View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    "At least 10 times worse" were the words of some economics reports I read over the past few weeks. So I'll stick with that number.

lets have the tickets thanks,

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-getting-worse

I guess there is a good reason why its called the Global Supply chain
    Last edited by sircaw; 2021-10-17 at 05:56 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    yep watched the BBC press view a few nights ago, they said the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

it still makes your point untrue, its happening all over the world just not the uk.
    And the only reason the UK may be slightly suffering moreso from the global supply chain difficulties is because, thanks to Brexit in another Brexit benefit, Britain's economy will have a faster rate of growth than any G7 economy.

https://www.cityam.com/uk-muscles-ou...growth-league/

When you are booming, thanks to Brexit, from unprecedented demand thanks to the power of the British consumer it can take a little while for global supply chains to catch up with that demand. Obviously a stagnant economy will not have the same problems.

Must be frustrating that as soon as remainers find the tiniest thing they think they can pin on Brexit, with a little in depth analysis it turns out to be a Brexit benefit!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

5+ Year Old Account
    Ideally we'd like you not to feed the burner accounts, but at least snip your replies. It decreases the amount we have to remove and we'd prefer you all be able to keep what you post.

(And before you ask, "Why don't you change things xyz to improve things?" that's above my control and the admin replies are known in S&F)
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    And the only reason the UK may be slightly suffering moreso from the global supply chain difficulties is because, thanks to Brexit in another Brexit benefit, Britain's economy will have a faster rate of growth than any G7 economy.

https://www.cityam.com/uk-muscles-ou...growth-league/

When you are booming, thanks to Brexit, from unprecedented demand thanks to the power of the British consumer it can take a little while for global supply chains to catch up with that demand. Obviously a stagnant economy will not have the same problems.

Must be frustrating that as soon as remainers find the tiniest thing they think they can pin on Brexit, with a little in depth analysis it turns out to be a Brexit benefit!
    And yet again, Dribbles tells another untruth, and just sees unicorns. Maybe mmo-champion isnt for you, but 4chan would be up your alley.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The clownery in this thread tripled since I last looked!

Yeah, not really much to be had from certain posters, unless you're bored at the weekend. I'm just gonna drop this updated link again and let them flail.
    I thought this video was fairly relevant to all the recent accusations of lying and dishonesty: https://twitter.com/PeterStefanovi2/...91973764001792. Not too long ago that level of dishonesty would have forced the PM to resign (or be removed).

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Ideally we'd like you not to feed the burner accounts, but at least snip your replies. It decreases the amount we have to remove and we'd prefer you all be able to keep what you post.

(And before you ask, "Why don't you change things xyz to improve things?" that's above my control and the admin replies are known in S&F)
    Would help if you actually took a harsher stance on permanent bans and go for their hardware. That one guy has made hundreds of accounts, and you guys apparently can't stop him from making more.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Would help if you actually took a harsher stance on permanent bans and go for their hardware. That one guy has made hundreds of accounts, and you guys apparently can't stop him from making more.
    As stated, above my non-existent paygrade in this case. And this specific suggestion was answered by admins many times, as it essentially has its own easy workaround as they explained it. I personally don't know if there is much that can be done w/ the dino code as is.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Brexit the gift that keeps on giving

Tesco products will disappear from Finland because of Brexit

Tesco products are set to disappear from a grocery chain in Finland because of Brexit, with French retailer Carrefour set to fill the gap left by the British retailer.

Finnish chain S-Group said Tesco not only cancelled its agreement with them because of UK’s exit from the EU, but will do so “globally”, according to journalist David Mac Dougall.

Mac Dougall said: “Tesco products will soon disappear from the shelves of the S-Group grocery chain in Finland due to Brexit.

“For a good number of years they’ve stocked hundreds of products which was hailed as a big deal, and championed repeatedly by the embassy. Now, the realities are laid bare.

“Finland is a robust market for free-from products and this was where Tesco made their mark. Tesco has been very visible on the shelves but thanks to Brexit that deal is over.”

He added: “And what’s the Brexit dividend here? S-Group has already turned to French retailer Carrefour to fill the gap left by Tesco.

“Let’s be very clear, for UK-Finland trade this was a real flagship deal due to how visible Tesco products have been (not necessarily due to the money value of the deal).

Let's not forget a month ago Marks and Spencer closed half his store in France due to Brexit
    Marks & Spencer to close more than half its stores in France due to Brexit supply problems

Who's next?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Oh my. Hadn't even heard of that until now. But then again, I kinda live under a rock.

Personally, I don't think I've ever bought anything Tesco, so I don't really care. Made a quick skim through what kind of products they even have, and none of them seem all that familiar to me. But apparently we've had those products for some time now, so I'd imagine people are going to be somewhat disappointed.

This is yet another mark against Brexit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Oh my. Hadn't even heard of that until now. But then again, I kinda live under a rock.

Personally, I don't think I've ever bought anything Tesco, so I don't really care. Made a quick skim through what kind of products they even have, and none of them seem all that familiar to me. But apparently we've had those products for some time now, so I'd imagine people are going to be somewhat disappointed.

This is yet another mark against Brexit.
    Nonono, its perfectly a pro thing for Brexit... - Dribbles, probaly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Nonono, its perfectly a pro thing for Brexit... - Dribbles, probaly.
    "Now that we aren't sending our wonderful British products overseas, there are more of them available in this country. Another Brexit benefit chums. Which explains why all of our shelves are full, despite the lies that certain Remoaners are trying to perpetuate."

Ugh. I feel sick even satirising him.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    "Now that we aren't sending our wonderful British products overseas, there are more of them available in this country. Another Brexit benefit chums. Which explains why all of our shelves are full, despite the lies that certain Remoaners are trying to perpetuate."

*passes the vomit train bucket*

Pretty spot on impression don't forget to add how this totes will make products cheaper because they will be lots of products in the UK or something.

I'm not talking to the soon to be deleted burner, so can somebody remind him that those empty shelves in Brussels were due to a strike, rather than a shortage of drivers. If he'd read the article that was linked, he would have known that, but reading and understanding don't seem to be high on the list of aptitudes required for Brexiteers.

Maybe also remind him that I'm a UK citizen, and I'm here reporting that I've seen empty shelves. I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of others in this thread that can do the same. I'll believe my own eyes, and reports from other people, ahead of someone that doesn't understand what "you're banned, go away" means and who refuses to say which part of the country he's in.

Gives off serious incel vibes, that one.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/business/9...isis-explained

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58721085

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/14...d-s-milkshakes

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...hains-25014381

There's a whole bunch of reports of empty shelves, with evidence from experts.

Oh wait, you're a Brexiteer. Anything in the MSM is fake news and made up. So that won't do. And anything from experts can be immediately dismissed, because you don't believe in experts.

Maybe our burner can tell us what he'd actually accept as "evidence" of the shortages we all know are happening? Because it took me a full minute of googling to pull together the stories above.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/business/9...isis-explained

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58721085

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/14...d-s-milkshakes

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...hains-25014381

There's a whole bunch of reports of empty shelves, with evidence from experts.

Oh wait, you're a Brexiteer. Anything in the MSM is fake news and made up. So that won't do. And anything from experts can be immediately dismissed, because you don't believe in experts.

Maybe our burner can tell us what he'd actually accept as "evidence" of the shortages we all know are happening? Because it took me a full minute of googling to pull together the stories above.
    Been shopping the last couple of weeks, noticed Aldi had one of their frozen fish sections empty for a few days, its for things like fish cakes, salmon etc, its 4 half cabinets with doors that open to you. The rest of the shop was full.

Tescos, i did notice a shortage of Bananas, besides that the entire shop with all its shelves was completely full.

~I also found a section for turkey's in both shops, aldi's one having about 30 birds in it, all the way from a £22 pounds one down to about £10 for some crowns, i was actually surprised to find them as xmas is still a long way off.

I shall take a trip down to my local smiths next week to see how they are doing.

7+ Year Old Account
    More Brexit benefits announced today.

I'm not sure eurochums if you are aware that the EU effectively has a citizenship fee. This is hidden within the tax rates on domestic fuel whereby no EU member state is permitted to charge less than 5% VAT on domestic energy.

As promised at the time of the referendum by Brexiteers, voting to leave would allow the UK to reduce VAT below the EU mandated 5%.

When we Vote Leave, we will be able to scrap this unfair and damaging tax.
    "It isn’t right that unelected bureaucrats in Brussels impose taxes on the poorest and elected British politicians can do nothing."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...et-2021-brexit

Brexit benefits promised, Brexit benefits delivered by our caring Conservatives for all here in the sunlit uplands. No wonder, thanks to Brexit, everyone has more money in their pockets and in our booming economy the shops can barely restock the shelves as quick as UK consumers can empty them!

What wonderful times we live in, so many Brexit benefits for all...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Welcome to dribbles world; where "considering" is the same as doing. Where "a cut" means the same as abolishing. Where taking extra pounds in NI to pay for the NHS that Brexit was supposed to pay for on its own can be ignored, but not taking so much tax on fuel is a Brexit benefit.

Oh, and where the huge increases in fuel bills we're experiencing in this post Brexit hellscape mean that the VAT tax income from energy has massively gone up. Meaning they could cut the rate and still be getting just as much out of us.

And dribbles is also ignoring that EU countries have been taking genuine steps to help people in this energy crisis. While bumbling Boris sits on his arse in a holiday home doing fuck all.

You're fooling nobody with this shit dribbles. Not even yourself, I suspect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to dribbles world; where "considering" is the same as doing. Where "a cut" means the same as abolishing. Where taking extra pounds in NI to pay for the NHS that Brexit was supposed to pay for on its own can be ignored, but not taking so much tax on fuel is a Brexit benefit.

Oh, and where the huge increases in fuel bills we're experiencing in this post Brexit hellscape mean that the VAT tax income from energy has massively gone up. Meaning they could cut the rate and still be getting just as much out of us.

And dribbles is also ignoring that EU countries have been taking genuine steps to help people in this energy crisis. While bumbling Boris sits on his arse in a holiday home doing fuck all.

You're fooling nobody with this shit dribbles. Not even yourself, I suspect.
    No one is being fooled Huey for sure, so many great companies investing in Britain. These Brexit benefits are pouring in so fast not even I can keep up...

Post-Brexit boost: Ford picks UK factory over Germany for £200m electric car investment

https://www.cityam.com/ford-chooses-...mission-plans/

Thanks Boris from a grateful public for all these benefits delivered, no wonder he is the most popular leader in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    No one is being fooled Huey for sure, so many great companies investing in Britain. These Brexit benefits are pouring in so fast not even I can keep up...

Post-Brexit boost: Ford picks UK factory over Germany for £200m electric car investment

https://www.cityam.com/ford-chooses-...mission-plans/

Thanks Boris from a grateful public for all these benefits delivered, no wonder he is the most popular leader in Europe.
    "Ford is being supported with taxpayer money from the Government’s £500m Automotive Transmission Fund."

Wow, we've managed to bribe a company to come here to make up for the superior benefits they'd get from basing themselves in the EU. Those Brexit benefits sure do keep coming. As long as we keep paying for them.

Read the fucking articles dribbles. At least make it take more than a cursory glance to find the gaping holes in your posts.