Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why don't random battlegrounds have a forfeit option?

Sucks to be joined into a long lost game and have your time wasted. Shouldn't wow have a FF or mercy rule in place to save time?

Obviously, because you pay for game time. More game time wasted - more cash for bli$$ard. More cash for Bli$$ard - more yachts for Kotick.

So, basically, you waste your time because Kotick must get a new yacht.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crix View Post
    Sucks to be joined into a long lost game and have your time wasted. Shouldn't wow have a FF or mercy rule in place to save time?
    Eh, smells easily abused in the WoW BG stage. You have people quitting because the opposing team has a buff you don't have, or people give up because the other faction just happens to cap something before you.

Though, I agree with you when it is that the opposing team tries to sit on the match, farming for the honor.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Because forfeit options are the worst thing to ever exist in team-based PvP games. It is fine for 1v1, and literally nothing else.

For the health of the community at least, the surrender option is a major contributing factor to the terrible behavior in MOBA communities. You have people who wind up trolling their own team in an effort to get them to surrender, people give up long before it is reasonable, and matches that could've been won are instead lost because someone threw a tantrum.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2021-10-18 at 03:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Eh, smells easily abused in the WoW BG stage. You have people quitting because the opposing team has a buff you don't have, or people give up because the other faction just happens to cap something before you.

Though, I agree with you when it is that the opposing team tries to sit on the match, farming for the honor.
    I mean its common for one team to have 0 healers and it wastes everyone's time anyways. WoWs matchmaking is shit I can't see a bail button making it worse.

I mean its common for one team to have 0 healers and it wastes everyone's time anyways. WoWs matchmaking is shit I can't see a bail button making it worse.
    I'd rather have it fixed with some sort of rewards for individual performance. Winning team gets same reward as currently, losing team players get no rewards if they were fucking around and half-as-good-as-winners if they actually tried. Ofc an algorithm for that wouldn't be the easiest thing ever but yes, it's doable.

Option for forfeit always creates a situation where a team decides to lose (via forfeit) without even trying. Some players do it only for Honor/Conquest per hour, and if they could maximize it with option to forfeit every match that might go poorly, they'd use it.

The whole point of battlegrounds is to give premades and geared people punching bags to have fun with. Can't just let the punching bags forfeit, that would kill the fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even without a healer, you can win, though?

I'd rather they fixed the pools so such wouldn't happen. Already tired of people asking for forfeit in FFXIV due to something not going how they wanted it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Because most battlegrounds would be forfeited after a single death

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Forfeits create even more toxic Behaviour, where 1 person dies and tries to forfeit, then pouts when it doesn't go through and does nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Obviously, because you pay for game time. More game time wasted - more cash for bli$$ard. More cash for Bli$$ard - more yachts for Kotick.

So, basically, you waste your time because Kotick must get a new yacht.
    Funny because it's true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Because forfeit options are the worst thing to ever exist in team-based PvP games. It is fine for 1v1, and literally nothing else.

For the health of the community at least, the surrender option is a major contributing factor to the terrible behavior in MOBA communities. You have people who wind up trolling their own team in an effort to get them to surrender, people give up long before it is reasonable, and matches that could've been won are instead lost because someone threw a tantrum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourbaak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Forfeits create even more toxic Behaviour, where 1 person dies and tries to forfeit, then pouts when it doesn't go through and does nothing else.
    No. If the majority wants to leave: they will ruin the game anyway. And those specific stories that someone ruined your game: it does not prove the system ruined your game; those people routinely ruin games even if there is no forfeit option because they simply grief you and play worse.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I'd rather have it fixed with some sort of rewards for individual performance. Winning team gets same reward as currently, losing team players get no rewards if they were fucking around and half-as-good-as-winners if they actually tried. Ofc an algorithm for that wouldn't be the easiest thing ever but yes, it's doable.

Option for forfeit always creates a situation where a team decides to lose (via forfeit) without even trying. Some players do it only for Honor/Conquest per hour, and if they could maximize it with option to forfeit every match that might go poorly, they'd use it.
    Pretty sure they tried that. They would offer a bonus to people queueing as healers, so people would queue up as a healer and then switch their spec back to DPS before the match started. I saw this happen multiple times personally, and it always pissed me off. Hell, I even saw it in dungeons for a little while. Trying to run a dungeon with a tank and four DPS usually doesn't work out...

Even without a healer, you can win, though?

I'd rather they fixed the pools so such wouldn't happen. Already tired of people asking for forfeit in FFXIV due to something not going how they wanted it.
    Having no healers is akin to being down 3 players for each healer the enemy has. Sure if the gear disparity is absolutely massive on a class with a ton of defenses and sustain against a team of uncoordinated undergeared new players you have a small chance of winning but no chance without all those boxes ticked.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourbaak View Post
    It's this.

Has anybody here ever played League of Legends? I don't think that's a lesson we need to be learning from that game... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Having no healers is akin to being down 3 players for each healer the enemy has. Sure if the gear disparity is absolutely massive on a class with a ton of defenses and sustain against a team of uncoordinated undergeared new players you have a small chance of winning but no chance without all those boxes ticked.
    Having a group of friends being whiners even though a battle can be won but voting to forfeit, is akin to being toxic. Something that WILL happen in WoW as we see people up and quit over the team just having to do a little more work. I'm just saying, at most, this tool would be abused more than honest use.

oh man, I'd LOVE to have this function in Overwatch.

You mean why don't Alliance have a forfeit option? lol

Having a group of friends being whiners even though a battle can be won but voting to forfeit, is akin to being toxic. Something that WILL happen in WoW as we see people up and quit over the team just having to do a little more work. I'm just saying, at most, this tool would be abused more than honest use.
    That isn't how any of this works though... healers are by design able to withstand 2 dps attacking them and with a lot of burst the healer survives it unless they have a mortal wound mechanic... wow arena has damperig built into it for this very reason and rbgs limit the amount of healing specs your allowed in a team.
    Last edited by Mr Crix; 2021-10-18 at 05:39 PM.

Naa, there needs to be an option to join an existing game or a new game. There nothing like wasting 45mins only to join an event that's 99% finished...

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I'd rather have it fixed with some sort of rewards for individual performance.
    I don't PVP much (obviously) but I thought that was how the system was now, no? Obviously the winning team should get more rewards, but I thought even the losing team got something based on their individual performance.