Question on covenant table

Has anyone figured out if the companions start to heal only after you complete a quest or do they heal before you click complete? The UI itself is obscure (even with addons) because it appears to not even report the current quest's health but the health they had when you started the quest!

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe, they get healed during the battle if there is a healer, but they will not start to regen until their mission is complete?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I believe, they get healed during the battle if there is a healer, but they will not start to regen until their mission is complete?
    Is that a guess?

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Has anyone figured out if the companions start to heal only after you complete a quest or do they heal before you click complete? The UI itself is obscure (even with addons) because it appears to not even report the current quest's health but the health they had when you started the quest!
    They definitely heal even before completing the quest in the UI. On my alts that just unlocked the renown followers I just log in every other day and they are always fully healed (although they only have 5 followers that are constantly sent and there is no healer (or level up, obviously)).
    Last edited by Puri; 2021-10-13 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    They definitely heal even before completing the quest in the UI. On my alts that just unlocked the renown followers I just log in every other day and they are always fully healed (although they only have 5 followers that are constantly sent and there is no healer).
    Thanks. Yeah I also think I saw that once or twice because I checked them like 12 hours later and they were filled, so I guess that confirms it.

They start healing after the mission timer is up, doesn't matter if you click complete or not. I'm 100% sure, you can check by sending a mission in the morning, complete it in the evening, they will be badly hurt, complete it next morning and they will be at 100% unless it was a realllly long mission

You can also see it if you fail a mission, they should be at 1 hp then, but usually they are already halfway healed (unless obviously it finished recently).

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    they absolutely 100% start to heal after the mission timer is done. so if you start a 3 hour mission at say 10pm and you lose (companions die) they will be mostly healed by the time you wake up at say 7am or whatever because they will have been healing for 6 hours

My guess is nobody cares enough about this to actually test the healing rate, but they definitely do start healing as soon as the mission completes, even if you don't click on it and get the rewards.

Another stupid feature that should never have made it live-- paying anima to heal followers. Has anyone ever deliberately done this, other than just to see if it works?

10+ Year Old Account
    Healing starts as soon as the mission has finished. Doesn’t matter when you check on it. I’ve tested this early on.

Now that you can get more anima than you ever need there's no reason not to use the anima heal if your companions are still injured.

If there is a healer during the battle they can heal that way. Otherwise once the mission duration finishes they start healing. So if you have a 4 hour mission and you check back on it in 12 hours then they would have ~8 hours worth of healing. This is easily checked by using addons like VenturePlan/Covenant Helper and seeing your health %'s at the end of battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    This is easily checked by using addons like VenturePlan/Covenant Helper and seeing your health %'s at the end of battle.
    Are you sure? The HP shown is stuck to the one before they started that mission itself.
    Unless you mean after you hit the button to complete the mission.

Are you sure? The HP shown is stuck to the one before they started that mission itself.
    Unless you mean after you hit the button to complete the mission.
    Multiple people have already told you how it works. Why even ask if you're not gonna believe the answer?

Yes, they start healing once the mission is completed, regardless of whether you collect rewards or not.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Multiple people have already told you how it works. Why even ask if you're not gonna believe the answer?

Yes, they start healing once the mission is completed, regardless of whether you collect rewards or not.
    Can you read the thread before you troll people? The OP question has been answered and I confirmed it myself.
    I was talking about the display of HP only.