem interested in fundraising and hanging out with lobbyists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, I wish there was a great way to just basically have the Democrats ignore them for the rest of their political careers. Seriously, just once I want Democrats to actually go big, because each time they get close it's still darned popular (ACA) and the few major economic initiatives we've seen in US history are largely both hugely popular (especially after the fact, like the ACA) and hugely beneficial.

Wish more of them had the spine to go big, and I can't wait until they can ignore the shitass sticks in the mud that only seem interested in fundraising and hanging out with lobbyists.
    They need to win more seats to do that, unfortunately.

A lot of people are under the impression that this rather straightforwards numbers game is a matter of "democrats not wanting it enough" or "I guess Biden doesn't really want it" rather than the simple "they don't have the 2/3s required because republicans wont vote for it" or "the 50/50 vote isn't there because Sinema/Manchin don't want to."

If the math isn't there, it isn't there.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Breaking News: The heart of President Biden's climate agenda — a push to replace coal- and gas-fired power plants — is said to likely be cut from the budget bill because Senator Joe Manchin opposes it.

Ah the time when Dems coulda done something but we have a piece of crap Senator from WV blocking and gutting, possibly killing the any progress the Dems can do.
    Well, don't matter anymore, does anything really anymore? Planet's fucked. Probably already was proper fucked but now there's no possibility it's not. Game over. Im sure some mental midgets out there still think all is well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Well, his son owns and runs a huge coal brokarage company, so it's not like it's anything personal. He's just looking out for his states best interests!
    - Lars

Welp I'm revising my opinion that both bills would likely pass together--I realized in the last few days that Sinema's positions have McConnell's fingerprints all over them, and then I read this morning that Sinema got maximum donations from top GOP donors. McConnell assured his people that he had flipped Sinema on raising taxes on the rich and corporations back in May.

Quoting myself from yesterday elsewhere:

Whoever is buying/advising Sinema is playing McConnell-level hardball. Her positions, should she hold on to them, are meant to inflict maximum humiliation and demoralization on progressives and both elected and rank and file Democrats alike. No prescription drug negotiation and no raised taxes on the wealthy and corporations of course means the bill's not paid for, and you can't even really negotiate around it for fewer years or cut programs. Time ticking against progressives means all the pressure will be on them to completely capitulate to Sinema to pass the bill she's been bragging about securing, and then she can stiff everyone on reconciliation as she is all but promising by insisting the BIF pass first, which is where we were the week of September 27th. It will be--and is meant to be--deeply humiliating and demoralizing (lesson-teaching, one might say) for every Democrat besides Manchin and Sinema. No one understands better than McConnell the electoral virtue and momentum harnessing power of winning, along with the psychic blow it deals to the loser's base. And now everyone's antsy for them to pass (anything) it because McAuliffe is wilting under Biden being on the back foot, among other things, as if that would help in VA and '22 and '24, and frankly it's not clear a Pyrrhic BIF victory even would. All that said, after Biden's commission on the Supreme Court resolutely refused to meet the moment, I am even more on the side of Kill the Bill. I am no longer hopeful democracy can be saved, but giving this win and this momentum to Sinema and the Republicans is the more destructive option to that cause.

It's a trap, and Democrats will likely walk straight into it thinking something is better than nothing. It's not. But they'll be so frantic to pass anything that all Sinema has to do is wait, as I'm sure McConnell has told her.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

I know this sub-forum is filled with the absolute most cult like demonrats, but can you please explain to me, why you still think potato joe is doing a good job? Even the MSM is wising up to the disaster that is the Biden/Harris partnership. Rampant inflation, Covid running wild, porus borders, crime sky-rocketing, food shortages as well as other products, and much much more!

Someone tell me, what do you see in this decrepit old fool. Edge? (the one with the very suspect under-age girl avatar) what's your opinion?

Let's go Brandon!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    I know this sub-forum is filled with the absolute most cult like demonrats, but can you please explain to me, why you still think potato joe is doing a good job? Even the MSM is wising up to the disaster that is the Biden/Harris partnership. Rampant inflation, Covid running wild, porus borders, crime sky-rocketing, food shortages as well as other products, and much much more!

Someone tell me, what do you see in this decrepit old fool. Edge? (the one with the very suspect under-age girl avatar) what's your opinion?

Let's go Brandon!
    Lmao ya'll need to get some better material.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this sub-forum is filled with the absolute most cult like demonrats, but can you please explain to me, why you still think potato joe is doing a good job?
    I wouldn't call not acting like a fascist a "good job", but given that seems to be too tall an order for Republicans these days I suppose Biden deserves some credit for not being a narcissistic piece of shit.

Don't let me interrupt your projection, though. You were saying?
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-10-17 at 09:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Let's go Brandon!
    It's always funny when worthless idiots on the internet assume that left-leaning people like being forced to support Democrats. Guess what, buttercup, if the other option wasn't a party full of reality-denying fascist theocrats, who would seemingly love nothing more than to see the world burn so long as they've funneled enough money to their rich friends before it happened...well...there would be a lot fewer "cult-like Democrats" around here.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-10-17 at 09:38 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's always funny when worthless idiots on the internet assume that left-leaning people like being forced to support Democrats. Guess what, buttercup, if the other option wasn't a party full of reality-denying fascist theocrats, who would seemingly love nothing more than to see the world burn so long as they've funneled enough money to their rich friends before it happened...well...there would be a lot fewer "cult-like Democrats" around here.
    Pretty much this.

Our two party system's just devolved into 'Regressive Theocratic Ethnofacists' and 'The guys who aren't the Regressive Theocratic Ethnofacists', with the latter attaining popularity by virtue of not being a party who's not actively pushing legislation harmful to large swathes of the American Electorate or hosting White Supremist fucksticks.

And I wish the Republicans hadn't shoved the Overton window so far right that this is now the sad state of things, because this country could do much better with -actual- Progressive and Mixed-Ideology parties instead of our entire political history of the last twenty years being 'One party shits the bed and then whines that the room smells like shit when the opposition party makes the bare minimum effort to clean it up'.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I wouldn't call not acting like a fascist a "good job", but given that seems to be too tall an order for Republicans these days I suppose Biden deserves some credit for not being a narcissistic piece of shit.

Don't let me interrupt your projection, though. You were saying?
    No he just drones kids instead.

We dont talk about Biden just casually annihilating child poverty in the US

https://www.economist.com/united-sta...ldren/21804765

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump supporters have no grounds to be complaining about civilian casualties from drone strikes; https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...e-2016-2020-12

I'm anything but a fan of Biden, but we definitely see the hypocritical chicanery Trumpsters engage in.

blah blah blah Covid running wild blah blah blah
    Are you really trying to blame the ongoing COVID mess on D's?

Tell me, who's against vaccine mandates. Or for that matter just mask mandates cause my "FREEDUMS"? Which party has been pushing untested "remedies" as cures?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this sub-forum is filled with the absolute most cult like demonrats, but can you please explain to me, why you still think potato joe is doing a good job? Even the MSM is wising up to the disaster that is the Biden/Harris partnership. Rampant inflation,
    According to whom?

Everything I've seen shows that inflation is following expected trends.

Covid running wild,
    Thanks to republican legislators banning mask and vaccine mandates.

Look at the states who are doing the worst on COVID. What do you notice about their political alignment?

porus borders,
    lemme guess, dey terk er jerbs!

crime sky-rocketing,
    A quick google search showed that Murder in the US rose highest in 2020, particularly over the summer.

Who was president then?

food shortages as well as other products, and much much more!
    Are you still going on about hamburger shortages?

The republicans tried to make that a thing like six months ago. It's not going to catch on as a thing.

Let's go Brandon!
    And hey you know, maybe all of these things you're complaining about, whether they be half-truths or wholly imagined, might stem from the colossal pandemic gripping the world that Trump did nothing to stop, and that the republicans continue to seek to prolong?

But hey, it's just one person from China, right?

Sorry. If you supported Trump, you have zero high ground to claim authority on... anything. Social, economic, political... you torched any claim at that you had in caring about those things long ago. You're just angry Trump lost, and that nobody (well, nobody that matters in the political or academic sphere) is out for Biden's blood... not because he's a democrat, but because he's doing better than Trump.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-10-17 at 10:14 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Every president "drones kids." Pretend to care when it's not a Democrat in office, and maybe people will take you seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Are you really trying to blame the ongoing COVID mess on D's?

Tell me, who's against vaccine mandates. Or for that matter just mask mandates cause my "FREEDUMS"? Which party has been pushing untested "remedies" as cures?
    If the Demoncraps had just let God's Chosen One ban all people who are Muslims from entering the country, then the one person coming from China would have been totally under even more control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I was about to say that it's more like a cult-like anti-GoP sentiment lately, due to the blatant fascist, racist, and otherwise dangerous tendencies displayed by the GoP in the last 5+ years. Before then I leaned Democrat at best, largely disillusioned with both major parties and thus voting third-party for years.

But I've come to view the GoP as nothing short of an existential threat to democracy in this country, and I'm not even remotely the only one who's been brought to that way of thinking over the last few years. Everything bad that could realistically be laid at the feet of individual Democrat politicians, the GoP has done the same but far worse. And as if that's not bad enough, the GoP and their voter base continually condone and reinforce their monstrous actions.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Let's go Brandon!
    Tell me, pure ignorance, which one of those he can control? He has deported more in 10 months than Trump did his entire presidency, Covid is running wild because of dumbass Republicans doing anything they can to not actually protect themselves, he is trying to fix the food shortages and whatnot, dunno why he would be blamed for crime, and inflation isn't controlled by the president.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump did far worse, and got more soldiers killed, especially since the 13 that died on the way out of Afghanistan are 100% on Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a problem with America regardless who's ass is planted in the Oval Office, which you're well aware of since you weren't saying shit when Trump or Bush was doing it.

Also, let's not pretend any of you give a shit about anyone's kids either: y'all tried to gut CHIP. At least Biden is trying to get more money to families that need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.