Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    just speaking for myself, but the issue isn't the content of the changes as making the game more inclusive doesn't diminish the fun for me, and getting more players on board is always good. The problem is the decision making blizzard devs use. The game has been starved of good content and needs the next patch, but this is what they decide is more important than actually working on content.
    *citation needed

Next, I don't believe the blue posts they put out for the justification of removing content outright. I've always been against removing content, or modifying it years later. It's understandable that they do it, since we now live in a world were years ancient twitter posts get dredged up just to shit on people, but all of this isn't to help make the game more inclusive, it's to cover blizz's ass against future fits people could have about old content.
    *citation needed

If they really want to make the game more inclusive, then they should do that with new (good!) content, but clearly the dev team is swamped with serving corporate interests.
    *citation needed

I've seen more than enough outrage and screaming from both the sjw crowd here as the anti change people, and all that's come from it is nothing but bickering. one might think that there really isn't anything to win in this shit throwing contest, when both teams are covered in feaces.
    From my vantage point only one side of the discussion is trying to manifest talking points from thin air so I really don't think this is a "both sides are wrong" scenario.

just speaking for myself, but the issue isn't the content of the changes as making the game more inclusive doesn't diminish the fun for me, and getting more players on board is always good. The problem is the decision making blizzard devs use. The game has been starved of good content and needs the next patch, but this is what they decide is more important than actually working on content.

Next, I don't believe the blue posts they put out for the justification of removing content outright. I've always been against removing content, or modifying it years later. It's understandable that they do it, since we now live in a world were years ancient twitter posts get dredged up just to shit on people, but all of this isn't to help make the game more inclusive, it's to cover blizz's ass against future fits people could have about old content.

If they really want to make the game more inclusive, then they should do that with new (good!) content, but clearly the dev team is swamped with serving corporate interests. I've seen more than enough outrage and screaming from both the sjw crowd here as the anti change people, and all that's come from it is nothing but bickering. one might think that there really isn't anything to win in this shit throwing contest, when both teams are covered in feaces.
    1. They're not just making a patch which changes quest titles, character names, etc etc. It's a tandem job.

2. Ancient tweets sometimes get dredged up to shit on people, this wasn't one of those situations. I also am unsure how this makes the game more inclusive, but if there is a fair portion of people happy with these changes - which when they go live won't detract from the game - what's the harm.

3. I think new content is new content. The reason they're probably severely slow on doing new content right now is purely due to the internal strife. I agree that there is a lot of pointless bickering going back and forth, BUT the right wing outrage crowd is being way more toxic in this go around.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    *citation needed

*citation needed

*citation needed

From my vantage point only one side of the discussion is trying to manifest talking points from thin air so I really don't think this is a "both sides are wrong" scenario.
    As I said before in the thread, you're not here for an honest discussion, you're here to spout reactionary 'gotchas' at people you don't like/disagree with in a feeble attempt to get them annoyed/angry, your posts don't hold up nor bring anything of value to the discussion. You're not here for an honest discussion, nor are you able or willing to see things from a different perspective. Low tier trolling should be bannable here, but lucky for you it isn't. If you really think that by now the discussion in this thread is actually going anywhere, then please go on, I do think that some of your mental gymnastics are hilarious.

you coudl continue to @me, but don't expect me to feed the troll anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    1. They're not just making a patch which changes quest titles, character names, etc etc. It's a tandem job.

2. Ancient tweets sometimes get dredged up to shit on people, this wasn't one of those situations. I also am unsure how this makes the game more inclusive, but if there is a fair portion of people happy with these changes - which when they go live won't detract from the game - what's the harm.

3. I think new content is new content. The reason they're probably severely slow on doing new content right now is purely due to the internal strife. I agree that there is a lot of pointless bickering going back and forth, BUT the right wing outrage crowd is being way more toxic in this go around.
    1. I do really hope that it isn't eating too much resources, but I personally have my doubts.

2. this was more of an example, people make mistakes in the past that could be just as easily forgiven instead of being needlessly punished for, times changes and so do sensibilities of people.

3. The internal strife in blizz is probably a big factor, and I do think that those issues are quite serious. I do think that the right wing crowd have no real argument here, the contents of the changes are in some cases silly to me, but ultimately are not that serious or bad. The thing is, there are also some left leaning posters here that have also been toxic to the extreme, although I won't call out any names I do think that that kind of animosity doesn't help when someone is trying to make a point, or try to make someone see something from a different perspective.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

As I said before in the thread, you're not here for an honest discussion, you're here to spout reactionary 'gotchas' at people you don't like/disagree with in a feeble attempt to get them annoyed/angry, your posts don't hold up nor bring anything of value to the discussion. You're not here for an honest discussion, nor are you able or willing to see things from a different perspective. Low tier trolling should be bannable here, but lucky for you it isn't. If you really think that by now the discussion in this thread is actually going anywhere, then please go on, I do think that some of your mental gymnastics are hilarious.

you coudl continue to @me, but don't expect me to feed the troll anymore.
    Instead of calling me a troll, you could also try providing opinions that aren't totally baseless and indicative of your complete lack of knowledge of how Blizzard works internally.

1. I do really hope that it isn't eating too much resources, but I personally have my doubts.

2. this was more of an example, people make mistakes in the past that could be just as easily forgiven instead of being needlessly punished for, times changes and so do sensibilities of people.

3. The internal strife in blizz is probably a big factor, and I do think that those issues are quite serious. I do think that the right wing crowd have no real argument here, the contents of the changes are in some cases silly to me, but ultimately are not that serious or bad. The thing is, there are also some left leaning posters here that have also been toxic to the extreme, although I won't call out any names I do think that that kind of animosity doesn't help when someone is trying to make a point, or try to make someone see something from a different perspective.
    1. I doubt it is. It's a pretty simple job. Gather feedback, change names. Done.

2. I get that, but it's funny that most amount of people cancelled in this way are folk on the left...

3. I have no doubt that there are toxic folk on the left. That said, the right tends to be Team Projection, and then cry foul when the left get going.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    No it’s changes the devs want to make and have wanted to make for some time. Abunch of devs have talked about it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/thewileys...74943869722625
    Then there is no hope for the game.

*citation needed

*citation needed

*citation needed

Aren't you behaving a bit childish now? There's no "citation needed" for stating ones feelings or observations. But I'm sure you knew that and decided to go ahead with this low effort trolling anyway. Disagree with people all you want but acting like that is just... sad?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRoe View Post
    Aren't you behaving a bit childish now? There's no "citation needed" for stating ones feelings or observations. But I'm sure you knew that and decided to go ahead with this low effort trolling anyway. Disagree with people all you want but acting like that is just... sad?
    When your "feels and observations" are informed by pointless cynicism instead of anything we actually know about how Blizzard works internally, yeah. I'm going to call it out. That's not trolling.

When your "feels and observations" are informed by pointless cynicism instead of anything we actually know about how Blizzard works internally, yeah. I'm going to call it out. That's not trolling.
    Oh I so strongly disagree with you, you don't get the right to label someone opinions as "pointless and too cynical" in order to justify low effort troll replies. If you feel it's adding nothing of value... Don't reply?
    Or make your own points? And it gets even better because in your very next post you try to lecture others about the value of "providing opinions".
    Maybe don't? If you want to be the adult part of that argument maybe start by acting like one?

Oh I so strongly disagree with you, you don't get the right to label someone opinions as "pointless and too cynical" in order to justify low effort troll replies.
    The low effort trolling is mostly by the people who want to pretend they know how Blizzard works internally so they can make pointless arguments about how Blizzard renaming "Master Baiter" is the reason that we have to wait 73 fucking years for content to come out. The speed at which Blizzard has been releasing content in this game is a problem but it has nothing to do with these changes; I'd prefer if people would stop pretending that Blizzard, a company with thousands of employees, is somehow entirely incapable of developing content while also making these changes to the game.

If you feel it's adding nothing of value... Don't reply? Or make your own points? And it gets even better because in your very next post you try to lecture others about the value of "providing opinions"...

Maybe don't? If you want to be the adult part of that argument maybe start by acting like one?
    Your opinion of my opinion has been noted.

The low effort trolling is mostly by the people who want to pretend they know how Blizzard works internally so they can make pointless arguments about how Blizzard renaming "Master Baiter" is the reason that we have to wait 73 fucking years for content to come out. The speed at which Blizzard has been releasing content in this game is a problem but it has nothing to do with these changes; I'd prefer if people would stop pretending that Blizzard, a company with thousands of employees, is somehow entirely incapable of developing content while also making these changes to the game.

Your opinion of my opinion has been noted.
    "No I'm not trolling, it's everyone who I disagree with who are trolling". Common...
    Oh well, no need to make this into a pointless back-and-forth derailing the thread, I just thought your reply, attitude and hypocrisies was worth highlighting.
    And for the record I do think you're right on the topic at large, it just doesn't matter when you start posting low effort nonsens giving the other guy a victory by default. Such a shame.

"No I'm not trolling, it's everyone who I disagree with who are trolling". Common...
    It's not a disagreement. I pointed out that none of the talking points he was using were able to be sourced. You can label it "low effort" if you want but the point remains.

Oh well, no need to make this into a pointless back-and-forth derailing the thread, I just thought your reply, attitude and hypocrisies was worth highlighting.
    And for the record I do think you're right on the topic at large, it just doesn't matter when you start posting low effort nonsens giving the other guy a victory by default. Such a shame.
    I'd already had a back-and-forth with that dude a dozen or so pages ago. His parameters for an "honest discussion" apparently require me to admit that his cynical musings about how Blizzard works internally are 100% correct because, well, he thinks therefore it is. There's not a whole lot of "adult conversation" that can come from somebody who refuses to even admit there's a possibility their viewpoint might be a little bit misguided.

I keep hearing more and more about how they are changing things so they can virtue signal to the minority, I have never been so glad I quit this game.

There's not a whole lot of "adult conversation" that can come from somebody who refuses to even admit there's a possibility their viewpoint might be a little bit misguided.
    And that's not even going into how there are zillions of dweebs doing that. Or spouting cheap "gotcha" bullshit in lieu of rebuttal. Or slippery-sloping about some straw-SJW agenda that they imagine must exist and ruined-forevering over it, or railing against some designated acceptable target or scapegoat, or just spewing venom about "degeneracy" or some such.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    They stand to gain the exact same thing as when they went after space marine IE others not using the term and given there past experience they don’t even need to follow through it blizzard wants to fight them for it.
    GW wanted to stop a book being published with one of their trademarks in the title because they thought it could dilute their brand. They would not be able to go after people using generic terms within a body of work, for example referring to their space soldiers as Space Marines or green skinned monsters as greenskins.

Blizzard is there biggest competitor in the use of green skins, it GW wants to do a big orc push they could want to be the only big name using the term and just throwing an email to blizzard to see if it works could do that.
    Like... what?! This is one of the most bewildering made-up motivations for a company doing something that I have ever read.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    GW wanted to stop a book being published with one of their trademarks in the title because they thought it could dilute their brand. They would not be able to go after people using generic terms within a body of work, for example referring to their space soldiers as Space Marines or green skinned monsters as greenskins.

Like... what?! This is one of the most bewildering made-up motivations for a company doing something that I have ever read.
    They had no legitimate trademark when it came to the book which is why they didn’t follow through and take it to court they were just trying to bully some one else not to use the name.

Like a game or a book series or even just using them for total war 3 like they did in 2?
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/the-greenskins/
    It’s not like it’s some term they rarely use.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post

When the changes are so retarded and asinine its hard to believe it was because of rational decisions. So all we have to do is speculate on what actually happened or assume all the developers are SJW's that have 25 pronouns in their Twitter bio.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    When the changes are so retarded and asinine its hard to believe it was because of rational decisions. So all we have to do is speculate on what actually happened or assume all the developers are SJW's that have 25 pronouns in their Twitter bio.
    The fact that you lack the capacity to understand or empathize with the extremely human reasons these changes are being made doesn't excuse an offensive level of cynicism.

The fact that you lack the capacity to understand or empathize with the extremely human reasons these changes are being made doesn't excuse an offensive level of cynicism.
    I cant empathize with developers removing the fart and burp emote in a video game because people were abused in real life. It literally doesn't add up. And don't you dare tell me "but we don't know what happened in blizzard." You have to be blind and ignorant to actually believe that nonsense.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-10-18 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I cant empathize with developers removing the fart and burp emote in a video game because people were abused in real life. It literally doesn't add up. And don't you dare tell me "but we don't know what happened in blizzard." You have to be blind and ignorant to actually believe that nonsense.
    I'll take "Reasons the lawsuit happened in the first place" for $1,000 Alex.