Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    BfA's (real) main story was about the Old Gods, so yeah, BoD actually fit the "x.1 raids are usually a side story" view.
    Very good point!

They could make new classes but, there's always the problem that they are already TWELVE so a new player may be overwhelmed.

They could have a tank class; we have purely r/m dps classes and an almost purely healer class; could do it on an existing one.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gamescom 2022
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I would be surprised if they don't announce something at BlizzCon. Other than Diablo Immortal, which comes out in Q1 or Q2 next year, I don't think they have any new releases slated. That seems like an awfully long drought for them to report to their stakeholders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    9.3 will clearly happen because this expansion clearly feels too short without it and with my experience with their development process: they must have planned for 9.3 for sure..
    three words: Warlords of Draenor

they don't care if feels too short or not

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

I took that into account. WoD was another era; I believe they were still grasping at straws and believed they will return to the glory of WotLK; I think it's pretty clear now that everyone and their brother knows the game is on a steady downward spiral since its highest peak and it will never reach those highs again (or at least not just with an expansion announcement) so they are definitely more conservative now before they pull the lever of "QUICK LET'S MAKE AN EXPANSION TO SAVE OUR POPULARITY".

Besides: Shadowlands is objectively not a terrible expansion in terms of their track record; mechanically it's mostly just another Legion just like BfA was; I can see a much earlier release than a ~2+ years in the future one only if they do a massive paradigm shift in the mechanics (like Legion did with the spam of world-grinding) but then you'll have the problem that they are still being attacked for the harassment-scandal so they'll probably wait for at least ~2 years before they start spamming again.

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    My guess is a similar sort of thing to Blizzconline in early 2022
    same thought here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

you should check the timelines. in no way it was too short. they simply let Tanaan run as only content to infinity. also they added no content mid xpac besides selfie cam patch. BUT: they not shortened WoD. the xpac had a usual runtime, as all others. they just added nothing to it. but it was not shortend.

MoP: Nov12 - Nov14
    WoD: Nov14 - Aug16
    Legion: Aug16 - Aug18
    BfA: Aug18 - Nov20

see what i mean?

so, yes, you are right. WoD was shortened… for 2 months.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-10-18 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soon™

2022 announcement at the earliest for a more serious answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I took that into account. WoD was another era; I believe they were still grasping at straws and believed they will return to the glory of WotLK; I think it's pretty clear now that everyone and their brother knows the game is on a steady downward spiral since its highest peak and it will never reach those highs again (or at least not just with an expansion announcement) so they are definitely more conservative now before they pull the lever of "QUICK LET'S MAKE AN EXPANSION TO SAVE OUR POPULARITY".

Besides: Shadowlands is objectively not a terrible expansion in terms of their track record; mechanically it's mostly just another Legion just like BfA was; I can see a much earlier release than a ~2+ years in the future one only if they do a massive paradigm shift in the mechanics (like Legion did with the spam of world-grinding) but then you'll have the problem that they are still being attacked for the harassment-scandal so they'll probably wait for at least ~2 years before they start spamming again.
    they stick since a decade with 2 year releases. see my post 2 posts above (there you have the runtime dates of the last 5 xpacs). why should they change this?

They could make new classes but, there's always the problem that they are already TWELVE so a new player may be overwhelmed.

They could have a tank class; we have purely r/m dps classes and an almost purely healer class; could do it on an existing one.
    Every new class so far has been a tank class. Hasn't solved the tank shortage anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    We'll get info about 9.2 shortly after 9.1.5 releases (2-4 weeks i'd say).

Expansion info will depend on 9.2 being the final patch, or if there's a 9.3 ahead. So it's anyone guess at the moment.

My bet is expansion reveal\details in summer'22, with a release Q1'23 or something like that.
    V9.3 will happen 100% sure.

Blizzard will NEVER dare to risk another WoD.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

the only „new“ thing in classes is a spec combination of Tank and Range DPS. since no class with this combo exists. the other thing is heal/melee/range combo, which only exists with shamans and druids. but i dont assume that tbh.

when they wanna go hit the bomb they really do some range tanking class (what ppl talk about since …. ever). like Tinker or so. combined with a range DPS spec. everything else is just more of the same.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There will probably not be an expansion at all, until the harassment scandal is forgotten entirely; they will not want "harassment scandal-WoW releases a new expansion" headline ever; this can take at least 2 years.

This means we will either see a new expansion in 2024-ish or a rename of the game or if this becomes worse: a rename of the company themselves.
    That is 99% not going to happen.

The whole scandal drama will stay for ever at this point, the best thing they can do is move on quick and create a new expansion with the player feedback ,which is easy: remove all useless overlycomplicated systems, let wow be wow again. Its most basic version has proven to be the favorite.. We have literally drawn the bridge, all they need to do is build it.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    they stick since a decade with 2 year releases. see my post 2 posts above (there you have the runtime dates of the last 5 xpacs). why should they change this?
    My main position was that 9.3 will likely exist even if 9.2 goes through fast. Releasing a new expansion could be later though this time especially because of the harassment-scandal; they will not want "harassment-accused wow goes for another expansion" being still warm on the news; it still feels warm on the news and I guess the vague/subjective impression I get is that it will last for at least another year.

It might also be a paradigm shift in their own release cycle; it's not like Shadowlands is that much different from Legion and BfA in terms of gameplay; I realize that implies if they have invented a new paradigm it may come sooner though so it's uncertain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Every new class so far has been a tank class. Hasn't solved the tank shortage anyways.
    I don't want to solve a shortage problem. It's about people like me that like pure classes. I've made a topic that expands better on that here because here's it's pretty much off topic: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ely-tank-class

I want a big, proper new xpac
    I can wait with a low profile 9.3 patch
    I just want a good 10.0, we deserve it at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    the only „new“ thing in classes is a spec combination of Tank and Range DPS. since no class with this combo exists. the other thing is heal/melee/range combo, which only exists with shamans and druids. but i dont assume that tbh.

when they wanna go hit the bomb they really do some range tanking class (what ppl talk about since …. ever). like Tinker or so. combined with a range DPS spec. everything else is just more of the same.
    I disagree. There has never been a purely (or even almost-purely) tank class and we have multiple purely melee and ranged classes and an almost-purely healing class.

We expand better in this thread because here it's pretty much off topic: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ely-tank-class

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    That is 99% not going to happen.

The whole scandal drama will stay for ever at this point, the best thing they can do is move on quick and create a new expansion with the player feedback ,which is easy: remove all useless overlycomplicated systems, let wow be wow again. Its most basic version has proven to be the favorite.. We have literally drawn the bridge, all they need to do is build it.
    Yes and no. I was probably a bit extreme in that reply and 2 years might be too much etc. But: they will definitely care if the harassment news are still warm on social media; they will not last forever in the current strength; there is a good chance in ~1 year it will be almost forgotten (especially by non-players).

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    New class is more marketable than rework of existing classes.
    Idk, I think fourth spec (with an included rework of the other specs) could very much generate a ton of hype. They could have like, Necromancer for the DK, a tank spec for Warlocks, Shamans, and Rogues, a healer for Mage, Dark Ranger for Hunter, etcetera.

I dont mean when we will be able to play the new expansion,but to see their ideas,expansion theme and so on.Is blizzcon february too early for it ?

A new class is more marketable but worse for the game imo.

There are plenty of classes. Would much rather see new specs or something instead of trying to cram yet another class into an already overstuffed raid/dungeon roster.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

7+ Year Old Account
    Saw a definitive post on reddit stating that news will be dropped tomorrow.