Page 77 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also I see a lot of the cataclysm zones are being reworked and re-edited (the former vanilla levelling zones). To be honest I been very vocal for years on this forum bout how much I hated the Cataclysm zone reworks. Just get rid of all the quests I say. 80% of the Cata quests in the old world were pop culture references, in jokes, and parodies, Redridge Mountains was just one big homage to Rambo, all using dialogue that doesnt fit in the Warcraft universe. 'Hot babes' who uses these terms in a fantays setting (more specifically Warcraft)? These zones totally took away from the immersion, and in my opinion is one of the many reason why cataclysm remains my worst expansion of al time.

Personally can we just burn all of the Cataclysm old world so I never have to see it again. why stop at the quests lol. The only downside to these reworks to the quest text is its created some awful dialogue in its place, very inoffensive awkward dialogue. Because the original text was treating it as a 'joke' the rework comes along and tried to take it seriously which in turn makes the punchline have no punchline, so its just awkward :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-10-17 at 11:10 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Not my fault you guys shifted the overton window so left you think we're right wingers
    Video Games demonstrating they have no clue what words or... concepts mean in a poor attempt to mask their reactionary proclivities... yet again...

I mean I'll go ahead and point out the OBIVOUS truths about the real world:

the democrat's are not packing the courts with federal judges who refer to themselves as Xe Xer or Xem

there is no "trans rights" caucus in congress or anywhere in government.

there are no laws either being presented or on the books that say you have to refer to people as their preferred pronouns

never mind that NONE of the real polices or legislation that leftist's advocate for exist anywhere in this country. you're just talking completely out of your ass. it's your ignorance and the confidence in your ignorance that makes you look like a typical right wing reactionary. walks like a duck, talks like a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    Video Games demonstrating they have no clue what words or... concepts mean in a poor attempt to mask their reactionary proclivities... yet again...

the democrat's are not packing the courts with federal judges who refer to themselves as Xe Xer or Xem

there are no laws either being presented or on the books that say you have to refer to people as their preferred pronouns

never mind that NONE of the real polices or legislation that leftist's advocate for exist anywhere in this country. you're just talking completely out of your ass. it's your ignorance and the confidence in your ignorance that makes you look like a typical right wing reactionary. walks like a duck, talks like a duck.
    Watch out. Use any language in her presence that could be in any way deemed "charged," and she will try to shut down the discussion by making it all about how you used a "buzzword."

Anyway: the Overton window of the U.S. is not left-skewed by any stretch of the rational imagination. And the idea that communism is a going concern here is just plain silly. But it's not as if FUD needs to hold up under scrutiny; its intended targets won't be scrutinizing it.

15+ Year Old Account

And yet I am reactionary right winger that is *checks notes*
    Clinton supporter
    Al gore supporter
    Obama supoter
    pro ubi
    pro universal health care
    pro free college
    pro gay marriage
    pro stricter gun laws
    pro reduction of military budget in favor of education
    pro choice
    pro increase of minimum wage
    anti censorship
    anti war

But no, me being anti sjw makes me a right winger. Ok :^)
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-10-18 at 01:09 AM.

And yet I am reactionary right winger that is *checks notes*
    Clinton supporter
    Al gore supporter
    Obama supoter
    pro ubi
    pro universal health care
    pro free college
    pro gay marriage
    pro stricter gun laws
    pro reduction of military budget in favor of education
    pro choice
    anti censorship
    anti war

But no, me being anti sjw makes me a right winger. Ok :^)
    alright, I mean this is the first time you've ever bothered to lay out your positions in any capacity beyond your disdain for the people who advocate for all those things on top of social justice, which, you know, gave us things like legal gay marriage and access to abortions. going so far as to say "the personal is political" is a radical notion and not one of the core ideas behind cementing and maintaining legal access to abortions... again it's your ignorance that doesn't help you here.

alright, I mean this is the first time you've ever bothered to lay out your positions in any capacity beyond your disdain for the people who advocate for all those things on top of social justice, which, you know, gave us things like legal gay marriage and access to abortions. going so far as to say "the personal is political" is a radical notion and not one of the core ideas behind cementing and maintaining legal access to abortions... again it's your ignorance that doesn't help you here.
    Hell, most of those positions will get you branded an "SJW" by most self-proclaimed "anti-SJWs." But, then again, she didn't admit that black and Asian lives matter (and are devalued); she might get a pass from that lot for saying "all lives matter" in such a way that it comes off as deflection rather than assent.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-18 at 01:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    There we have it. I'm still not left enough because i don't use stupid ass empty slogans. You guys crack me up every time you prove me right

There we have it. I'm still not left enough because i don't use stupid ass empty slogans. You guys crack me up every time you prove me right
    literally all of the things you listed could be written off as stupid ass empty slogans, but go off queen.

literally all of the things you listed could be written off as stupid ass empty slogans, but go off queen.
    And your typical "anti-SJW" would call admitting to any of those views "virtue signaling "
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-18 at 02:25 AM.

This thread should be locked at this point... just devolved to who's fart smells better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    This thread should be locked at this point... just devolved to who's fart smells better.
    I dunno why its still open even though the other one from a few days ago was locked
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Rofl -- you can't even parse "because the devs can" as a valid opinion. I'm sorry dude, not everybody has to buy into the outrage culture you're trying to defend. Sometimes things in this world just happen. There doesn't have to be a narrative or a reason behind it. And you certainly don't need to spend hours of your life arguing with people because you want to prove to everybody that these meaningless changes are evidence of puritanical SJWs infiltrating your precious game development company.
    Ah yes, I am certainly into the outrage "culture", what other reason could I possible have? Surely not questions about game direction or if this is how Blizzard is trying to fix it's inner rot, right?
    But why are you yourself then arguing with people for hours and hours? What are you trying to prove and to whom?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Best leave it open otherwise it'll seep into other threads and the mods are gonna have a headache keeping up with it all. I would prefer people speak about these changes, even if most of the comments here are a little over reactionary to them :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-10-18 at 02:41 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Best leave it open otherwise it'll seep into other threads and the mods are gonna have a headache keeping up with it all. I would prefer people speak about these changes, eve if most of the comments area little over reactionary to them :P
    Yup, best way to handle some of the more 'special' posters here is to sequester them into a never ending thread spiralling into tthe sjw equivalent of a dick measuring contest.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Even with the current current legal battles ongoing GW is an absolute midget compared to Acti-Blizz and it's completely laughable that they would try to make a trademark claim (not copyright, that's a different form of IP) on the term "greenskin" when both companies' orc/orks/orruks are highly derivative of earlier works. Even if they miraculously did manage to persuade a judge that they should have a trademark on "greenskin" in the realm of video games, Blizzard likely won't have to change any dialogue because it would be seen as common usage to call a creature with green skin "greenskin."

On top of that, why would they want to "chance it" with Blizzard? Trademark claims aren't "scams" and they don't stand to gain anything from it, mostly it's to protect their right to protect their IP due to some weird clauses in the laws.

Given the context of what is happening at Blizz it seems infinitely more likely that someone decided that addressing a person by their skin colour wasn't a good look any more and they wanted to change it.
    Copyright in of it self Isn’t a scam, but I’d say making bogus claims and waiting for
    Some one to put up the money to chance it is one like what they did with space marines or I’d say what there doing with the recent changes.

As to why they would chance it that would be the same reason they did it with space marines they could want to lock it down for just there own use and pushing around blizzard when there already swamped with other cases and might not want to fight any more would be a easy way to get there biggest competitor off the board.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-10-18 at 03:16 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Copyright in of it self Isn’t a scam, but I’d say making bogus claims and waiting for
    Some one to put up the money to chance it is one like what they did with space marines or I’d say what there doing with the recent changes.

As to why they would chance it that would be the same reason they did it with space marines they could want to lock it down for just there own use and pushing around blizzard when there already swamped with other cases and might not want to fight any more would be a easy way to get there biggest competitor off the board.
    Again though, Games Workshop wouldn't gain anything. At best they only have to pay for their lawyer to send a letter, at worst they're paying legal fees and possibly their opposition's. It isn't like patent-trolls who aim to get a payout from companies they challenge, GW's aim is to make sure their IP is protected and it is far, far too late for them to suddenly decide that Blizzard is stepping on their toes, especially as both of their works are derivative of Tolkien and Forgotten Realms.

Also in what way are Blizzard the biggest competitor to Games Workshop? Sure they both have fantasy IPs but one company makes video games and the other fantasy miniatures. And even if they were competing in the same markets and by some miracle GW persuaded a judge they should have the trademark for a generic term like "greenskin" being used in casual conversation, what sort of edge do you think GW would get by forcing Blizz to do a find+replace on that term?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    Yup, best way to handle some of the more 'special' posters here is to sequester them into a never ending thread spiralling into tthe sjw equivalent of a dick measuring contest.
    It's funny how you think 'EMERGERD WOKE SJWs' are the issue, when the outrage is coming from precisely the opposite type of people.

But hey,. you keep projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    I have a blue check mark on Twitter. Do I win?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    It's funny how you think 'EMERGERD WOKE SJWs' are the issue, when the outrage is coming from precisely the opposite type of people.

But hey,. you keep projecting.
    just speaking for myself, but the issue isn't the content of the changes as making the game more inclusive doesn't diminish the fun for me, and getting more players on board is always good. The problem is the decision making blizzard devs use. The game has been starved of good content and needs the next patch, but this is what they decide is more important than actually working on content.

Next, I don't believe the blue posts they put out for the justification of removing content outright. I've always been against removing content, or modifying it years later. It's understandable that they do it, since we now live in a world were years ancient twitter posts get dredged up just to shit on people, but all of this isn't to help make the game more inclusive, it's to cover blizz's ass against future fits people could have about old content.

If they really want to make the game more inclusive, then they should do that with new (good!) content, but clearly the dev team is swamped with serving corporate interests. I've seen more than enough outrage and screaming from both the sjw crowd here as the anti change people, and all that's come from it is nothing but bickering. one might think that there really isn't anything to win in this shit throwing contest, when both teams are covered in feaces.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Again though, Games Workshop wouldn't gain anything. At best they only have to pay for their lawyer to send a letter, at worst they're paying legal fees and possibly their opposition's. It isn't like patent-trolls who aim to get a payout from companies they challenge, GW's aim is to make sure their IP is protected and it is far, far too late for them to suddenly decide that Blizzard is stepping on their toes, especially as both of their works are derivative of Tolkien and Forgotten Realms.

Also in what way are Blizzard the biggest competitor to Games Workshop? Sure they both have fantasy IPs but one company makes video games and the other fantasy miniatures. And even if they were competing in the same markets and by some miracle GW persuaded a judge they should have the trademark for a generic term like "greenskin" being used in casual conversation, what sort of edge do you think GW would get by forcing Blizz to do a find+replace on that term?
    They stand to gain the exact same thing as when they went after space marine IE others not using the term and given there past experience they don’t even need to follow through it blizzard wants to fight them for it.

Blizzard is there biggest competitor in the use of green skins, it GW wants to do a big orc push they could want to be the only big name using the term and just throwing an email to blizzard to see if it works could do that.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.